QP v Elgin

That highlight pack was an enjoyable watch, thank you to the Queen's Park media team who put it together.  The third QP goal was a delightful team goal, great bit of skill from the player, I think it was number 8 , on the right hand side to work it into the box and then good vision from number 7 to find Galt open for a good finish

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Ault Git says our defending has been very poor. This game summed it up, tackles missed, players ball watching and not tracking runners, poor goalkeeping. As we have signed up most of the same defenders for next season, is it going to be more of the same or a change in philosophy of the way the whole team is set up and plays? Jury’s out on Gavin as he has had all season to sort the defence, he seems to think we can score more than our opponents do?

Galt obviously MOTM for his hat trick but Kurtis Roberts a close second for me. Outstanding play for Galt's second, and absolutely tireless all game. Would be surprised if he's still with us next season 

4 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Galt obviously MOTM for his hat trick but Kurtis Roberts a close second for me. Outstanding play for Galt's second, and absolutely tireless all game. Would be surprised if he's still with us next season 

I'm sure most will be drawn to Davie for PotY but I had a look at games played etc and Kurty's missed one game due to Gerry's violent conduct (surprised he never got a red card) and he's never been below very good. Days like Saturday he's dynamite.  And has there ever been a player in Scotland to get two GotM nominations in one month. 

1 minute ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I'm sure most will be drawn to Davie for PotY 

His first game was 19 January.  I know the season hasn't been great but has it been that bad? I'm with you, Kurtis for me

7 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

When everything clicks for Roberts, he's a cracking player. Great dribbler and ball carrier and as we've seen, he's got an eye for goal. Think another season with us would do him a lot of good

I've been critical of Gow recently, and I'll admit to being disappointed when I saw him getting ready to come on rather that East, but credit where its due (I.e. to both Gow and the gaffer) you could see he was trying to help out the two young subs and talk them through it, particularly at a corner towards the end (which admittedly, didnt quite work out as he planed). Many of us have said that we wouldn't have Gow play again this season, but if he can be brought on to help out the younger guys every now and then, perhaps there's a use for him yet. I hope he is sharing his experience with the others in training too. As we've said before, that is surely the reason Roberts has brought him in.

On 19/03/2019 at 20:31, Ben Reilly said:

I've been critical of Gow recently, and I'll admit to being disappointed when I saw him getting ready to come on rather that East, but credit where its due (I.e. to both Gow and the gaffer) you could see he was trying to help out the two young subs and talk them through it, particularly at a corner towards the end (which admittedly, didnt quite work out as he planed). Many of us have said that we wouldn't have Gow play again this season, but if he can be brought on to help out the younger guys every now and then, perhaps there's a use for him yet. I hope he is sharing his experience with the others in training too. As we've said before, that is surely the reason Roberts has brought him in.

Like you I was disappointed to see Gow coming on instead of East. I believe for the future East would have been the better choice. However Gow was indeed very positive in encouraging and supporting the young lads up front and as ever had some nice touches. I also noticed him teaching how to kick a drop lob over the goalkeeper during the warm up. I would suggest that rather than doing this during a game (we won't have the luxury of a 4-1 lead very often). I wonder if he is being considered for an assistant coaching role for next season. This, perhaps, could be of great benefit going forward.

Like you I was disappointed to see Gow coming on instead of East. I believe for the future East would have been the better choice. However Gow was indeed very positive in encouraging and supporting the young lads up front and as ever had some nice touches. I also noticed him teaching how to kick a drop lob over the goalkeeper during the warm up. I would suggest that rather than doing this during a game (we won't have the luxury of a 4-1 lead very often). I wonder if he is being considered for an assistant coaching role for next season. This, perhaps, could be of great benefit going forward.
I hadn't thought of the possibility of him joining the coaching team. I could certainly see the advantages to that. Out of interest, does Gow have a previous link to Mark Roberts? Have they been at a club together before now?

46 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:
4 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

I hadn't thought of the possibility of him joining the coaching team. I could certainly see the advantages to that. Out of interest, does Gow have a previous link to Mark Roberts? Have they been at a club together before now?

They were both at Airdrie (United) at the same time.

On 19/03/2019 at 19:45, qpfc said:

When everything clicks for Roberts, he's a cracking player. Great dribbler and ball carrier and as we've seen, he's got an eye for goal. Think another season with us would do him a lot of good

Roberts is a good choice for POY, he has grown through the season as has McLean in his new role YPOY tough one McGrory, Moore, Grant all played their part 

Archived