Morton v The Wasps

Yet more tinpot incompetence from Iron Man. Still, I’m sure the path to sustainability can only be boosted by getting one of just two Saturday home games left postponed because you couldn’t be bothered to put covers down.

7 hours ago, virginton said:

Yet more tinpot incompetence from Iron Man. Still, I’m sure the path to sustainability can only be boosted by getting one of just two Saturday home games left postponed because you couldn’t be bothered to put covers down.

Always looking for someone to blame, and always  with 20-20 vision in hindsight. 

In case you weren't aware, brainiac, it's been a very wet few days in Inverclyde, coupled with snow overnight and into this morning. I'm no expert on grass and soil  maintenance but I'd imagine after a certain amount of water is on the pitch or in the soil putting covers down would be counter-productive as it would prevent any evaporation from taking place. 

In any event, if there Is anyone  to apportion blame to that would be the groundsman. Not the chief exec. But then why start now with letting facts get in the way of a rant, eh?? 

Edited to add  -  Eight senior  games postponed in Scotland today. The reason given for seven of them was "waterlogged pitch" and the reason for the eigth was "weather", which in the circumstances is most likely another way of saying" waterlogged pitch".  Are you proposing that Hawke be held to account for some or all of those other games too, as he would have had as much (or, rather, as little) to do with those postponements as he did with ours? 

2 hours ago, Scosha said:

Think that’s the first time in years we’ve had a game postponed due to a water logged pitch. 

Only going from top of my head here, but you’re going back 15 years to when East Stirling in the Scottish Cup was called off. Since that we had Celtic in the Scottish Cup in 2010 frozen off, and any others I can remember were due to the roads with the pitch being okay.

If the general condition of the pitch has been a factor here, it’s another argument for turfing the Celtic youth teams out to get fewer games played on it to allow it to recover.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Only going from top of my head here, but you’re going back 15 years to when East Stirling in the Scottish Cup was called off. Since that we had Celtic in the Scottish Cup in 2010 frozen off, and any others I can remember were due to the roads with the pitch being okay.

If the general condition of the pitch has been a factor here, it’s another argument for turfing the Celtic youth teams out to get fewer games played on it to allow it to recover.

Never mind, it gives you some time to rehearse your Victor Meldrew Tribute Act and possibly catch up on your personal grooming. There is always an upside.

Always looking for someone to blame, and always  with 20-20 vision in hindsight. 
In case you weren't aware, brainiac, it's been a very wet few days in Inverclyde, coupled with snow overnight and into this morning. I'm no expert on grass and soil  maintenance but I'd imagine after a certain amount of water is on the pitch or in the soil putting covers down would be counter-productive as it would prevent any evaporation from taking place. 
In any event, if there Is anyone  to apportion blame to that would be the groundsman. Not the chief exec. But then why start now with letting facts get in the way of a rant, eh?? 

Edited to add  -  Eight senior  games postponed in Scotland today. The reason given for seven of them was "waterlogged pitch" and the reason for the eigth was "weather", which in the circumstances is most likely another way of saying" waterlogged pitch".  Are you proposing that Hawke be held to account for some or all of those other games too, as he would have had as much (or, rather, as little) to do with those postponements as he did with ours? 

Too long; didn’t read.

8e5f9c0a-316e-4bf3-af3f-d3799b6c96e8.jpg

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Too long; didn’t read.

8e5f9c0a-316e-4bf3-af3f-d3799b6c96e8.jpg

As if.

We all know you read every single post on here,and not just on this forum. It’s what you do; you couldn’t bear to miss an opportunity to stir things up or slag someone off.

What you really mean, but can’t bring yourself to say, is that you can’t muster a decent riposte because there just isn’t one that could defend your position.

Pleasing.

18 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

As if.

We all know you read every single post on here,and not just on this forum. It’s what you do; you couldn’t bear to miss an opportunity to stir things up or slag someone off.

What you really mean, but can’t bring yourself to say, is that you can’t muster a decent riposte because there just isn’t one that could defend your position.

Pleasing.

I see Poundshop PhD boy is currently on the Morton Forum further evidencing his penchant for stalking ex-players  in the hope of finding bad news. What a twisted wee waster he is.

17 minutes ago, virginton said:

Ah yes, the Morton forum from which you got banned for launching an anti-Irish, racist tirade against an ex-player. Twisted indeed. 

That's a terrible, wee shame for you. 

image.jpeg.5a41b5bf8b6365a63ad479b861639f31.jpeg

You're just tinkering about with the facts again doc. 

8 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

As long as it's not a Champions league night. Always get the recording spoiled by someone broadcasting the result. 

Feck now scheduled for Tuesday 9th April at 7.45.

Archived