Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Northern Ireland. Similar culture/climate, smaller population, also saddled with a sectarian divide. Why can they at least do the basics and organise a team, and we can't?

God that was depressing. Don't think I was under any illusions we were going to pump them but I thought we would still scrape a result.

I don't think anyone got a pass mark besides Bain, only because all he had to to do was pick the ball out of the net.

Weirdly I thought Palmer was ok defensively but awful on the ball and Shinnie was the opposite. McKenna could have been a lot better too. As much as I thought Shinnie would have been fine playing left back it's hard to defend his performance there. No guarantee Palmer at LB and O'Donnell at RB would have been better but still yeesh!

I thought the midfield did lack some defensive cover but surely that should have been enough to at least create some more concrete chances.

Could probably go on all night about how bad that was but f**k it, just awful all across the pitch. That was a team that still was good enough to at the very worst have a close game there so it's hard to understand how bad it was without it being the management's fault. Short of a drastic turnaround surely McLeish has to be fucked off?

Don't know if it has been mentioned but Robertsons poor excuse for not playing is unbelievable for a Scotland captain.he should be stripped.used to mean something playing for your country but clearly not now with al the poor excuses for pulling out.

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

I think we will finish this group below cyprus and the khazaks 5th spot is looking likely, they were miles techincally better tonight the days of putting in a shift with no game plan or technical ability are over these so called diddy teams have caught us up and are now starting to leave us behind

Not a chance. We'll easily finish above Cyprus, Kazakhstan and San Marino.

58 minutes ago, boomboomyards said:

Croatia are 1 nil down to Azerbaijan.

They've taken our result as a challenge!

55 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Guarantee we show them up for the diddies they are at hampden, but will already be too late.

Yup. Always happens.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

North Ireland there, will a team chock full of Scottish Premiership players, with the cigars out against Estonia. 

Probably because their manager didn't reel out a list of excuses before the game, didn't get grown men scared of artificial turf and didn't utterly sap their confidence so that they went on to completely shit themselves. Their manager might even have told his team they're good and actually motivated them.

1 minute ago, davied85 said:

Don't know if it has been mentioned but Robertsons poor excuse for not playing is unbelievable for a Scotland captain.he should be stripped.used to mean something playing for your country but clearly not now with al the poor excuses for pulling out.

Pretty certain his is genuine. Did he not offer to fly out himself as well? He's not pulled out of squads before so I don't think his commitment is in question.

Others however..

Absolute disgrace, losing to Kazakhstan 3-0 is not acceptable at all. Everyone single person to blame. Starts from the top with the incompetent SFA appointing a dinosaur in McLeish after an embarrassment of a search. McLeish himself just not a good manager anymore. The players that pulled out should be ashamed, Robertson the captain pulling out for a dental issue is a farce. Then some of the players just aren't good enough Bain is not a good goalkeeper, not sure how Burke got in after a handful of games at Celtic, Palmer didn't quite look up to it imo and why on earth McTominay wasn't starting is beyond me. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Why has McTominay been turned into a saviour? 

I wasnt bothered about him starting untill I seen 3 the first choice back 4 pull out then I thought he should really start as he is the most defensive minded. As long as he sticks to that role for scotland and doesn’t attempt to play above his ability like Fletcher did he should be a good solid asset.

2 hours ago, Desp said:

I've had a few bads ones in my time, but this may be the worst post I've ever made on P&B. 

My apologies to the nation! 

McLeish Out. 

Your punishment...... 12 months in charge of the national team

On the upside, I doubt you'd make as big a hash of it as McLeish has tbh, even allowing for this whopper.

Archived