Transfer List

Keepoffthegrass

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darvel are aiming to be the new talbot, but I would say darvel are going about their model more like meadow with their mental money and also Hurlford of not so long ago, being ambitious is great but if and when the money man goes it can leave a trail of destruction. 

Wee pie heid has got the ££££££££ but its never a guarantee to achieve success in the juniors, give me talbots way of doing things any day of the week over chucking obscene money at it. 

5 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Darvel are aiming to be the new talbot, but I would say darvel are going about their model more like meadow with their mental money and also Hurlford of not so long ago, being ambitious is great but if and when the money man goes it can leave a trail of destruction. 

Wee pie heid has got the ££££££££ but its never a guarantee to achieve success in the juniors, give me talbots way of doing things any day of the week over chucking obscene money at it. 

We will need outward investment for the coming season but when we get promoted to the premier we are confident that we will be self sufficient.

10 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

See my previous post on this 

are you stupid ? 

1 minute ago, Oscar Wilder said:
10 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:
Ps wee secret if we want any of ur players we will get them , be worried 

Ah hope Darvel faw flat on their arse, for this comment alone!!

Exactly and I remember meadow back in the day hitting out with that patter saying they will just breeze in and buy anyone from clubs with their money, was quite satisfying for this reason alone when it went tits up, just stay Classy darvel legend with your bold patter :)

21 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Exactly and I remember meadow back in the day hitting out with that patter saying they will just breeze in and buy anyone from clubs with their money, was quite satisfying for this reason alone when it went tits up, just stay Classy darvel legend with your bold patter :)

Yip Medda guy said that to me. Fair play though he did pay top dollar for players and paid upfront. Cheque bounced once but replacement was good lol

Ah hope Darvel faw flat on their arse, for this comment alone!!
Why ? He is simply telling it as it is !
Darvel are the man city of the juniors they have the means to sign any player they want and there is nothing we can do about it other than get our own houses in order and try to match there ambitions .
If we can't then we can't moan about them going to the next level.

The hardest aspect for me to deal with is player loyalty if there is even such a thing in the junior game or should there even be ?
Players are part time so should it be expected they chase the money or should they show a bit of loyalty to the guys who give up there time and money to follow them up and down the country it's a tough one tbh

33 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Why ? He is simply telling it as it is !
Darvel are the man city of the juniors they have the means to sign any player they want and there is nothing we can do about it other than get our own houses in order and try to match there ambitions .
If we can't then we can't moan about them going to the next level.

The man City of the juniors :lol::lol:

Did Darvel not do that this season too . Signed a lot of players from all different areas and clubs and spent a lot of money .

You can spend all the money you like to get any players you like but its like baking a cake . You can buy all the fancy ingredients and mix and match all you like . At the end of the day , you need a top chef to mix them all together .

Good luck to them but im not convinced money buys you happiness in the juniors .

Did Darvel not do that this season too . Signed a lot of players from all different areas and clubs and spent a lot of money .

You can spend all the money you like to get any players you like but its like baking a cake . You can buy all the fancy ingredients and mix and match all you like . At the end of the day , you need a top chef to mix them all together .

Good luck to them but im not convinced money buys you happiness in the juniors .
Of course it does not guarantee anything but they feel they now have the right management team in place and fancy there chances for next season but rather than greeting about it my view is simple match them on and off the park or don't complain simply cos they are more ambitious

Archived