Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

Anyway, was feeling confident about this but the negative talk (last night on the radio they were saying a draw would be a good result!) has put doubt in my mind.
The team is fine and absolutely should be good enough to win, but the excuses being rolled out by so many is a concern. Hopefully the team are ignoring them.

Was that on Sportsound?

I listened to the podcast with McCall and Scott McDonald and both said a win was pretty much required. I did skip over the bit with Billy Dodds so it wouldn’t surprise me if he said something along those lines.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Liking the optimism, liking the line-up.

Still got the absolute fear. 

I like the line up with the exception of McBurnie, he plays well for Swansea but has been w**k for Scotland. I welcome him proving me wrong though.

On what cunting planet would a draw, in the first game where 3 points are a must for every team in qualification to get their campaign off to a good start. against an absolute gang of a team, be a good result?
Scottish pundits are stupid fucking arseholes.

You would think they would have learnt their lesson. I am pretty sure in the last few campaigns we have always had a shitey away game as one of the first games and we have never won it and we have then never qualified. We need 6 points from these two games and 12 points from both games against this mob and san marino to have a chance

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

You would think they would have learnt their lesson. I am pretty sure in the last few campaigns we have always had a shitey away game as one of the first games and we have never won it and we have then never qualified. We need 6 points from these two games and 12 points from both games against this mob and san marino to have a chance

Our first three games are Kazakhstan away, San Marino away and Cyprus at home.

If we want to go through this way (and not through the Nations League), then 9 points from our first 9 is pretty much a must.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

On what cunting planet would a draw, in the first game where 3 points are a must for every team in qualification to get their campaign off to a good start. against an absolute gang of a team, be a good result?

Scottish pundits are stupid fucking arseholes.

Not sure who said that but Tom English was on today suggesting that we are out if we don't win both games. Not much dissent either tbh

1 minute ago, Big Fifer said:

Gonna try and detach myself from the planet for 4 hours to get to the end of the working day and home without finding out the result so I can watch the game recorded at hame. 

Wish me luck. 

likelylads_1578242c.jpg 

7 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Not sure who said that but Tom English was on today suggesting that we are out if we don't win both games. Not much dissent either tbh

He's right. 

Edit - Although there is the Nations League play off to fall back on.  But still.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was that on Sportsound?

I listened to the podcast with McCall and Scott McDonald and both said a win was pretty much required. I did skip over the bit with Billy Dodds so it wouldn’t surprise me if he said something along those lines.

Aye. It was Dodds and the presenter, and possibly someone else who escapes my mind.

10 minutes ago, Aufc said:

We need 9 points out of first 3 games or we're done.

10 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Looks like someone's hurriedly cut the front bit of Hayley McQueen's dress out minutes before going on air

Pics or GTF

Hayley McQueen seems to think a draw between Belgium and Russia would be a good result for us.

Wouldn't it be better for one of them to just run away with it and leave 2nd place up for grabs?

Just now, The Master said:

Hayley McQueen seems to think a draw between Belgium and Russia is a good result for us.

Wouldn't it be better for one of them to just run away with it and leave 2nd place up for grabs?

Let's not start with the permutations patter before we've even kicked a ball FFS

McGregor and Shinniesta belting out the anthem, good to see, although McGregor might lose some brownie points from his team's fans for being the first 'tic player to show such gusto in a long time!!!

Archived