Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

19 hours ago, paddymcp said:

Tierney while naturally not quite the marauding full back he is at LB acquitted himself well at RB during our unbeaten run in 2017 against the likes of England. He plays at RB every day of the week for me for as long as our other options are from the likes of Kilmarnock and as long as Andy Robertson breaths life.

Wasn't Tierney left of centre in a back 5 that game against England? Pretty sure Anya started at RWB.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Sounds like McNulty's having a great game for Hibs today, the Sportsound guys calling for him to start... seem likely? 

I've never seem him play, so can't really say either way.

I was at the game I wouldn’t say he had that good a game but by no means a bad game either.

Took his penalty well but perhaps should have done better with a headed chance in the first half. Clearly a decent player, starting for the national side next week? Na. 

For me I’d go -

Bain

Teirney McKenna Bates Robertson

McTominay McGregor

Forrest Armstrong Morgan/Russell

Burke

Can’t leave Teirney out as arguably one of our best players so I’d put him in there, although with Fraser out I guess there’s an argument to play him further on? But personally think he’d be less suited to that than right back.

McTominay in ahead of McGinn we were needing the same disciplined performances as he put in against Liverpool and PSG, he really looked the part. Kazakhstan will be no mugs but should be beatable, team full of Astana players that did okay against Celtic so need to have a bit of respect.

I’d go for Morgan on the wing, just for his pace and his first full cap buzz would have him flying, a total baller last year but injury probably held him back after a decent start at Celtic. Doing okay at Sunderland. Doubt he will start but it’s what I’d go with.

Burke uptops, as we need a vocal point like Fletcher in the Albania and Israel. Plus he’ll give us pace on the break.

Probably be f**k all like it

John McGinn has to start in this form. Armstrong out for him, as much as I like him, can’t not play McGinn he’s in superb form

No matter if Scotland play with a back 3 or 4 Tierney should be playing. He has looked pretty comfortable in a back 3 whenever I have seen him and if we are playing 4 then he should surely be right back due to others not being really of international standard. Its also his sheer will to win and attitude that drives others on which would be missed.

Sounds like McNulty's having a great game for Hibs today, the Sportsound guys calling for him to start... seem likely? 

I've never seem him play, so can't really say either way.
Marc McNulty's agent calling for Marc McNulty to start for Scotland is a real turn up for the books.

Marc McNulty's agent calling for Marc McNulty to start for Scotland is a real turn up for the books.
Who is his agent? But yeah just about every member of the Sportsound team championing him to start Vs Kazakhstan. Not against it but I think it'd be safer to use him from the bench - he's unproven beyond English League Two level (I know he's had a great start in the SPFL Prem, but it's more purple patch territory than a surefire marker of international suitability)

There would be uproar if McNulty had been called up from whatever generic no-mark side he’s currently at in England. A few decent games for Hibs doesn’t turn him into our automatic centre forward.

Obviously though when we’re without Griffiths, Fletcher and Naismith, Martin appears to be unfancied/retired, Phillips is injured.. McBurnie is the obvious choice but a doubt himself. So yeah, here we are. It’s McNulty or Burke.

“dental issue” lolwut

Also if McLeish has any balls he’ll tell McInnes that McKenna “just has to go in”. The sway that club managers have in international pull-outs these days is farcical.

Archived