Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Must admit I am one of the posters with egg on my face re the Russia result today.

Thought they could well drop a couple of points there, or at best a squeaky one goal win.

Must have been some imperial subservience from the otherwise rapidly improving Kazakhs.

Could be.

Maybe they are just pish though.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

The first two goals were very good goals, and you can't take that away from them. In that respect they had a dream start.

So many times you hear the phrase 'that's a bit of a warning for (insert heavy favourites)' - but instead they scored two very good goals (albeit helped with atrocious defending).

The big problem for me is that we didn't lay a glove on them after that. Whether or not their team is on the up is difficult to judge based on two games - but they certainly had enough quality to punish us for our errors.

Part of what's got me is that the two early goals are being discussed by some as Acts of God, that we then struggled to respond to.  

The fact is that we managed to concede both in open play, and they weren't out of keeping with the entire match.  

The Russian result today provides some context as to just how dreadful what we did, was.

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Part of what's got me is that the two early goals are being discussed by some as Acts of God, that we then struggled to respond to. 

McLeish called them ‘blockbusters’. It was two through balls. 

Fair enough the first ended with a good strike but hardly 40 yarders out of nowhere.

10 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

McLeish called them ‘blockbusters’. It was two through balls. 

Fair enough the first ended with a good strike but hardly 40 yarders out of nowhere.

Craig Brown is still saying that the pass for second was amazing and that if Messi did it folk would be going mental to gush over it. 

It was a decent pass but it wouldn't be out of place in the Scottish Championship.

On 24/03/2019 at 15:53, dirty dingus said:

Brown was also saying Kazak football was on the up.   Kazakhstan 0 - 4 Russia.  Aye nae bother Craig.

Compared to Scotland, it is.

I always had the fear about the Kazakhstan away game from the draw. Only need to look at the results between the club teams - Celtic got through both times, but were beaten in the games over there, while Aberdeen lost (narrowly) to Kairat.

Archived