Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

Everyone could see that Mcleish was a disastrous appointment except the SFA and the old boy media sycophants. The players obviously feel the same way given the number of call offs, retirements and 'extended breaks'. The players who do turn up aren't interested in playing for him either judging by tonight's efforts. It's not just the result, it's the utter capitulation.

A result like this was always on the cards in this group. I expected it to be Cyprus away.

No lessons have been learned from the shambles in Haifa, where we were extremely lucky not to suffer an absolute drubbing from Israel. He should have gone then, if not that night then at the end of the Nations League.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

A substantial proportion of the Tartan Army had been highly critical of Strachan for being too Anglocentric.

Typical TA anglophobia (the TA fandans aren’t typically xenophobic as has often been suggested, but anglophobic - most certainly) and it was to be expected that the parochial twats in the fanbase would soon be calling for ‘a Scots-based team for Scottish people’ in true League of Gentlemen fashion.

This is rewriting history. Strachan, rarely seen at domestic Scottish games, unarguably favoured some bang-average Championship players to the exclusion of even investigating options from the Scottish leagues. He just didn't want to look at them. The example that will always taint him in my eyes is the criminally long time he took to give Griffiths a fair shout. Add in the weird eugenics he was spouting and there was a case against him that was nothing about anglophobia.

The problem with McLeish isn't with his team selection – but a serious concern that he doesn't know what he's doing tactically.

I've said it before but the attitude of our players towards international football is absolutely shocking and has been for ages.   

Players are a bunch of twitchy arsed snowflakes, fraud Scots and can't be bothereds.

Andy Robertson might be our best player but his moaning and whining about being played at left midfield tells you everything about us.  What about showing some leadership?  Players not playing on artificial turf is horse shit.  The amount of call offs is ridiculous.  

Not one of these guys is interested or has the gumption to lead by example.  Every one of them needs a fucking kick up the arse.

While I'd accept we don't produce top level players I don't think this result or so many before this one is down to talent.  Our attitude stinks and until we have players that are prepared to treat international football in a professional manner we simply have no chance of succeeding at this level.

2 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I've said it before but the attitude of our players towards international football is absolutely shocking and has been for ages.   

Players are a bunch of twitchy arsed snowflakes, fraud Scots and can't be bothereds.

Andy Robertson might be our best player but his moaning and whining about being played at left midfield tells you everything about us.  What about showing some leadership?  Players not playing on artificial turf is horse shit.  The amount of call offs is ridiculous.  

Not one of these guys is interested or has the gumption to lead by example.  Every one of them needs a fucking kick up the arse.

While I'd accept we don't produce top level players I don't think this result or so many before this one is down to talent.  Our attitude stinks and until we have players that are prepared to treat international football in a professional manner we simply have no chance of succeeding at this level.

Blaming a player who didn’t even play and was willing to pay his own flights 

The players clearly dont want McLeish as manager either.  The amount of call offs and retirements since he was appointed backs this up. 

45 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Got shouted down by a few earlier.

.....and rightly so.   

McBurnie offers absolutely nothing to the game of football.    Anyone championing playing him because "he's scored a few goals in the Championship"  is as culpable as our moron of a manager.   
No link up play.   No runs into channels.   No awareness of where his teammates are.    

I've no doubt we'll be force fed another performance of McBurnie passing it out the park, the ball bobbling of his shins or flicking on headers to no-one in the future.   

You were told this pre-match.   It's cost us 3 points and yet your coming back on trying to argue you've somehow been proven correct!     Incredible stuff.  

.....and rightly so.   

McBurnie offers absolutely nothing to the game of football.    Anyone championing playing him because "he's scored a few goals in the Championship"  is as culpable as our moron of a manager.   
No link up play.   No runs into channels.   No awareness of where his teammates are.    

I've no doubt we'll be force fed another performance of McBurnie passing it out the park, the ball bobbling of his shins or flicking on headers to no-one in the future.   

You were told this pre-match.   It's cost us 3 points and yet your coming back on trying to argue you've somehow been proven correct!     Incredible stuff.  
So Marc McNulty would have scored 4 tonight and all would have been alright?
Like it or not, McBurnie was the best eligible Scottish no 9 available for this game.

2 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

This is rewriting history. Strachan, rarely seen at domestic Scottish games, unarguably favoured some bang-average Championship players to the exclusion of even investigating options from the Scottish leagues. He just didn't want to look at them. The example that will always taint him in my eyes is the criminally long time he took to give Griffiths a fair shout. Add in the weird eugenics he was spouting – and there was a real case against him.

The problem with McLeish isn't with his team selection – but a serious concern that he doesn't know what he's doing tactically.

This. Those players organised well - with the possible exception of Palmer, who is an unknown quantity in international football - should have won that game comfortably.

One of McLeish's biggest errors was choosing a weak backroom team. He needed good coaches younger than him rather than a random selection of his pals if he was going to stand a chance. 

That said, Strachan was doing a better job than McLeish.

2 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Like it or not, McBurnie was the best eligible Scottish no 9 available for this game.

Burke could have done the same job and would at least have offered his pace in terms of keeping them on edge at the back, and would have allowed us to put someone who can cross a fucking ball from the left into the team.

McLeish has to go but a return for Strachan is definitely not the answer, I really hope this article is just a lazy list of candidates cobbled together as there has to be better options out there.

Unfortunately I would not be surprised if the SFA decided to reappoint Strachan.

35 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Aye, get in the St Johnstone duo and this all could have been avoided...

McLeish talking about a "bright start" when we were 2-0 down after 10 mins :lol: Get him in the care home ffs.

What a weird post that is.

FWIW Clark is better than Bain, just because Bains fluked his way into Celtics first team doesn't change that. If they hire any competent manager this Summer he'll be lucky to remain at that club.

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:

Like it or not McBurnie isn't in the top 20 Scottish number 9s  

No sensible manager would have played him tonight.  

15 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The genetics things is obviously true.

I don't know whether you're trolling, but Scots are on average taller than Frenchmen, Spaniards, Argentinians, Turks, Portuguese, Brazilians and Russians. I've never heard them complain. Scotsmen are also, on average, more than 15cm taller than Kazakhstanis.

Just now, Ross. said:

Burke could have done the same job and would at least have offered his pace in terms of keeping them on edge at the backs would have allowed us to put someone who can cross a fucking ball from the left into the team.

Burke is absolutely dreadful up front, I've seen four, maybe five, Celtic matches with him there and he contributes nothing other than pace on a counter, his "build up play" is laughable.

10 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I basically agree with this but 1) using the word 'snowflake' makes you sound like a rocket, and 2) we can't force this to happen - managers are obviously worried about call offs which limits their room to manoeuvre, at least until the team starts doing better, which is a vicious cycle.

Archived