Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

And to think, most players can only dream of letting their country down in embarrassing fashion in Central Asia once.

Shinnie.thumb.png.669cafae29bcc6298a66aaa6805d2aa6.png

Graeme Shinnie has managed it twice before reaching the age of 28.  M8.png.60110196cb46a561c3a0e6531d7774a1.png

Spoiler

Diddy.

Spoiler

Ban all Aberdeen players from ever representing Scotland again.

Spoiler

Sheep.thumb.png.b13898bb1e8444c3062b4b00c1fa02ae.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Burke is absolutely dreadful up front, I've seen four, maybe five, Celtic matches with him there and he contributes nothing other than pace on a counter, his "build up play" is laughable.

Burke had the beating of their RB through raw pace.  It was our one source of penetration, then McLeish moved him centrally!    

FWIW England have had 6 players pull out their squad for this round of fixtures too, so it's not as if it's only a Scottish thing.

Just now, Billy Rubin said:

Burke had the beating of their RB through raw pace.  It was our one source of penetration, then McLeish moved him centrally!    

Aye, but Celtic play him centrally, so even if it makes literally no sense, McLeish has to do it too.

1 minute ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Reappointing Strachan shortly after having let him go would be an extraordinary act of shameless incompetence from an organisation that is notorious for it.

True but he'd be better than hasbeen jakey Big Eck.

I've not seen anything off it, however I have been through all kinds of horror shows from Scotland over the decades. Just how bad was it.
I didnt see it either but i'm going to hazard a guess and say it was cunting abysmal

This has been brutal. Pass marks to Bates and possibly McGinn but apart from that an absolute embarrassment.

McLeish is absolutely clueless.

It’s a sad state of affairs when your managerial credentials are decided by if your mates with the people in charge of the selection process
Bates also got shoved out to right back in the first Half. Never has been a right back in his footballing days yet that's where he spent most the game. Mcleish is clueless.

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

McBurnie has now played 354 minutes for the national side.

He has 0 goals, 0 assists and 1 shot on target in that time.

He is nowhere near good enough.

He has been fucking awful every time I've seen him play for Scotland. Strachan praising him tells you everything you need to know. Why the f**k McLeish moved him out wide is beyond me as well.

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:
3 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:
Like it or not McBurnie isn't in the top 20 Scottish number 9s  

No sensible manager would have played him tonight.  

I agree he's not in the top 20. Which of the available strikers tonight is?

Listen I fully understand we're light on forwards.   From the squad selected McBurnie would have been my last choice.   Even our retired assistant manager ( Faddy ) would have been a better option.  

You've made the case for his inclusion.   What did you see tonight which makes me think he's an option going forward?   

9 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

McLeish has to go but a return for Strachan is definitely not the answer, I really hope this article is just a lazy list of candidates cobbled together as there has to be better options out there.

Unfortunately I would not be surprised if the SFA decided to reappoint Strachan.

Daily Record...lazy list of candidates...surely not.

Ferguson...Smith...Docherty...McLeod!

Not sure why McKenna's getting a hard time, other than because he's a non-OF player who's valued at more than £50. He and Bates were were the least of our worries.
We would've defos got pumped anyway, but I think their first goal was offside.

A good start to the campaign, with a solid defensive performance, a clean sheet, and 3 decent goals against usually tricky opposition. Hopes should be high for the rest of the campaign after that.

What do you mean we were the team in blue?

10 hours ago, Desp said:

That would be some sell. 

"Here random English fella.  You fancy flying out to Kazakhstan for a wee game?  The chances are you'll never play for Scotland again as we have many, many left backs that are much better than you, but we're stuck for this one qualifying game".

Calm doon.  Shinnie at left-back will be absolutely fine.

I've had a few bads ones in my time, but this may be the worst post I've ever made on P&B. 

My apologies to the nation! 

McLeish Out. 

Yup, the full backs and the defensive midfield were the issue, as well as shape and tracking your man, both of which we were shite at.

Also the goalkeeping, passing, shooting and general composure wasn’t so hot.

Archived