Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

Just now, Donathan said:

Who gives a f**k about Kazakhstan fans? If they want to play on their own time then they can play in the AFC, but if they want to face the big boys the game must kick off at Europe O'Clock

Okay, f**k the Kazakhstan fans. How do the Scotland fans who are attending the game get there and back?

Even taking the fans out of it, I'm amazed that any Scotland fan thinks playing the game at 1am or later would give us the best chance of winning. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We should have had another left-back on the plane as soon as Robertson was ruled out.

TBF, Shinnie would always have been in there as a back-up, back-up left-back!

No issues from me with him in that position. 

7 minutes ago, Desp said:

TBF, Shinnie would always have been in there as a back-up, back-up left-back!

No issues from me with him in that position. 

He's barely played left-back in about 4 years though. We have other capable left-backs about, there's no need to be asking guys to fill in as though we're a part-time League 1 side going through an injury crisis.

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We should have had another left-back on the plane as soon as Robertson was ruled out.

That would require McLeish to have any actual foresight, which we all know he doesn't have. I mean I've heard/seen Faddy on various outlets and I've not heard him once mention any Kazakhstan player, which doesn't sound like they've done any decent amount of scouting or video analysis.  

I've also heard this pish that there's no easy games in Europe nowadays. Our opponents are ranked 117 in the world, only won one of their Nations League matches and it was at home to Andorra. Even with a weakened side, Scotland should be able to beat a team that has only won four competitive matches this decade (all against minnows).

Spoiler

16th October 2018 - Kazakhstan 4-0 Andorra - UEFA Nations League Group D1
14th October 2015 - Latvia 0-1 Kazakhstan - Euro 2016 Qualifying Group A  (sidenote Steven MacLean was referee that day)
16th September 2013 - Kazakhstan 2-1 Faroe Islands - 2014 FIFA World Cup Q Group C
3rd June 2011 - Kazakhstan 2-1 Azerbaijan - Euro 2012 Qualifying Group A

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's barely played left-back in about 4 years though. We have other capable left-backs about, there's no need to be asking guys to fill in as though we're a part-time League 1 side going through an injury crisis.

Do we really?  The likes of Douglas & Kingsley aren't really doing too much at the minute.  Certainly aren't better players that Shinnie IMO. 

Would suggest it's too early for Taylor at Killie.

If we can't get past Kazakhstan, it'll be down to a helluva lot more than sticking Shinnie, who's played at left-back for the majority of his career, there. 

39 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Niemi

Souttar

McKenna

Bates

Forrest

McGinn

McGregor

Russell

Armstrong

Burke

Mcburnie

Cant ever recall seeing Jonny Russell play as a wing back. I would stick to 4-2-3-1

Bain

Palmer Bates McKenna Shinnie

Armstrong McGinn

Forest  McGregor Burke

Russell

5 minutes ago, Cyril said:

Cant ever recall seeing Jonny Russell play as a wing back. I would stick to 4-2-3-1

Bain

Palmer Bates McKenna Shinnie

Armstrong McGinn

Forest  McGregor Burke

Russell

Back around 2010 he played wing back for a couple of games on loan with Raith Rovers.

Archived