Scottish Cup semi finals. Your thoughts

Blackie Gold

IMO a draw was probably a fair reflection of the game at Barrfields yesterday. Largs were easily the better side in the first half and Hurlford dominated after the break. A real game of two halves although both finished 1-1.

Before the interval a towering Creag Little header was cancelled out by a sclaffed Paul McKenzie shot. In the second period Liam Caddis headed home a Sam Lidington corner and Nicky Jamieson equalised after a bout of goalmouth ping-pong. Apparently there was a handball in the leadup to the Largs equaliser, but I didn't see it myself and like I say a draw was probably a fair result.

Should be a cracking second leg.
I'll take Largs to progress in this one.

IMO a draw was probably a fair reflection of the game at Barrfields yesterday. Largs were easily the better side in the first half and Hurlford dominated after the break. A real game of two halves although both finished 1-1.

Before the interval a towering Creag Little header was cancelled out by a sclaffed Paul McKenzie shot. In the second period Liam Caddis headed home a Sam Lidington corner and Nicky Jamieson equalised after a bout of goalmouth ping-pong. Apparently there was a handball in the leadup to the Largs equaliser, but I didn't see it myself and like I say a draw was probably a fair result.

Should be a cracking second leg.
Was a good contest wasnt it? Feel like that's as good as both teams have got so if one of us doesn't bring our A game to Blair Park next week the other will progress.

Was a good contest wasnt it? Feel like that's as good as both teams have got so if one of us doesn't bring our A game to Blair Park next week the other will progress.

It was a decent game for a semi first leg which are usually cagey affairs. I'd expect Largs to be stronger next week if a fit Ben Black returns. We can certainly play better than our disjoint first half performance, however I expect it to be another close run thing. I hope one team wins it though and we are not subjected to the agony of pens.

It was a decent game for a semi first leg which are usually cagey affairs. I'd expect Largs to be stronger next week if a fit Ben Black returns. We can certainly play better than our disjoint first half performance, however I expect it to be another close run thing. I hope one team wins it though and we are not subjected to the agony of pens.
Doubt we will have Ben back but think Struthers caused Hurlford all sorts of problems as well. We didnt get the ball up to our strikers enough so reckon we will need to gamble more next week.

Thought your No.8 had a great game.

Yes, we have a fans mom vote after every match and Calum Watt 8 was their choice yesterday. Shouldn't be a surprise though as he was the most successful Junior Cup player on the pitch with 2 winners (and a runners-up) medals already.
I must confess I'm not much on keeping up with players but you could tell he was experienced. Thought Millar was our calmest player but to be honest I dont think the occasion got to any of our players