Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McLeish's interview... says we started well, despite conceding twice in the first ten minutes.

McGregor's interview... says we started terribly. Fair enough.

How did this senile c**t get the manager gig, man. :lol:

Just now, ancientnoise said:

A man who also walked out before remember.

I'd expect a better interview from someone who'd just stepped out of a car crash. 

That's what this has been, a car crash appointment. 

Took me hours to get over how bad that game and his chat was. Horrendous.

I genuinely don`t think he`s well.

An awful appointment.

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

How did this senile c**t get the manager gig, man. :lol:

Having his pal who organised his Aberdeen testimonial committee in charge of appointing the Scotland manager at the time certainly helped.

Shinnie rightly or wrongly being made the scapegoat tonight. Not great sitting in a weegie Pub with so many experts who don’t watch him week in week out letting us all know how shit he is.

Anyway what the f**k is an “Oliver Burke” or an “Ollie McBurnie”

John McGinn ? [emoji23]

6 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Shinnie rightly or wrongly being made the scapegoat tonight. Not great sitting in a weegie Pub with so many experts who don’t watch him week in week out letting us all know how shit he is.

He was fucking garbage today, couldn't care less about his weekly displays. Found out massively.

Utterly embarrassed to follow Scotland tonight. No excuses, that was a shambles. A number of the players are not good enough and they were exposed.

However, the most inexcusable thing is the players genuinely looked like they couldn't give a fuck. It happens far too often and it is clear that the players don't care about representing their country

McLeish shouldn't be leaving Kazakhstan as national team manager. An embarrassment of an appointment from the SFA after they spent months making an arse of trying to get Michael O'Neill. McLeish should be left 10 years back 

25 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I genuinely don`t think he`s well.

An awful appointment.

I almost feel sorry for him in that respect. It’s the SFA who should be taking the blame here for appointing him.

3 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Utterly embarrassed to follow Scotland tonight. No excuses, that was a shambles. A number of the players are not good enough and they were exposed.

However, the most inexcusable thing is the players genuinely looked like they couldn't give a fuck. It happens far too often and it is clear that the players don't care about representing their country

McLeish shouldn't be leaving Kazakhstan as national team manager. An embarrassment of an appointment from the SFA after they spent months making an arse of trying to get Michael O'Neill. McLeish should be left 10 years back 

You've got to be fair here. Given the pitch they were playing on was not a grass pitch, they were all potentially seconds away from career ending injuries at any moment in the match. If Ryan Fraser had even stepped onto that pitch he never would have walked again, probably. This is serious stuff we're talking about here. It's difficult to give your all in such circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

God that was depressing. Don't think I was under any illusions we were going to pump them but I thought we would still scrape a result.

I don't think anyone got a pass mark besides Bain, only because all he had to to do was pick the ball out of the net.

Weirdly I thought Palmer was ok defensively but awful on the ball and Shinnie was the opposite. McKenna could have been a lot better too. As much as I thought Shinnie would have been fine playing left back it's hard to defend his performance there. No guarantee Palmer at LB and O'Donnell at RB would have been better but still yeesh!

I thought the midfield did lack some defensive cover but surely that should have been enough to at least create some more concrete chances.

Could probably go on all night about how bad that was but f**k it, just awful all across the pitch. That was a team that still was good enough to at the very worst have a close game there so it's hard to understand how bad it was without it being the management's fault. Short of a drastic turnaround surely McLeish has to be fucked off?

Really? A decent goalie saves at least 2 of those goals. The first is right down the middle, the second he's late off his line and the third he doesn't even make an attempt. For the first and third it was as if he didn't want to dive on the surface. I was never a major fan of Allan McGregor, but he saves at least 2 of those.

None of them were obvious howlers but I'd be expecting better from a Scotland goalkeeper. Certainly, if we're ever going to qualify for anything we'll need our goalie to be able to save efforts like that.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Probably because their manager didn't reel out a list of excuses before the game, didn't get grown men scared of artificial turf and didn't utterly sap their confidence so that they went on to completely shit themselves.

Aye, because Alex McLeish is the only figure in Scottish football that gets his knickers in a twist about artificial football pitches.

We live in the grip of a completely ludicrous obsession with astroturf in this country. That, if nothing else, isn't his fault. Literally 100% of those polled - screamed a headline just weeks ago - wanted it banned.

The hyperbole has begun to remind me of the "burn the witch" scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but with Allan Preston maintaining he played on it once and was turned into a newt.

...he got better.

3 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

You've got to be fair here. Given the pitch they were playing on was not a grass pitch, they were all potentially seconds away from career ending injuries at any moment in the match. If Ryan Fraser had even stepped onto that pitch he never would have walked again, probably. This is serious stuff we're talking about here. It's difficult to give your all in such circumstances. 

Ryan Fraser is a very good player but it's hard times when the national team is dictated to by AFC Bournemouth.

19 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The fact that McLeish thinks we started a game well but were 2-0 down in 10 minutes is all we need to know.

Yep, as soon as he said 'aye, but we started brightly enough' was cringeworthy.  I would have hated to have seen us if we hadn't started brightly enough

6 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Aye, because Alex McLeish is the only figure in Scottish football that gets his knickers in a twist about artificial football pitches.

We live in the grip of a completely ludicrous obsession with astroturf in this country. That, if nothing else, isn't his fault. Literally 100% of those polled - screamed a headline just weeks ago - wanted it banned.

The hyperbole has begun to remind me of the "burn the witch" scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but with Allan Preston maintaining he played on it once and was turned into a newt.

...he got better.

I can see that but the English based players don't get the media spouting their pish about it and asking managers about it all the time.

Archived