Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, skippy2015 said:

I kind of agree but in my opinion the level of call offs would never have happened under Strachan. Tactics seem wrong half of the time . Seems not to be a great team spirit also which also lies at the managers door also.

But your correct players have to take responsibility to.

Oh, don't get me wrong, McLeish is far from blameless.  In fact, he probably deserves the majority, but it's like a 51/49 with the players rather than the usual "get the manager to f**k" and then being surprised when the same shitebags are shitebags under a new manager.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Cannae wait for the inevitable narrative if we don't turn this around.  Can probably write yourself a bingo card now.

"They're ranked x places below Scotland"
"Embarassment"
"Lowly Kazakhstan"
"x of their players are going back to their jobs as butchers/bakers/fluffers in the morning"

When really, it's just going to be another example of why we've got this superiority complex against nations like this.  They are not the diddies they used to be.  Technically, they're clearly at least as good as us, and probably better.  If they're diddies, so are we.

This just isn't accurate at all. tim.png.4ea88a84a76e7b4e0436e366ac9fbaf4.png 

Kazakhstan's record has been awful, because they're not a good side. There's no superiority complex about it. A third seed side should not be losing 3-0 away at the fifth seed side. It's a simple as that. You can dress it up as a superiority complex if you want, but it's pish.

They are the diddies they used to be and they will not take any points from Russia or Belgium, you can take that to the bank.

2 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

To be fair with this threadbare squad packed full of mediocrity why on earth should we expect to turn up and win this match?

We absolutely should be competitive though, there's no excuses for this. Utterly shite!

Just now, Estragon said:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really looking forward to the immediate turnaround in our fortunes that'll come as soon as we sack the manager....

Is your suggestion that we wouldn't improve with anyone but the shambling jakey?

This just isn't accurate at all. tim.png.4ea88a84a76e7b4e0436e366ac9fbaf4.png 
Kazakhstan's record has been awful, because they're not a good side. There's no superiority complex about it. A third seed side should not be losing 3-0 away at the fifth seed side. It's a simple as that. You can dress it up as a superiority complex if you want, but it's pish.
They are the diddies they used to be and they will not take any points from Russia or Belgium, you can take that to the bank.

This is right. This is not where Scotland currently are. This is not their current level. It’s an abject performance for which McLeish needs to go.

3 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Think we have learnt that English premier league players are much better than Scottish premiership, guys we used to have like Hutton, MacArthur, Morrison (Whittaker in his Norwich days). People saying guys like Jason Kerr etc are morons. People over the years who have said that we should be playing guys in the middle of the Scottish Premiership are just so far off the mark.

How did those players get on qualifying for tournaments?

Archived