Sign in to follow this  
an86

QP v Elgin

Tails back up. A couple of goals for our more attack minded players during the week. Hopefully confidence is high. Home win. 

It was just a few weeks ago we ran Elgin ragged for 80 minutes but with our fragile defence 10 minutes was enough to dull the homeward journey. Still, very positive from Tuesday and I expect to see shots raining in from the get-go.  The pitch should be in good nick too. 

2-0 to The QP.

Hard one to call this.  QP at home is easily our worst performance of the last couple of months and we still managed to nick a draw. If we can keep the goals against down I fancy us for a win 2-1 or 3-1. 

9 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

That's kind but we'll never catch up with Partick Thistle.

It's them who have some catching up to do on the trophy count.

I'm trying to find positives about such a pishy day, but it might be not bad for zipping the ball around today. 

Very much looking forward to heartily laughing at this statement after the game. 

Looking forward to it. I see a 3 goal home win. Their big chunky guys at the back mifht struggle. Moore to start surely.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Looking forward to it. I see a 3 goal home win. Their big chunky guys at the back mifht struggle. Moore to start surely.

Definitely. Actually didn't realise how far Lochgilphead was until someone was mentioning it on the other thread. Four hour round trips for training, reserve games and sometimes just to sit on the bench is unbelievable commitment.

I know there isn't exactly a local team for him, but that's the sort of thing that makes you really want a player to make it. 

Definitely. Actually didn't realise how far Lochgilphead was until someone was mentioning it on the other thread. Four hour round trips for training, reserve games and sometimes just to sit on the bench is unbelievable commitment.
I know there isn't exactly a local team for him, but that's the sort of thing that makes you really want a player to make it. 

Especially when his main replacement is a self-centred has-been who’s playing for fun. It’s paradoxical to see Mark write about the structure of the club, the youth are our future etc and then plays Alan Gow.

16 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Especially when his main replacement is a self-centred has-been who’s playing for fun. It’s paradoxical to see Mark write about the structure of the club, the youth are our future etc and then plays Alan Gow.

Don't necessarily agree with your description of Gow, but do agree with you that he shouldn't be in the side. I've no issue with playing experienced players if they're better than young players, but he literally can't run. 

Big chunky guys at the back? You sure your thinking about Elgin?
Chunkier than ours anyway!

4.1 up after 73 minutes with Galt scoring 3. Superb. If only the season lasted another 6 months.

Hugely enjoyable afternoon. Galt is just an absolute class apart. A guy who will turn defeats into draws and draws into wins. We could have had a couple more, but there never be a grumble from me after a 4-1 win. 

Galt, Moore, Roberts and McLean all absolutely outstanding. Everything clicked in attack today and everyone looked up for it right from the first minute. Some very winnable fixtures over the next month, so hopefully we can have a strong end to the season 

With a bit of luck it could have been another Berwick. Elgin goalie worst I have seen in this league since Hurst scored an own goal against us three seasons ago.