Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Not by a long shot, I'd put Shinnies performance up there as the worst I've seen from a Scottish national team player in the past decade, you're making tenious links blaming Bain for the goals, if Shinnie does his job half adequately then he never has to make the save. 

Was Gary Kenneth in the last 10 years? 

I haven't seen the game and am trying to work out how big an insult this is. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You need to watch the third again.

First goal 

Screenshot_20190322-074100_YouTube.thumb.jpg.5cfcd82650ca24111f56292ea2c4038c.jpg

Hes caught in no man's land, and has no chance of saving the shot because for some reason he ends up running backwards from this position when the shot is taken.

Second goal

Screenshot_20190322-074143_YouTube.thumb.jpg.f83fe328b236cdd68e173e4eb441b03a.jpg

He can see this move the whole way, yet is still rooted to the spot even when the pass is obvious where it going. When the shot gets taken...

Screenshot_20190322-074201_YouTube.thumb.jpg.551d1d56c7bf97e563172be43decaade.jpg

... hes moved about two yards, and the striker just pokes it past him, any keeper who saw the pass and moved quicker would've saved it.

Third goal

Screenshot_20190322-074321_YouTube.thumb.jpg.a075995aee333956c80fe179c579b4fc.jpg

Any idea why he was so far out the centre of his goal? He was virtually level with the left post, and left a massive gaping hole for the attacker to aim for. 

Not once in the highlights does it appear he gives anyone a shout. First goal he can see the player making the run, second goal he should be able to see the whole thing, and third goal he can see the player about to challenge McKenna. Not once does he shout, signal, anything. 

An inexperienced defence who haven't played together are absolutely fucked if the one man who can see what's going on doesn't actually help them.

First goal he’s let down by the bad defending, the guy shoots far earlier than most would have expected him too and basically rips it in off the under side of the bar. No chance thats Bains fault.

Second he could have read it better and come out earlier but Shinnie or a midfielder not tracking the guy or closing down the passer is by far the worst offender. Still its the closest to it being his fault.

Third, why would he stand in the middle of the goal for where the ball is crossed to, if he does that and the ball gets headed in at the near post its bad positioning. The header near enough starts outside of the post before curling back in towards the goal so again short of being the tallest goalie in the world he has very little chance of getting that.

9 minutes ago, forameus said:

Oh right, so because the players have played better in the past, it must be purely down to McLeish?  

The fact that they're capable of so much better makes it worse on the players.  Tactics can only go so far (and granted, they were absolutely shite) when the players look like they've barely even seen a ball before.  It was shameful all around, from the shit sitcom line-up on the bench to the shit sitcom line-up on the pitch.  

Of course it's purely down to McLeish. Are you saying they played badly on purpose?

Not by a long shot, I'd put Shinnies performance up there as the worst I've seen from a Scottish national team player in the past decade, you're making tenious links blaming Bain for the goals, if Shinnie does his job half adequately then he never has to make the save. 

I think McBurnie, Burke and John McGinn would have to be candidates too.   ZERO goals against Kazakhstan - repeat that again and again.

Still at least they were there, unlike certain charlatans.

13 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Of course it's purely down to McLeish. Are you saying they played badly on purpose?

Not having that.  Players need to take responsibility, there was absolutely no fight in that team, absolutely no urgency either. If you believe McLeish sent them out there to mope around the pitch showing very little desire then you're deluded. We can argue that McLeish isn't up to the job, which I tend to agree with, but laying all of the blame for that shambles at his door is wrong. Players were a disgrace the way they applied themselves.

Im not blaming Bain alone, just that theres as much to point at him as there is everyone else.

All the goals stink of a lack of communication, from McKenna, Shinnie and Bain.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

You think Kris Boyd is our most naturally gifted left winger since the 70s?

I actually typed 10 - and yes striker - a goal scorer if you will. as stated previously if you do not then you are a HEADS GONE

13 minutes ago, lellywong said:

SFA should be punted en masse, they make Scottish football the laughing stock it is, especially with the shambolic handling of finding a national team coach after Strachan.  Bunch of useless twats:whistle

Again, no one outwith Scotland gives a fuck about Scottish football.

36 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not having that.  Players need to take responsibility, there was absolutely no fight in that team, absolutely no urgency either. If you believe McLeish sent them out there to mope around the pitch showing very little desire then you're deluded. We can argue that McLeish isn't up to the job, which I tend to agree with, but laying all of the blame for that shambles at his door is wrong. Players were a disgrace the way they applied themselves.

I don't think there was a lack of effort whatsoever. Players were trying, they wwr just all over the place

14 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Aye, losing in that manner is always going to raise attention a bit. It'll be forgotten incredibly quickly but it won't be true to suggest that nobody cared about this. Plenty of folk had a laugh at it.

I think this is guy is spot on....

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-accused-treating-kazakhstan-like-14171594

The whole 'mood music' around this match - the pathetic excuses for calling off, the low key build up, the general attitude of players, fans, media alike seemed to be we were playing a side that was little better than Malta or the Faroes, backed up by these 'world rankings'.

Closer scrutiny reveals a core of players at FC Astana (regularly in CL or EL) and Kairat (some good EL runs) - and Celtic/Aberdeen having lost the three matches Scots sides have played on Kazakh soil.

There is a lot of investment in sport in that nation, and it is probably likely this will be a springboard to them certainly being more of a regular middle-ranking nation.  i.e. a Serbia, Romania, Slovenia or........Scotland (on an upper part of our cycle).

The eleven players that performed so poorly were just the tip of the iceberg in reasons why this result happened........

Archived