Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Kazakhstan V Scotland

Yes, I caught a bit of OTB yesterday and heard that!
Broon seems a nice enough guy, but f**k me, horrendous/auld SFA mentality shone right through. He then went on to say ''Celtic beat them 5-0 in Glasgow'' What good does that do? If Russia or even Cyprus take 4/6 pts from them. He then went on about Kazakhstan and Norway having first class pitches and facilities, I did like Cosgrove's wee ''Aye, oil rich independent countries, eh?"
He even seemed to suggest that the preparations for the Israel (a) game were too short ; yet maybe I heard wrong - as was half-busy - did he not say something along the lines of Scotland maybe went too early to Kazakhstan!
Willie Miller was another havering utter pish on the Radio Scotland podcast/show after the game. Nice guys, I'm sure ; but these guys are 20-30 years out of football. They're basically Yer Da when it comes to the modern game, and should be called out on some of the amount of shite they patter on.
The sad reality is, anything other than a win today and McLeish is gone. I think we'll win, as bad as losing in Kazakhstan are  - they do have professional players, Champions/Europa League players - San Marino are part-timers and probably the worst team in UEFA.  So, we'll most likely win, might even rack up a few goals and it'll be ''He deserves another chance. There's 8 games left for us. We've still got Russia twice etc''
We'll the maybe fluke a 2-1 over Cypurs, then get papped by Belgium a few days later.
I see Panucci was sacked as Albania coach after their 2-0 home defeat to Turkey. Obviously they had a shite NL campaign and never seen the game, but obviously that was enough for them. Done, gone.

They are, officially, the worst team in the FIFA rankings never mind UEFA. They will get nil, let's just hope we do not do the same. Usually I would not countenance that but right now, who knows?

22 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
27 minutes ago, Kejan said:
Yes, I caught a bit of OTB yesterday and heard that!
Broon seems a nice enough guy, but f**k me, horrendous/auld SFA mentality shone right through. He then went on to say ''Celtic beat them 5-0 in Glasgow'' What good does that do? If Russia or even Cyprus take 4/6 pts from them. He then went on about Kazakhstan and Norway having first class pitches and facilities, I did like Cosgrove's wee ''Aye, oil rich independent countries, eh?"
He even seemed to suggest that the preparations for the Israel (a) game were too short ; yet maybe I heard wrong - as was half-busy - did he not say something along the lines of Scotland maybe went too early to Kazakhstan! emoji38.png
Willie Miller was another havering utter pish on the Radio Scotland podcast/show after the game. Nice guys, I'm sure ; but these guys are 20-30 years out of football. They're basically Yer Da when it comes to the modern game, and should be called out on some of the amount of shite they patter on.
The sad reality is, anything other than a win today and McLeish is gone. I think we'll win, as bad as losing in Kazakhstan are  - they do have professional players, Champions/Europa League players - San Marino are part-timers and probably the worst team in UEFA.  So, we'll most likely win, might even rack up a few goals and it'll be ''He deserves another chance. There's 8 games left for us. We've still got Russia twice etc''
We'll the maybe fluke a 2-1 over Cypurs, then get papped by Belgium a few days later.
I see Panucci was sacked as Albania coach after their 2-0 home defeat to Turkey. Obviously they had a shite NL campaign and never seen the game, but obviously that was enough for them. Done, gone.

They are, officially, the worst team in the FIFA rankings never mind UEFA. They will get nil, let's just hope we do not do the same. Usually I would not countenance that but right now, who knows?

I can't see it, but us getting nil is precisely what I want to see.

Otherwise, we'll probably muddle on with this ridiculous coaching team.

3 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Yeah Craig Brown comes out with some piss poor arguments all the time* and I think those in the studio with him respect him too much to show him up.

*Claimed he did bring youth through, the best example being Mark burchill

hit-the-nail-on-the-head-gif.gif

8 minutes ago, boomboomyards said:

Russia leading 1 nil.

Took Russia at 3/4, which sounds generous.

7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

hit-the-nail-on-the-head-gif.gif

I couldn't bear to listen to OTB yesterday as you just knew Mr Nice Guy Brown would support McLeish and back his leadership up with meaningless stats.

Likewise I know that Cosgrove would come out with his usual tedious anti-English Championship rant, probably mentioning that NI field a number of players from Scotland outside Celtic & Rangers.  And failing of course to mention the large amount of Championship players who have helped them do well in recent years.

A man who has claimed in recent years that Stevie May and Michael O'Halleron are much superior to any English Championship players is a man I have no interest in listening to.

Brown was also saying Kazak football was on the up.   Kazakhstan 0 - 4 Russia.  Aye nae bother Craig.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

Brown was also saying Kazak football was on the up.   Kazakhstan 0 - 4 Russia.  Aye nae bother Craig.

Tbf he wasn't alone in peddling that for the few days it had feasible currency. Sportsound yesterday afternoon spent a while with Willie Miller, Billy Dodds, Liam McLeod, Richard Gordon etc. saying the 3-0 defeat on Thursday would have a different complexion if they did the same to the Russians and that could "give heart" to McLeish and the squad. We won't hear of it again now.

The first two goals were very good goals, and you can't take that away from them. In that respect they had a dream start.

So many times you hear the phrase 'that's a bit of a warning for (insert heavy favourites)' - but instead they scored two very good goals (albeit helped with atrocious defending).

The big problem for me is that we didn't lay a glove on them after that. Whether or not their team is on the up is difficult to judge based on two games - but they certainly had enough quality to punish us for our errors.

Must admit I am one of the posters with egg on my face re the Russia result today.

Thought they could well drop a couple of points there, or at best a squeaky one goal win.

Must have been some imperial subservience from the otherwise rapidly improving Kazakhs.

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Must admit I am one of the posters with egg on my face re the Russia result today.

Thought they could well drop a couple of points there, or at best a squeaky one goal win.

Must have been some imperial subservience from the otherwise rapidly improving Kazakhs.

Could be.

Maybe they are just pish though.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

The first two goals were very good goals, and you can't take that away from them. In that respect they had a dream start.

So many times you hear the phrase 'that's a bit of a warning for (insert heavy favourites)' - but instead they scored two very good goals (albeit helped with atrocious defending).

The big problem for me is that we didn't lay a glove on them after that. Whether or not their team is on the up is difficult to judge based on two games - but they certainly had enough quality to punish us for our errors.

Part of what's got me is that the two early goals are being discussed by some as Acts of God, that we then struggled to respond to.  

The fact is that we managed to concede both in open play, and they weren't out of keeping with the entire match.  

The Russian result today provides some context as to just how dreadful what we did, was.

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Part of what's got me is that the two early goals are being discussed by some as Acts of God, that we then struggled to respond to. 

McLeish called them ‘blockbusters’. It was two through balls. 

Fair enough the first ended with a good strike but hardly 40 yarders out of nowhere.

10 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

McLeish called them ‘blockbusters’. It was two through balls. 

Fair enough the first ended with a good strike but hardly 40 yarders out of nowhere.

Craig Brown is still saying that the pass for second was amazing and that if Messi did it folk would be going mental to gush over it. 

It was a decent pass but it wouldn't be out of place in the Scottish Championship.

On 24/03/2019 at 15:53, dirty dingus said:

Compared to Scotland, it is.

I always had the fear about the Kazakhstan away game from the draw. Only need to look at the results between the club teams - Celtic got through both times, but were beaten in the games over there, while Aberdeen lost (narrowly) to Kairat.

I didn't have the fear until I seen the lineup, and then I kinda figured they'd have the keys to the kingdom, although I didn't expect them to expose it as quickly and as efficiently as they did.