Stenny v Stranraer

Big game for both and with home advantage Stenny will be slight favourites.The blues quite like  travelling to Stenhousemuir these days and probably one of our best performances was there in November with quite a comfortable victory.Seemingly Stenny done okay in the transfer window,but ourselves signed Ali McCann from St Johnstone and looked to be getting the hang of things last week against East Fife and could well be a massive signing in the next couple of months.Going for a 2_0 for the 3rd time against Stenny  this season and super kid Kyle Turner with at least one.btw listen to the excellent Stranraer FC podcast It's no easy where a  preview of the game on Saturday takes place,although FF might not want to hear a slight criticism of View from the Terrace,a great programme but that talk about Albion Rovers got the thumbs down,sorry mate.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Car54whereareyou" - thank you; your comments have been noted.

As for the game itself: if we win, we give ourselves a massive chance of avoiding relegation; anything else won't be good enough, not at this stage. We're running out of time and we have to make the most of these encounters with the teams around us.

We're playing quite well at the moment with three wins, three draws and one defeat in our last seven matches, our best run of the season so far. Andy Munro and David Marsh have made us a far sturdier team while Greg Hurst has brought a bit of spark to the forward line and taken some of the burden off Mark McGuigan - the pair of them seem to be working well together, as evidenced by their combination for our goal at Bayview on Tuesday.

I don't know how we're looking at in terms of availability but I think we'll go with:

- McGuigan - Hurst -

- Gibbons - Ferry - McBrearty -

- Cook - Munro - Neill - Marsh - Reid -

- Smith -

I'm going with a narrow win for the home side. I look forward to seeing you all there.

Your line up matches mine. Hopefully McBrearty is fit - he has been so good in midfield - and Hurst will have shaken off the knock from Tuesday. Another player who has been excellent since he arrived. It is amazing what a little bit of confidence does to a team. 

2 hours ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Big game for both and with home advantage Stenny will be slight favourites.The blues quite like  travelling to Stenhousemuir these days and probably one of our best performances was there in November with quite a comfortable victory.Seemingly Stenny done okay in the transfer window,but ourselves signed Ali McCann from St Johnstone and looked to be getting the hang of things last week against East Fife and could well be a massive signing in the next couple of months.Going for a 2_0 for the 3rd time against Stenny  this season and super kid Kyle Turner with at least one.btw listen to the excellent Stranraer FC podcast It's no easy where a  preview of the game on Saturday takes place,although FF might not want to hear a slight criticism of View from the Terrace,a great programme but that talk about Albion Rovers got the thumbs down,sorry mate.

Didn't think the podcast was "excellent" - sorry. I switched it off after 20 minutes of non  stop moaning about referees. Couldn't take any more when they started talking about referees who apparently don't know the rules. 

55 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

Didn't think the podcast was "excellent" - sorry. I switched it off after 20 minutes of non  stop moaning about referees. Couldn't take any more when they started talking about referees who apparently don't know the rules. 

I think if you had the decisions we have had lately the it could have been 3 hours moaning,and please no cliche 'it evens itself out'as Stranraer fans are fed up listening to that one,a load of nonsense.I didn't expect you to listen to that as that is relevant to Stranraer,so I take it you didn't make the Stenny review,what a shame,.Most of the Stranraer fans think its a breath of fresh air and usually refs are given a small mention, the  podcast is hitting an average of over 200 fans every week so it's doing something right,but all to their own.

I'm sure that Stranraer fans do like it - I would appreciate something similar for Stenhousemuir. However, every single team could fill a podcast, particularly those at the bottom of the league, about decisions that have not gone their way. It isn't a Stranraer only phenomenon I'm afraid. I found it tedious.

And the bit about how the Stranraer team are paragons of virtue who don't "cheat" by claiming for corners that aren't corners. And by the same token, I presume, they don't claim for throw ins that aren't throw ins. A little bit of rational objectivity wouldn't go amiss, in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, beaver1 said:

I'm sure that Stranraer fans do like it - I would appreciate something similar for Stenhousemuir. However, every single team could fill a podcast, particularly those at the bottom of the league, about decisions that have not gone their way. It isn't a Stranraer only phenomenon I'm afraid. I found it tedious.

And the bit about how the Stranraer team are paragons of virtue who don't "cheat" by claiming for corners that aren't corners. And by the same token, I presume, they don't claim for throw ins that aren't throw ins. A little bit of rational objectivity wouldn't go amiss, in my opinion. 

As I say usually it's a small part of the programme that gets dedicated to the Ref.

4 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

"Car54whereareyou" - thank you; your comments have been noted.

As for the game itself: if we win, we give ourselves a massive chance of avoiding relegation; anything else won't be good enough, not at this stage. We're running out of time and we have to make the most of these encounters with the teams around us.

We're playing quite well at the moment with three wins, three draws and one defeat in our last seven matches, our best run of the season so far. Andy Munro and David Marsh have made us a far sturdier team while Greg Hurst has brought a bit of spark to the forward line and taken some of the burden off Mark McGuigan - the pair of them seem to be working well together, as evidenced by their combination for our goal at Bayview on Tuesday.

I don't know how we're looking at in terms of availability but I think we'll go with:

- McGuigan - Hurst -

- Gibbons - Ferry - McBrearty -

- Cook - Munro - Neill - Marsh - Reid -

- Smith -

I'm going with a narrow win for the home side. I look forward to seeing you all there.

Couldn't argue with that team but would have Duthie ahead of Reid. He was outstanding against East Fife and with us having three protectors in midfield essentially we really do need that bit more from the wing backs than Reid can offer.

Reid was solid midweek at right centre back but we have no time for sentiment. Neill is a better centre half and Duthie better at right wing back. 

I feel we are playing with a lot of belief and confidence at the minute and will get the job done. I haven't contemplated defeat in all honesty. We have just went away from home and bossed two of the better teams in the league and I fancy us for a 3-1 win here.

Hurst and Mr Goals with a brace each. What a partnership thurds are. Neither will be here next season so let's enjoy them while we can.

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

the better teams in the league and I fancy us for a 3-1 win here.

Hurst and Mr Goals with a brace each. What a partnership thurds are. Neither will be here next season so let's enjoy them while we

Excellent,a brace each for a 3 -1 victory,good to see Stenny supporters are Carol Vorderman in waiting:whistle

19 minutes ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Excellent,a brace each for a 3 -1 victory,good to see Stenny supporters are Carol Vorderman in waiting:whistle

15 years later and two footed tackles are still being committed.

SCENES!

Can’t blame the refs for our disastrous season , take your pick from players ,manager or committees financial failings a while back that lost us our best players . I have very little confidence in the current squad , not just the lack of skill but there is little or no fight , no playing as a unit but 11 individuals that look like they’ve never played together . I’ve watched some of the worst games ever this season BUT I still think there is a chance to avoid the drop as at times for short periods they can produce some decent football but with confidence that low it only takes the loss of a goal and the heads go down .

We must beat Stenny , quite simple , I don’t think a draw is good enough as Stenny are hitting decent form and more likely to pick up points in the run in that us whose form must be near the poorest in the league , so win on Saturday and that might give the team the boost they need , lose and i think it could be too big a task to survive .

15 years later and two footed tackles are still being committed.
SCENES!

Once again you raise committee financial failings. I asked you to explain this on 24th January on another thread but I’m still waiting.
Very serious allegation potentially.
I’m now wondering what information or knowledge you have that you seem unwilling to share. Are you complicit in this financial failing?
All a bit suspicious that you only appear to give out negativity and criticism?

I am very keen to explore and resolve these financial concerns / allegations. Will you meet up and discuss?

3 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Can’t blame the refs for our disastrous season , take your pick from players ,manager or committees financial failings a while back that lost us our best players . I have very little confidence in the current squad , not just the lack of skill but there is little or no fight , no playing as a unit but 11 individuals that look like they’ve never played together . I’ve watched some of the worst games ever this season BUT I still think there is a chance to avoid the drop as at times for short periods they can produce some decent football but with confidence that low it only takes the loss of a goal and the heads go down .

We must beat Stenny , quite simple , I don’t think a draw is good enough as Stenny are hitting decent form and more likely to pick up points in the run in that us whose form must be near the poorest in the league , so win on Saturday and that might give the team the boost they need , lose and i think it could be too big a task to survive .

We must have been watching different teams.  There have been some real fights to the wire in some away games this season, with no heads down even when going behind.  I don't think we see the best of the team at home and wonder if the negativity that's prevalent (especially in the gate size) has something to do with morale.  At least the team know that the 30-odd people who've travelled to Brechin, say, are well behind them.

5 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Once again you raise committee financial failings. I asked you to explain this on 24th January on another thread but I’m still waiting.
Very serious allegation potentially.
I’m now wondering what information or knowledge you have that you seem unwilling to share. Are you complicit in this financial failing?
All a bit suspicious that you only appear to give out negativity and criticism?

I am very keen to explore and resolve these financial concerns / allegations. Will you meet up and discuss?

Shat masel' there no gonny lie.

15 hours ago, Neilly said:

Couldn't argue with that team but would have Duthie ahead of Reid. He was outstanding against East Fife and with us having three protectors in midfield essentially we really do need that bit more from the wing backs than Reid can offer.

Reid was solid midweek at right centre back but we have no time for sentiment. Neill is a better centre half and Duthie better at right wing back. 

I feel we are playing with a lot of belief and confidence at the minute and will get the job done. I haven't contemplated defeat in all honesty. We have just went away from home and bossed two of the better teams in the league and I fancy us for a 3-1 win here.

Hurst and Mr Goals with a brace each. What a partnership thurds are. Neither will be here next season so let's enjoy them while we can.

Very confident post Neilly against a team who have won 7 points in 3 games against yourselves and 2 very comfortable victories included in that.I take Mr Goals is Mark McGuigan,3 goals in this calender year suggests otherwise.

Archived