Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Kazakhstan V Scotland

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Yeah Craig Brown comes out with some piss poor arguments all the time* and I think those in the studio with him respect him too much to show him up.

*Claimed he did bring youth through, the best example being Mark burchill

hit-the-nail-on-the-head-gif.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

hit-the-nail-on-the-head-gif.gif

I couldn't bear to listen to OTB yesterday as you just knew Mr Nice Guy Brown would support McLeish and back his leadership up with meaningless stats.

Likewise I know that Cosgrove would come out with his usual tedious anti-English Championship rant, probably mentioning that NI field a number of players from Scotland outside Celtic & Rangers.  And failing of course to mention the large amount of Championship players who have helped them do well in recent years.

A man who has claimed in recent years that Stevie May and Michael O'Halleron are much superior to any English Championship players is a man I have no interest in listening to.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

Brown was also saying Kazak football was on the up.   Kazakhstan 0 - 4 Russia.  Aye nae bother Craig.

Tbf he wasn't alone in peddling that for the few days it had feasible currency. Sportsound yesterday afternoon spent a while with Willie Miller, Billy Dodds, Liam McLeod, Richard Gordon etc. saying the 3-0 defeat on Thursday would have a different complexion if they did the same to the Russians and that could "give heart" to McLeish and the squad. We won't hear of it again now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brown was also saying Kazak football was on the up.   Kazakhstan 0 - 4 Russia.  Aye nae bother Craig.
The first two goals were very good goals, and you can't take that away from them. In that respect they had a dream start.

So many times you hear the phrase 'that's a bit of a warning for (insert heavy favourites)' - but instead they scored two very good goals (albeit helped with atrocious defending).

The big problem for me is that we didn't lay a glove on them after that. Whether or not their team is on the up is difficult to judge based on two games - but they certainly had enough quality to punish us for our errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must admit I am one of the posters with egg on my face re the Russia result today.

Thought they could well drop a couple of points there, or at best a squeaky one goal win.

Must have been some imperial subservience from the otherwise rapidly improving Kazakhs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Must admit I am one of the posters with egg on my face re the Russia result today.

Thought they could well drop a couple of points there, or at best a squeaky one goal win.

Must have been some imperial subservience from the otherwise rapidly improving Kazakhs.

Could be.

Maybe they are just pish though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

The first two goals were very good goals, and you can't take that away from them. In that respect they had a dream start.

So many times you hear the phrase 'that's a bit of a warning for (insert heavy favourites)' - but instead they scored two very good goals (albeit helped with atrocious defending).

The big problem for me is that we didn't lay a glove on them after that. Whether or not their team is on the up is difficult to judge based on two games - but they certainly had enough quality to punish us for our errors.

Part of what's got me is that the two early goals are being discussed by some as Acts of God, that we then struggled to respond to.  

The fact is that we managed to concede both in open play, and they weren't out of keeping with the entire match.  

The Russian result today provides some context as to just how dreadful what we did, was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Part of what's got me is that the two early goals are being discussed by some as Acts of God, that we then struggled to respond to. 

McLeish called them ‘blockbusters’. It was two through balls. 

Fair enough the first ended with a good strike but hardly 40 yarders out of nowhere.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

McLeish called them ‘blockbusters’. It was two through balls. 

Fair enough the first ended with a good strike but hardly 40 yarders out of nowhere.

 

 

Craig Brown is still saying that the pass for second was amazing and that if Messi did it folk would be going mental to gush over it. 

It was a decent pass but it wouldn't be out of place in the Scottish Championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/03/2019 at 15:53, dirty dingus said:

Brown was also saying Kazak football was on the up.   Kazakhstan 0 - 4 Russia.  Aye nae bother Craig.

Compared to Scotland, it is.

I always had the fear about the Kazakhstan away game from the draw. Only need to look at the results between the club teams - Celtic got through both times, but were beaten in the games over there, while Aberdeen lost (narrowly) to Kairat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't have the fear until I seen the lineup, and then I kinda figured they'd have the keys to the kingdom, although I didn't expect them to expose it as quickly and as efficiently as they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...