Christchurch Mosque Shootings

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Theres also a marked difference between people who watch and share these things because they enjoy it or dont recognise the horror, and people who watch it to try and gain more of an understanding of what these people went through, and the anatomy of the type of terror event that is becoming an increasing threat to normal people.

I get it. You're the latter. I just don't understand why you need to watch a video of real terror to understand the real terror that people must have been going through. It's voyeurism of the worst kind. And every view of his video is a very small +1 to his actions. 

I don't want your excuse. I am entitled to call anyone who voluntarily watched a video of children being slaughtered an absolute scumbag. I don't care if it inspired you or not, you chose to watch a video of children dying, that absolutely makes you a cretin. 

IMG_0147.jpg

It's the saturation of people uploading the video that I cannot for the life of me understand. Apparently when it happened, YouTube were taking a down an upload of it every second. Facebook blocked 1.5 million videos apparently and that was still only did so much.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/facebook-removed-15-million-videos-of-the-christchurch-attacks-within-24-hours--and-there-were-still-many-more/2019/03/17/fe3124b2-4898-11e9-b871-978e5c757325_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.41944a4c5919

13 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

It's the saturation of people uploading the video that I cannot for the life of me understand. Apparently when it happened, YouTube were taking a down an upload of it every second. Facebook blocked 1.5 million videos apparently and that was still only did so much.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/facebook-removed-15-million-videos-of-the-christchurch-attacks-within-24-hours--and-there-were-still-many-more/2019/03/17/fe3124b2-4898-11e9-b871-978e5c757325_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.41944a4c5919

I'm genuinely surprised that Facebook are removing it. Remember a few years ago, there was an absolutely horrific film showing a Mexican woman being decapitated with a knife by some gangster. Facebook point-blank refused to remove it, but eventually acquiesced to stop it appearing automatically to anyone - and forcing the user to acknowledge its grimness before watching it. But woe betide you if you upload a picture showing a woman's breast. That shit will f**k you up. 

58 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm genuinely surprised that Facebook are removing it. Remember a few years ago, there was an absolutely horrific film showing a Mexican woman being decapitated with a knife by some gangster. Facebook point-blank refused to remove it, but eventually acquiesced to stop it appearing automatically to anyone - and forcing the user to acknowledge its grimness before watching it. But woe betide you if you upload a picture showing a woman's breast. That shit will f**k you up. 

The thing is I'm not Jimmy. Or Stan. Or Bob. Or Rodger The Tadger. Or Perth Belle. Or any of the other accounts I've been accused of being. This is my first and only account.
New people do join this site. Sorry that I annoy you but I just can't get my head round why someone would willingly watch children die. 

Course you're not.

Gimp

Wonder if this incident will put off our fellow countrymen from extolling the virtues of the UVF / IRA  on their travels on a match day, Both organisations sadly carried out similar atrocities so mibbe this could make people think twice about it.  We can but hope.

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

He filmed it to inspire and promote his ideology in others, not to simply get views you fucking clown.

Fortunately for me, I am capable of watching something and not changing how I view it. Some people arent, and those people are his target.

Stop trying to simplify it to meet your ends you fucking idiot. Bottom line is you are a troll account on a thread about a horrible tragedy trying to wind up and score points over it.

One of us is a scumbag. It 100% isnt me.

Who gives a f**k what the VL wanted out of it. 

The victims on the other hand, might not have been too happy for people to watch their final moments just to satisfy a morbid curiosity. 

Edited by coprolite
Splleing

5 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Is it just mod shitebaggery that's keeping Jimmy85 on this site? Because that's certainly how it seems.

Well he was banned by mods before so not sure it's shitebaggery.

Can you prove it's Jimmy85? What rules has he broken? Maybe I'm slightly biased because I largely agree with him that anyone who watches videos like this needs to take a long hard look at themselves. 

7 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Is it just mod shitebaggery that's keeping Jimmy85 on this site? Because that's certainly how it seems.

I don't think it's Jimmy, he used to be witty in a very angry way.

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Can you prove it's Jimmy85? What rules has he broken? Maybe I'm slightly biased because I largely agree with him that anyone who watches videos like this needs to take a long hard look at themselves. 

Jimmy isn't even remotely interested in being right here. It's the exact same shite as he did before. Go to the highest extreme of offended to get the reaction. Can I prove it? No, but given it's the third account posting the exact same stuff, I'm going to take a bit of a leap here, and quite frankly, couldn't give a f**k what you think of that.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think it's Jimmy, he used to be witty in a very angry way.

No he didn't. :lol: This is exactly the stuff he was doing before. It's only looking different now for people because it's a different username.

3 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Jimmy isn't even remotely interested in being right here. It's the exact same shite as he did before. Go to the highest extreme of offended to get the reaction. Can I prove it? No, but given it's the third account posting the exact same stuff, I'm going to take a bit of a leap here, and quite frankly, couldn't give a f**k what you think of that.

Not much point in me replying if you don't give a f**k about my opinion really! He's been handing out abuse and receiving it in equal measure - which is always going to happen from more hot-headed posters on emotive topics such as this. 

I would urge everyone though to reign in the personal abuse though. 

Do you believe that someone who is running about multiple threads trying to rile folk up and came striaght in, with his first and only account on this site, to go on wee sad dotting sprees is really not a troll account of a current or previous user?