Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Option A isn't for us to decide.

Option B isn't workable when you consider Kazakhstan play Russia on Sunday at home, so they'd be playing Saturday and Sunday.  

3pm probably isn't ideal for us fans watching on the telly, but for the players, staff and fans actually attending the game it makes complete sense. I'm quite looking forward to it though - Sky set to record, phone off at 3pm, clock out at 5pm, bag of cans at 5:15pm, start watching the match by 5.30pm, bag of cans finished and our qualification dreams in tatters by 7:30pm.

Never said we decided it, but it should be the case.

They could play Russia on Thursday and us on the weekend, would at least make it an evening midweek KO for Russians.

9 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Just a slight aside but apparently the Kazakh parliament just voted to rename the capital after the outgoing president, so those of you who think you’re in Astana are actually now in Nursultan

This is tremendous stuff - so does that mean for cycling fans, Team Astana and Team Sky have both changed their name in the same week?

18 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Never said we decided it, but it should be the case.

They could play Russia on Thursday and us on the weekend, would at least make it an evening midweek KO for Russians.

If that's your opinion fair enough, but once we've been drawn to play them we can't just sit here and say "aye but they shouldnae even be here".

That's working under the assumption that Kazakhstan want to give us the best possible time to play - why should they? We play them on a Tuesday night at Hampden at 7:45pm in November, should we have arranged that for a weekend so that it suits them? 

11 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Why? If they want to play with the Europeans, they should play at Europe O'Clock!!!

How do fans get to and from the game when it kicks off at 1:45am and finishes at 3:45am?

17 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

This is tremendous stuff - so does that mean for cycling fans, Team Astana and Team Sky have both changed their name in the same week?

I think Team Astana are away to fold at the end of the season anyway

1 hour ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Crazy that number of folk choosing Burke and McNulty ahead of McBurnie

McBurnie has 25 goals in 50 games in the Championship.

Burke and McNulty are out on loan from Championship clubs just now because they aren’t deemed good enough.

Burke I can see an argument for although I don’t agree with it. McNulty no way

Tierney now ruled out. Presumably means Shinne or Palmer will now be play at left back?

Seems a bit silly to not have Barry Douglas or Stephen Kingsley over there now. Robertson’s determination to make it has actually ended up hurting us!

Just now, thruthenight said:

CalMac is captain tomorrow apparently.

Missing Tierney and Robertson is an issue. Shame that Barry Douglas wasn't drafted in. Palmer & O'Donnell starting?

Shinnie would play left back I would think.

Bain

O'Donnell  Bates  McKenna  Shinnie 

McGinn  McTominay  McGregor

Forrest  McBurnie  Russell 

Harsh on Armstrong, but I feel we need to keep playing with two wide men after it worked so well in the last fixtures.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

If that's your opinion fair enough, but once we've been drawn to play them we can't just sit here and say "aye but they shouldnae even be here".

That's working under the assumption that Kazakhstan want to give us the best possible time to play - why should they? We play them on a Tuesday night at Hampden at 7:45pm in November, should we have arranged that for a weekend so that it suits them? 

How do fans get to and from the game when it kicks off at 1:45am and finishes at 3:45am?

Who gives a f**k about Kazakhstan fans? If they want to play on their own time then they can play in the AFC, but if they want to face the big boys the game must kick off at Europe O'Clock

Archived