Kazakhstan V Scotland

Enigma

Anybody else going? Should be an experience.

Anyway how will we be lining up?

Well we do our usual a f**k it against some minnows from the East?

For me I’d go -

Bain

Teirney McKenna Bates Robertson

McTominay McGregor

Forrest Armstrong Morgan/Russell

Burke

Can’t leave Teirney out as arguably one of our best players so I’d put him in there, although with Fraser out I guess there’s an argument to play him further on? But personally think he’d be less suited to that than right back.

McTominay in ahead of McGinn we were needing the same disciplined performances as he put in against Liverpool and PSG, he really looked the part. Kazakhstan will be no mugs but should be beatable, team full of Astana players that did okay against Celtic so need to have a bit of respect.

I’d go for Morgan on the wing, just for his pace and his first full cap buzz would have him flying, a total baller last year but injury probably held him back after a decent start at Celtic. Doing okay at Sunderland. Doubt he will start but it’s what I’d go with.

Burke uptops, as we need a vocal point like Fletcher in the Albania and Israel. Plus he’ll give us pace on the break.

Probably be f**k all like it

Weird hatred for Tierney here. The boy is a player. A wee w**k when he plays for Celtic, but a player nonetheless (and our wee w**k when he plays for Scotland).

I'll take the same team as stated by the OP, but I'd put McBurnie in for Burke (I don't know how good a hold-up man he is though) with Burke moving to the left. 

I have a thing in Edinburgh that night, so I'll be watching this in a pub in the capital. Any dece recommendations?

3 hours ago, velo army said:

Weird hatred for Tierney here. The boy is a player. A wee w**k when he plays for Celtic, but a player nonetheless (and our wee w**k when he plays for Scotland).

I'll take the same team as stated by the OP, but I'd put McBurnie in for Burke (I don't know how good a hold-up man he is though) with Burke moving to the left. 

I have a thing in Edinburgh that night, so I'll be watching this in a pub in the capital. Any dece recommendations?

Mind it's a 3pm kick off 

Only one person "hates" Tierney that has replied, and they deliberately post utter bullshit on here. So basically, there's absolutely no "hatred" for Tierney, at least as far as ability goes at least.

I do agree with the person who says we shouldn't be shoehorning him into the team though.

14 hours ago, Enigma said:

Anybody else going? Should be an experience.

Anyway how will we be lining up?

Well we do our usual a f**k it against some minnows from the East?

Aye - Flying out on Monday, and really looking forward to it!

bit frustrated with the rulings from Cardiff and Bournemouth re Fraser and Patterson not playing in Kazak because of the pitch - Fraser in particular is a loss

Bain will start, Robertson is a given. McKenna and Bates for me at CB, but could be Tierney or Souttar. ODonnell at RB.  McTominay on current form should start, alongside Armstrong. McGregor further forward, probably Russell in place of Fraser. Forrest starts wide right, and I would expect given the lack of options for McBurnie up top.

By all accounts McGinn has played brilliantly since he came back from suspension at the weekend. Maybe a slight chance he pushes into the starting 11...? I don't really want him as one of the deeper lying two though (assuming we play that way) but it might be hard for McLeish to ignore him.

I saw the last half hour of the Villa v Birmingham game at the weekend and he was making some great runs and passes. Saw the highlights of the Forest game too and he scored two great goals with only the post stopping a hat-trick.

It depends on how good we think Kazakhstan are I suppose, if we're expecting to defend a lot then I'm happy enough having Tierney RB but if it's a game we're wanting to control then unfortunately, good as he is, i'd leave him on the bench. I think he struggled to influence the games he played at RB for us in an attacking sense.

That said, I've never seen Palmer play and don't think O'Donnell has nailed down his place either so I'm on the fence.

Not sure that Morgan has hit the ground running at Sunderland so I'd have Russell or maybe Burke in at LW

Bain

Someone McKenna Bates Robertson 

McTominay McGregor 

Forrest Armstrong Russell/Burke

McBurnie

Edited by ilostmyself

Tierney while naturally not quite the marauding full back he is at LB acquitted himself well at RB during our unbeaten run in 2017 against the likes of England. He plays at RB every day of the week for me for as long as our other options are from the likes of Kilmarnock and as long as Andy Robertson breaths life.