Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because I am, of course, a howling VL, I decided to have a look at how many withdrawals there have been in each of McLeish's squads:

• Kazakhstan and San Marino: 5 (ongoing)
  • Albania and Israel: 9
  • Israel and Portugal: 7
  • Belgium and Albania: 5 (I don't think Fraser officially pulled out but McLeish revealed just before the game that he was unavailable)
  • Peru and Mexico: 6
  • Costa Rica and Hungary: 6

Fraser and Tierney have dropped out of four of McLeish's six squads. I don't know how many of those withdrawals were genuine, but we're either unlucky that two of our best players couldn't last more than half of the manager's international breaks, or they're fucking unpatriotic scum who are up there with  Bonnie Prince Charlie and Aiden McGeady. 

I try and not go overboard when people call off and turn into a Hamish Husband type, but the more I think about the number of players we "won't risk" in this game is fairly ridiculous.

Any idea if the Kazakh doctors are advising any of their players not to play or is it solely Scottish knees this pitch is designed to aggravate? 

Just now, accies1874 said:

Because I am, of course, a howling VL, I decided to have a look at how many withdrawals there have been in each of McLeish's squads:

• Kazakhstan and San Marino: 5 (ongoing)
  • Albania and Israel: 9
  • Israel and Portugal: 7
  • Belgium and Albania: 5 (I don't think Fraser officially pulled out but McLeish revealed just before the game that he was unavailable)
  • Peru and Mexico: 6
  • Costa Rica and Hungary: 6

Fraser and Tierney have dropped out of four of McLeish's six squads. I don't know how many of those withdrawals were genuine, but we're either unlucky that two of our best players couldn't last more than half of the manager's international breaks, or they're fucking unpatriotic scum who are up there with  Bonnie Prince Charlie and Aiden McGeady. 

See because you're a howling VL, do you fancy comparing that to one (or all if you wish) of the other home nations? Just interested to see if these numbers are about average or if our players really are just lazy b*****ds.

How we can go away into a crucial World Cup qualifier struggling for a left back when we have Tierney Robertson Douglas Bryan and Kingsley? Only Scotland truly unbelievable. It’s also unbelievable that right back now looks a stronger position than left back for us.....

2 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

How we can go away into a crucial World Cup qualifier struggling for a left back when we have Tierney Robertson Douglas Bryan and Kingsley? Only Scotland truly unbelievable. It’s also unbelievable that right back now looks a stronger position than left back for us.....

It's not a World Cup qualifier

Armstrong has to play. I really don't understand why that's up for debate.

He's been outstanding for Scotland in the last couple of years, and is playing and doing well for Southampton.
I agree. He's got to play. In my opinion alongside McTominay

5 hours ago, Oleksandr said:

Niemi

Souttar

McKenna

Bates

Forrest

McGinn

McGregor

Russell

Armstrong

Burke

Mcburnie

Jesus Christ mate, you’ve been making this Niemi joke on various threads in here for about a fortnight. It’s was a funny one-off ladsbible type gag at the time....being regurgitated by yer da every time a Scotland squad gets announced....less so. Half-a-dozen times in the same sub-forum by the same user....barely a snigger. 

Armstrong has to play. I really don't understand why that's up for debate.

He's been outstanding for Scotland in the last couple of years, and is playing and doing well for Southampton.

I agree he should play.

However...

He’s been on the bench of late at Southampton.

If he plays then either McGinn drops out or McGregor plays out of position.

2 hours ago, skippy2015 said:

Could Matt Targett  opt to play for Scotland again? He switched from Scotland U19s to England U19s a few years ago. He should be eligible to play for Scotland at senior level. 

I agree he should play.

However...

He’s been on the bench of late at Southampton.

If he plays then either McGinn drops out or McGregor plays out of position.

I'd take Armstrong over mcginn, and I'd definitely leave mctominay for a more defensive role (against the big teams).

We've got so many good options in midfield positions, and hopefully that will be enough to get the job done tomorrow.

Archived