Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full backs were horrendous, game passed McGregor & McGinn by completely. Burke’s fast but nothing else by the looks of that. Forrest reverted to type in a Scotland top and hid for the entire time he was on the park.

Get McLeish out now and give a new manager time to build for the playoffs as the qualifying campaign is over already.

Wouldn't we be better boycotting a home game...?

No, I'm up for it, I'm definitely not going to San Marino now!!!

An unparalleled display of universal ineptitude in an arena in which I thought I had seen it all. McLeish was a complete joke of an appointment to begin with, but results and performances since have done very little in terms of making a cogent case for him being anything close to an acceptable manager at any level. The bloke's last decent work came in his last spell as Scotland manager, over a decade ago and upon inheriting a highly-experienced, organised team left by his pal Walter. 

I am assuming that McLeish will spout the few excuses he has to hand, which would be valid if today's game resulted in anything other than being taught a lesson by a complete minnow of a side. If he'd any sense - after that, a highly fanciful notion - or national, if not personal pride, he would be offering nothing more than an apology and an immediate resignation. That is the worst performance I have ever seen from a side I've watched, and as a Clyde fan who has been virtually ever-present at games in the last decade, that really is a damning indictment of just how rudderless the performance was.

The team that was fielded, although I didn't completely agree with it, looked fine to me and really should be more than enough to enable us to - at the very least - compete against any national side around about us, and get past sides of absolutely no pedigree like Kazakhstan. We were short on any real experience - Forrest and Armstrong the only players with any real history of starting regularly - and a Scott Brown or Darren Fletcher figure would no doubt have improved things. But whether we had had two weeks to acclimatise, had more experience or had certain players available, no combination of factors would serve to have sufficiently changed the outcome of that game. Utterly, utterly hopeless.

To hear the ever-simpler commentators going on about the "perfect back-up" in the Nations League just shows how donkey-brained they are, as well. If we get slapped 3-0 off a complete non-entity nation with four - now five - wins in the last decade, then what is "perfect" about having our qualification hopes resting on being able to beat sides that are actually half-decent? 

16 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Not that it matters but that first goal looks more and more offside every time I see it!!!

It might just be how static and out of position the defence were that has created the illusion of offside.

6 minutes ago, sjc said:

The extent of this whole debacle goes way beyond the manager.

Indeed. It's Scottish sport in general. You just need to look over the water to Ireland to see how far we've regressed. They used to mainly be an easy touch for us and while we've floundered around, their football, rugby and cricket teams have overtaken us big time and we struggle to beat any of them as they continually progress on the world stage. Even their rugby clubs are successful in the major competitions while we struggle to qualify. When it comes to sport, something is definitely rotten in the state of Scotland.

7 minutes ago, munro7 said:

Full backs were horrendous, game passed McGregor & McGinn by completely. Burke’s fast but nothing else by the looks of that. Forrest reverted to type in a Scotland top and hid for the entire time he was on the park.

Get McLeish out now and give a new manager time to build for the playoffs as the qualifying campaign is over already.

What full backs?

Archived