Berwick v Peterhead

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outstanding. That 3 points has just secured our league status, credit where it’s due, well done to Jonny and the boys. Hopefully we can kick on and pick up a few more points now, who knows maybe even catch cowden... 

Outstanding. That 3 points has just secured our league status, credit where it’s due, well done to Jonny and the boys. Hopefully we can kick on and pick up a few more points now, who knows maybe even catch cowden... 

Steady on. I’ll have some of what you’ve been drinking please. Still a long way to go but tonight is a massive 3 points.

Wouldn’t go as far to say as that’s the three points that has just secured our league status.
Gap still far too close for my liking but on the positive side it will give everyone around the club a massive boost.
Seven almost like cup finals to play from here though but with a lot more hope after tonight though.

1 hour ago, NE63 exile said:

Wouldn’t go as far to say as that’s the three points that has just secured our league status.
Gap still far too close for my liking but on the positive side it will give everyone around the club a massive boost.
Seven almost like cup finals to play from here though but with a lot more hope after tonight though.

Albion Rovers haven’t quite got those extra 3 points either just yet. Clyde’s appeal to the SFA to be heard. Saying that, knowing Scottish football. I expect them to uphold the decision and increase our fine for having the audacity to challenge the game’s authority. 

watching the footage, the biggest difference i can see from earlier in the season is pace, the Heid couldn't cope with our pace up front.  What a great result and well done everyone at the club, I've been critical this year but that performance puts a smile on everyone's face this morning, next the playoffs............

Well done Berwick.
I notice Rory wasnt in the squad.
Doesn't travel well.
If at all.
I think every Bluetoon supporter on here knew there was a result like this waiting to happen. Cant afford any more.
I think it's that his wife was/is due to give birth. Mcinally said he would've missed the original fixture date, last Saturday.

Was disappointed but not surprized by the result, as a few have said this has been coming for a few weeks. Was not there but was checking the live text and noticed twice it said Peterhead corner followed by Goal Berwick this has been happening all season we are at our most vulnerable when attacking with a corner at the other end of the park. Notice for the first goal when Berwick broke one of our players trotted on behind the Berwick boy for the length of the park before watching him score. We have too many players who think they have been there & done that so it lets them off getting involved in the not so nice parts of the game. Have said the only time I have seen us play well & work hard this season was the earlier game at Berwick but have in the main just been getting by. Berwick seemed to get the ball forward much quicker, the last time there they were faffing about at the back & struggled to get out of their own half, not so by the look of last night. We need to get over it quickly having turned down the chance to make things comfortable its now time to start again.

11 hours ago, A Believer said:

Jesus, even on the rare event you're being positive you talk pish.

May have got a bit carried away and forgot Albion have a game in hand against cowden, but if they fail to win that I can guarantee that’s our league status secured for another season, so basically that 3 points has secured it. 

Fair play to the Peterhead fans in here, ugly result for you last night but very reasonable responses now. All the best for the rest of the season.

As for us, I really hope this turns over a new leaf. For a while now I've spoken of wanting to get 26 points to avoid being the single worst 9th placed team in League 2 history, after last night there's a spark of renewed hope for that. Big game versus Stirling on Saturday now, hope McIlduff will be ready to go again by then.

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:
2 hours ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:
Well done Berwick.
I notice Rory wasnt in the squad.
Doesn't travel well.
If at all.
I think every Bluetoon supporter on here knew there was a result like this waiting to happen. Cant afford any more.

I think it's that his wife was/is due to give birth. Mcinally said he would've missed the original fixture date, last Saturday.

Fair enough.

But,

He does have Baino- ish tendencies to away games midweek.

Only my opinion.

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

Fair play to the Peterhead fans in here, ugly result for you last night but very reasonable responses now. All the best for the rest of the season.

As for us, I really hope this turns over a new leaf. For a while now I've spoken of wanting to get 26 points to avoid being the single worst 9th placed team in League 2 history, after last night there's a spark of renewed hope for that. Big game versus Stirling on Saturday now, hope McIlduff will be ready to go again by then.

I think you'll find that were less tribalistic than some supporters of long standing league clubs.

The HFL was more friendly due to the supporters not hating one another.

Except the broch.

Hate the broch!

Archived