Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Kazakhstan V Scotland

McLeish is done. The SFA could do alot worse than appoint Steve Clarke.

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
9 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
Kazakhstan is landlocked, unlucky

Aye - keep forgetting that the Aral Sea is no more . . .

We could always fling him from the plane on the way back

2 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

To be fair with this threadbare squad packed full of mediocrity why on earth should we expect to turn up and win this match?

We absolutely should be competitive though, there's no excuses for this. Utterly shite!

Let's not start that nonsense. Just because McLeish is a disaster doesn't mean Strachan was the answer.

Can you not see the difference in level of performance? Style of play? Level of commitment to the national team, tactics?

Just now, Estragon said:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really looking forward to the immediate turnaround in our fortunes that'll come as soon as we sack the manager....

Is your suggestion that we wouldn't improve with anyone but the shambling jakey?

This just isn't accurate at all. tim.png.4ea88a84a76e7b4e0436e366ac9fbaf4.png 
Kazakhstan's record has been awful, because they're not a good side. There's no superiority complex about it. A third seed side should not be losing 3-0 away at the fifth seed side. It's a simple as that. You can dress it up as a superiority complex if you want, but it's pish.
They are the diddies they used to be and they will not take any points from Russia or Belgium, you can take that to the bank.

This is right. This is not where Scotland currently are. This is not their current level. It’s an abject performance for which McLeish needs to go.

3 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Think we have learnt that English premier league players are much better than Scottish premiership, guys we used to have like Hutton, MacArthur, Morrison (Whittaker in his Norwich days). People saying guys like Jason Kerr etc are morons. People over the years who have said that we should be playing guys in the middle of the Scottish Premiership are just so far off the mark.

How did those players get on qualifying for tournaments?

8 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Is it an overreaction to consider changing nationality? :( 

I already did!

A couple of things. All three subs should have been on at half time. What has John McGinn done in this game. Supposed to be a star and a stand out, and he’s been anonymous. Coward.

Just now, Killie87 said:

lichtenstein at home, we scored with the last kick of of the ball to get a draw.

this tops it by a mile.

Was that not to win? I remember watching it in Tenerife. Mcmanus.

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

He was pish for scotland

He'd be one the best players in the current squad.

Struggling to think of better Aberdeen players in a Scotland team since, apart from Duncan Shearer.

I’m actually glad I watched this , so I can say I saw the worst ever performance from a Scottish football team

Until Sunday 

3 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Think we have learnt that English premier league players are much better than Scottish premiership, guys we used to have like Hutton, MacArthur, Morrison (Whittaker in his Norwich days). People saying guys like Jason Kerr etc are morons. People over the years who have said that we should be playing guys in the middle of the Scottish Premiership are just so far off the mark.

By the same token we've had squads full of English Championship players "valued" in the £8 million + range and they all look absolutely shocking. We've also had Tom Cairney who's allegedly a £20 million player and again he looks like a dumplin.

4 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Let's not start that nonsense. Just because McLeish is a disaster doesn't mean Strachan was the answer.

This.

1 minute ago, Killie87 said:

lichtenstein at home, we scored with the last kick of of the ball to get a draw.

this tops it by a mile.

Actually that was a winner.

1 minute ago, skippy2015 said:

Can you not see the difference in level of performance? Style of play? Level of commitment to the national team, tactics?

Yes, we were better under Strachan, but still not good enough. We were going nowhere and doing nothing under him. It was absolutely the correct choice to replace him. Sadly the choice of replacement has been horrendous.