Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

9 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Kazakhstan looked very good to me. We underestimated them imo (in my opinion). The comments before the match were disrespectful to our hosts. 

Belgium and Russia will struggle over there.

On 3/16/2019 at 17:44, Mark Connolly said:

We are the best country in the world at straw clutching, and I'm proud of it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure what’s the worst part of this.

Is is that you said Shinnie would be fine at left-back or that 6 people greenied it. Ffs.

He was a good left back at ICT, and has been decent enough for the small spells a few years back for AFC there.

Tonight though, whether he was just spooked after the bad start, he was all over the place positionally.

Sadly, the players that were no shows with a variety of fairly pathetic excuses are the ones who will be absolved from criticism - whereas Shinnie, who did very well when he came on at 3-2 and squeaky bum v Israel - has now had his reputation seriously tarnished with this one, by virtue of being an 11th hour stopgap at LB.

50 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Just heard some of McLeish's post match interview.

Incredible stuff.

He said we had loads of inexperienced players. He fucking picked not only the squad but also the team!

Worst , he said that he told the players to move the ball fast and TAKE AS FEW TOUCHES AS POSSIBLE!!! That's abysmal bullshit. Caveman, negative bollocks. Cowardly even.

He was then asked if he felt down after the defeat, to which he replied "I feel down after game". Quite the Freudian slip.

We do have a lot of inexperienced (at full international level) players. Before the game the general consensus on here was that we were comfortable with that.

Could him mentioning moving the ball fast and taking as few touches as possible maybe just indicate he didn’t want us being ponderous as he believed Kazakhstan would sit deep? Keep a high tempo and move them about quickly.

Why is that a Freudian slip?

I’m not a fan of the appointment of McLeish but none of that is mental stuff. If he did say were started the game well, then that’s mental given we were 2-0 down in no time. I didn’t see the game but he seems to have made a bit of a clanger with his full back picks. That apart, I don’t see any selections in the starting XI that are that crazy. I’ll be interested to see the match highlights to see where it all went wrong.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

We do have a lot of inexperienced (at full international level) players. Before the game the general consensus on here was that we were comfortable with that.

Could him mentioning moving the ball fast and taking as few touches as possible maybe just indicate he didn’t want us being ponderous as he believed Kazakhstan would sit deep? Keep a high tempo and move them about quickly.

Why is that a Freudian slip?

I’m not a fan of the appointment of McLeish but none of that is mental stuff. If he did say were started the game well, then that’s mental given we were 2-0 down in no time. I didn’t see the game but he seems to have made a bit of a clanger with his full back picks. That apart, I don’t see any selections in the starting XI that are that crazy. I’ll be interested to see the match highlights to see where it all went wrong.

I wouldn't waste your time trying to defend Mcleish. Asked about the game and he spends two minutes starting to stay something, stopping, then eventually spits out that we started the game sharp and Burke was causing huge problems.

Ever single question asked had him mumbling through at least ten words, that he couldn't finish, before finally settling on an answer.

How the f**k he gets any message across in the dressing room is beyond me. He laughably claimed he talked about the Scottish rugby team at half time though, the Scottish rugby team who threw away a lead in the final seconds. We're fucked if that's what we're aiming for.

If Belgium or Russia drop points over there i’ll get a tattoo of Borat on my arse. 

Russia play there on Sunday and I reckon could drop a couple of points.

I went to see the Dons in Kazakhstan and confirm none of them look or sound anything like the Borat character.

Their look is a cross between Russian and Chinese, which made for a few bonnie ladies.

Just now, The_Judge said:

The finish for their opener is good and the killer pass for their second is absolutely sublime (I don't blame Shinnie).

Away you go, he was fùcking hopelessly out of position in terms of team tactics and his ability to react to play. 

He's not up to it. 

Would you play him anywhere against Belgium?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I wouldn't waste your time trying to defend Mcleish. Asked about the game and he spends two minutes starting to stay something, stopping, then eventually spits out that we started the game sharp and Burke was causing huge problems.

Ever single question asked had him mumbling through at least ten words, that he couldn't finish, before finally settling on an answer.

How the f**k he gets any message across in the dressing room is beyond me. He laughably claimed he talked about the Scottish rugby team at half time though, the Scottish rugby team who threw away a lead in the final seconds. We're fucked if that's what we're aiming for.

Strachan actually went on about the same thing at half-time in the TV studio.

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Russia play there on Sunday and I reckon could drop a couple of points.

I went to see the Dons in Kazakhstan and confirm none of them look or sound anything like the Borat character.

Their look is a cross between Russian and Chinese, which made for a few bonnie ladies.

Are you demented?

24 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Kazakhstan looked very good to me. We underestimated them imo (in my opinion). The comments before the match were disrespectful to our hosts. 

Belgium and Russia will struggle over there.

Not sure if serious but let`s just assume they are indeed a good side. ( they aren`t IMHO)

But if they are then McLeish totally underestimated them by not playing a midfield to give the back 4 some proper protection and perhaps might also have considered calling up a proper LB when our best one was out and his able deputy was clearly very likely to miss the game given he trained separately from the main squad right from the outset,

Guest DAVIDB69

I had no idea who Palmer or how he even qualified for Scotland. Apart from that I assume a lot Celtic players will get out of the June qualifiers due to “tiredness” .

Mcleish reminds me very much of ally Macleod in that he doesn’t really know anything about opposition , had anyone watched Kazakhstan play or any of their players

Guest DAVIDB69
Watching the Belgium game 14 mins in and getting shivers how bad there going to murder us in a proper match. Play like tonight it could be anything from 5 to 10.

Russia are decent again after the fine world cup

I can guarantee that both Belgium and Russia will win handsomely in Astana.

We made the excuses before the game began and let an early goal get the better of us. We totally shat it and simply couldn’t cope with the confidence of the Kazakhs with the crowd behind them.

A shambles where the buck stops at the manager. Robertson, Tierney et al shouldn’t escape criticism though. A pair of absolute pussies that let the team down.

That team was good enough to beat Kazakhstan today and they clearly let the premature excuses hinder their performance.

Definitely the most embarrassing night in our history. If you can even call it history.

Archived