Scottish Cup semi finals. Your thoughts

Blackie Gold

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest brycey
6 hours ago, dealornodeal said:

Talbot v Hurlford final

2 giants of junior football in ayrshire - ad b surprised if both teams dont make it to the final

17 minutes ago, brycey said:

2 giants of junior football in ayrshire - ad b surprised if both teams dont make it to the final

At the risk of upsetting someone what do we use to class Hurlford as giants! ! Yes they are a good team and have been since the money man started pumping it in! I would dare to say out of the 4 teams left they have the smallest support week on week.

I appreciate that getting to semi’s etc will bring more support out however it is a surprise that a team that has had the success that they have had has not got a better support.

my heart would like to see a Lochee v Largs final, my head says the opposite.

• Think the semi finals should be a one off game on a senior grass park , A good friend off mine the Kat says a two legged tie gives the advantage to the bigger clubs and I agree ! good luck to the four teams

The SJFA has again misapplied it’s own rules in relation to the semi finals.

The competition rules state that the team drawn out of the hat first shall have choice of venue for the first leg.

However the SJFA considers that this means that the team first out are at home in the first leg.

Most clubs would probably want to have the second leg at home and are therefore are being penalised by this wrong interpretation.

If my team had suffered I would be protesting!

Any thoughts particularly from Lochee fans.

20 minutes ago, Dreghorn said:

The SJFA has again misapplied it’s own rules in relation to the semi finals.

The competition rules state that the team drawn out of the hat first shall have choice of venue for the first leg.

However the SJFA considers that this means that the team first out are at home in the first leg.

Most clubs would probably want to have the second leg at home and are therefore are being penalised by this wrong interpretation.

If my team had suffered I would be protesting!

Any thoughts particularly from Lochee fans.

I thought I remembered this being said last season, hence why I asked for confirmation on the dates........see Hertha!

• Think the semi finals should be a one off game on a senior grass park , A good friend off mine the Kat says a two legged tie gives the advantage to the bigger clubs and I agree ! good luck to the four teams
I agree and can't understand why they ever changed it. Its a cup competition and the excitement of a one off game is what it's all about.

16 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:
22 hours ago, eamonn said:

I agree and can't understand why they ever changed it. Its a cup competition and the excitement of a one off game is what it's all about.

I think it was to do with crowds and having to pay senior grounds where as this way they kept the money in the junior game. I always felt they should have played it one game at a Junior ground. I always felt that hindered us the year we went out to glenafton we had just lost Danny Smith our manager to linlithgow. Won the first leg but lost the second 

I think it was to do with crowds and having to pay senior grounds where as this way they kept the money in the junior game. I always felt they should have played it one game at a Junior ground. I always felt that hindered us the year we went out to glenafton we had just lost Danny Smith our manager to linlithgow. Won the first leg but lost the second 
Glenafton just the better team in my opinion.

33 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:
1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Glenafton just the better team in my opinion.

If Danny hadn't left we would have won  the cup that year

Archived