Sunday Bloody Sunday.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Incredible it's taken 47 years to bring some of these soldiers to book for this horror show.

One, soldier F, will now be charged with 2 murders and 4 attempted murders.

What does the F stand for?

Fuckwit?

Fallguy

Sunday Bloody Sunday'. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

Gammons in the local pub absolutely seething about this tonight. Some terrific quotes, my favourites being "they wanted to call it a war, they can't have it both ways", topped only by "so what? They were only fucking irish anyway"

I'm not sure in what particular war that shooting unarmed and wounded civilians was considered acceptable tbh. 

2 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Gammons in the local pub absolutely seething about this tonight. Some terrific quotes, my favourites being "they wanted to call it a war, they can't have it both ways", topped only by "so what? They were only fucking irish anyway"

I'm not sure in what particular war that shooting unarmed and wounded civilians was considered acceptable tbh. 

We'll shoot who we want, we'll shoo...........

7 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Pretty much any war in which we've participated. 

It's only unacceptable when foreigners we don't like are doing it. I'm looking at you Assad 

4 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Be interesting if Soldier F is Scottish.

Will Nicola and the gang come out in support of him along with the rest of the Scottish establishment?

:1eye

14 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Incredible it's taken 47 years to bring some of these soldiers to book for this horror show.

It is incredible.  After nearly fifty years, and nearly ten years after the publication of the Saville Report which confirmed the defendant perjured himself on a number of occasions - and it's only now that a prosecution will be pursued, and only against one individual, and only in respect of two of the five people he's supposed to have shot on the day.

It's almost as though the British government are throwing a bone of consolation to their Irish counterparts in order to get some support on a totally different matter.  I'm sure I can't think what that might be............

2 minutes ago, Estragon said:

It is incredible.  After nearly fifty years, and nearly ten years after the publication of the Saville Report which confirmed the defendant perjured himself on a number of occasions - and it's only now that a prosecution will be pursued, and only against one individual, and only in respect of two of the five people he's supposed to have shot on the day.

It's almost as though the British government are throwing a bone of consolation to their Irish counterparts in order to get some support on a totally different matter.  I'm sure I can't think what that might be............

Eurovision? 

2 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I might be wrong, but I don't think the Irish people they want support on a totally different matter are really that bothered about prosecuting British soldiers.

Archived