Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just seen clips of the goals, so cant have any real opinion. But here we go...

First two goals are a mix of Shinnie being caught out, Bain standing still watching things happen instead of moving, and no communication at all between Bain, Shinnie and McKenna. Third goal is a perfect summation, as Shinnie let's the goalscorer go, Bains planted to his line, and McKenna seems to be expecting either one to get it, and gets caught in two minds as nobody is telling him what's happening behind him.

Cant help but feel a keeper who actually speaks and moves, and a left back who is natural there (thought Shinnie might be, but he looked like someone out of position), and this result doesn't happen.

Aye, get in the St Johnstone duo and this all could have been avoided...

McLeish talking about a "bright start" when we were 2-0 down after 10 mins :lol: Get him in the care home ffs.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Desp said:

That would be some sell. 

"Here random English fella.  You fancy flying out to Kazakhstan for a wee game?  The chances are you'll never play for Scotland again as we have many, many left backs that are much better than you, but we're stuck for this one qualifying game".

Calm doon.  Shinnie at left-back will be absolutely fine.

Shinnie was out of his depth. :thumbsdown

McLeish should have called up a replacement LB but fucked it up as usual.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

That can be true, and I certainly didn't excuse myself from my post. I struggle with mental illness but try to be positive. I often fail but I keep trying.

I know, it was just a gentle chide. If it will help I'll drop Skidmarks from my team on the other thread and play you.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I know, it was just a gentle chide. If it will help I'll drop Skidmarks from my team on the other thread and play you.

Depends, what position?

20 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

I disagree that it does. We had over eighty minutes to recover, and such is the nature of football that it's hardly an uncommon thing to have to overcome set-backs.

A settled team with experienced players can recover. We had 3 players with a decent level of experience in football and a side which barely knew each other.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

A settled team with experienced players can recover. We had 3 players with a decent level of experience in football and a side which barely knew each other.

Any team can recover, if given the right instruction and motivation. Just about every single one of our players plays at a higher level than their counterparts of today; it's on McLeish to get his side to know each other and to coach them such that, and I can't believe I'm saying this, we can play with some discernible semblance of a gameplan against sides ranked below the top 100. No excuse is adequate for what unfolded there, led by a manager so unbelievably hopeless that you really can't make any excuses or suggest that a few better players would've drastically changed the result.

McLeish is a football dinosaur, who just isn't in touch with football never mind how international football is played.

So few teams play, or are capable of playing a 4-3-3 formation internationally. When a team sits in and you have just played some quick guys to get in behind, like fifa, you're going to struggle to create anything. Never mind when your midfield doesn't press the ball and your back four are entirely at sea, allowing two easy goals in the first 10 minutes. Followed by no tactical changes.

Most away games we should be playing 4-5-1, and attempting to allow any of our more gifted players to create. McGregor, McGinn and Armstrong were all anonymous but somehow done more than the front three.

1 minute ago, the_bully_wee said:

Any team can recover, if given the right instruction and motivation. Just about every single one of our players plays at a higher level than their counterparts of today; it's on McLeish to get his side to know each other and to coach them such that, and I can't believe I'm saying this, we can play with some discernible semblance of a gameplan against sides ranked below the top 100. No excuse is adequate for what unfolded there, led by a manager so unbelievably hopeless that you really can't make any excuses or suggest that a few better players would've drastically changed the result.

You can't build a team in four or five training sessions.

Playing Shinnie at left back was the wrong option but we didn't have any good options.

Just now, gc_smfc said:

McLeish is a football dinosaur, who just isn't in touch with football never mind how international football is played.

So few teams play, or are capable of playing a 4-3-3 formation internationally. When a team sits in and you have just played some quick guys to get in behind, like fifa, you're going to struggle to create anything. Never mind when your midfield doesn't press the ball and your back four are entirely at sea, allowing two easy goals in the first 10 minutes. Followed by no tactical changes.

Most away games we should be playing 4-5-1, and attempting to allow any of our more gifted players to create. McGregor, McGinn and Armstrong were all anonymous but somehow done more than the front three.

He's out of touch with the concept of paying taxes too, apparently.

Just heard some of McLeish's post match interview.

Incredible stuff.

He said we had loads of inexperienced players. He fucking picked not only the squad but also the team!

Worst , he said that he told the players to move the ball fast and TAKE AS FEW TOUCHES AS POSSIBLE!!! That's abysmal bullshit. Caveman, negative bollocks. Cowardly even.

He was then asked if he felt down after the defeat, to which he replied "I feel down after game". Quite the Freudian slip.

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

You can't build a team in four or five training sessions.

Playing Shinnie at left back was the wrong option but we didn't have any good options.

Every single one of those guys, other than Bain and Palmer(?) have been in multiple squads before. It shouldn't take some great tactical fluency to produce a semi-coherent performance against a far worse team. No excuse for that performance, no matter how you spin it.

Archived