Scottish Cup semi finals. Your thoughts

Blackie Gold

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

If Danny hadn't left we would have won  the cup that year

Screenshot_20170417-072327.thumb.png.e139bedfee6989e632c76b37ddbc271a.png

If Talbot had scored a other goal we would have gone on and beat Shotts in the 2012 J.C.Final.

If Linlithgow hadn't scored after this foul  on Tosh maybe we  could have won the 2002 final.

All swings and roundabouts.Some decisions you just have to take no matter how painful it is at the time.

12 minutes ago, happy said:

Screenshot_20170417-072327.thumb.png.e139bedfee6989e632c76b37ddbc271a.png

If Talbot had scored a other goal we would have gone on and beat Shotts in the 2012 J.C.Final.

If Linlithgow hadn't scored after this foul  on Tosh maybe we  could have won the 2002 final.

All swings and roundabouts.Some decisions you just have to take no matter how painful it is at the time.

For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'. - John Greenleaf Whittier:(

48 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:
49 minutes ago, Sunrise said:
Camelon will be in the Scottish FA Cup next season I believe?

To Exit at the preliminary round I believe?

Don't you be so sure eh?

Don't you be so sure eh?

Yes can't guarantee, but to be honest I don't actually care about them. The West area has the best teams hands down. Entertainment, competition and crowds. They may get lucky but I won't be watching their effort if you get my drift.

The SJFA has again misapplied it’s own rules in relation to the semi finals.
The competition rules state that the team drawn out of the hat first shall have choice of venue for the first leg.
However the SJFA considers that this means that the team first out are at home in the first leg.
Most clubs would probably want to have the second leg at home and are therefore are being penalised by this wrong interpretation.
If my team had suffered I would be protesting!

Any thoughts particularly from Lochee fans.

Where do their rules state that?
The copy of the constitution and rules that I have, state the first drawn club shall play at home (Rule 29 para 4).

As you say E-GE, the current rules  are quite specific.

Perhaps the chap is looking at an older, outdated, version. The newest version is openly available as a document on the SJFA website.

"6.In rounds prior to the Semi-Finals, the club first drawn in each couple shall have a choice of ground provided its ground or the ground it secures (which must be within the Region the club plays in and must be within a ten miles radius of that club’s registered ground), efficiently prevents the public having access thereto without payment and has dressing accommodation, including full toilet and washing facilities for the teams of each club within the ground. In the event of clubs drawing in the first game, the second team drawn shall have a choice of grounds, as above". (My italics in bold)

And then further on...as you rightly say, it specifically states :

"4.The first drawn club in each Semi Final will play at home in the first game".

Don't really think they could make it much clearer.

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

aye wow wee making up the numbers and cannon fodder for someone 

*insert "closer than Darvel will every get" comment here*

Cagey game the first leg of the s.c.s.f. Not up to the standard you expect your team play at.Some players are nervous.Some players are feart.The fear of making a mistake and letting everybody down.

In saying that I hope that there are nine goals in each of the semis and everybody still in with a shout come the second leg.   :)

P.S. Am away on holiday and missing the game,so, get posting!   I NEED TO KNOW        thanks in advance.

First legs are usually completely forgettable and in ten years of these two leg affairs i can't recall a team putting the tie to bed in the first game.

Notably soul destroying examples are Lithgae v Talbot and Rob Roy v Talbot.  There will be others. 

I don't think Lochee would be unhappy with a draw as they have recently beat Talbot at Beechwood, so I anticipate a cagey affair, and a warm up for the real semi final next week which i expect to be a cracker. 

5 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Looks like no one on here gives a toss about the Largs v Hurlford game, doesn't even seem to be a thread about it. :(

looks like being a real tight one for sure

19 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Looks like no one on here gives a toss about the Largs v Hurlford game, doesn't even seem to be a thread about it. :(

I agree with you they should be up for the cup.Mon the ither semi!

IMO a draw was probably a fair reflection of the game at Barrfields yesterday. Largs were easily the better side in the first half and Hurlford dominated after the break. A real game of two halves although both finished 1-1.

Before the interval a towering Creag Little header was cancelled out by a sclaffed Paul McKenzie shot. In the second period Liam Caddis headed home a Sam Lidington corner and Nicky Jamieson equalised after a bout of goalmouth ping-pong. Apparently there was a handball in the leadup to the Largs equaliser, but I didn't see it myself and like I say a draw was probably a fair result.

Should be a cracking second leg.

Archived