The League 1 Squeaky Bum Battle

Who will be automatically relegated?  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Still plenty of points to play for lads so this great thread has a bit of mileage in it yet. Even after yesterday the Mo are still not deffo out of it but maybe only itchy bums now instead of squeaky bums.

Stenny winning away at the Smokies and the Dumbo's even keeps them in with a shout.

"Your big team"
Do tell, please! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Just when you thought you couldn't be anymore of a slabbering mess, you don't disappoint (once again).

Did he actually find out that you're a Cardiff fan???
How???

19 hours ago, Frank conner said:

So the **** got beat oh no!

^^^ Nonce behaviour IMO.

Never really understood lower league fans dishing out the "hvns without the bus fare" patter. Aye, I've not got the bus fair to go the 20 odd mile to Ibrox but can afford the 200 mile round trip to Brechin. Weird how some peoples minds work.

Can understand it from Celtic, as their fans are a breed apart when it comes to paranoia and conspiracy theories,  but not really from a Raith Rovers fan who've been embroiled in the same downward death spiral that we have.

Edited by Pesadilla

14 hours ago, Pesadilla said:

^^^ Nonce behaviour IMO.

Never really understood lower league fans dishing out the "hvns without the bus fare" patter. Aye, I've not got the bus fair to go the 20 odd mile to Ibrox but can afford the 200 mile round trip to Brechin. Weird how some peoples minds work.

Can understand it from Celtic, as their fans are a breed species apart when it comes to paranoia and conspiracy theories,  but not really from a Raith Rovers fan who've been embroiled in the same downward death spiral that we have.

Thought "breed" associated them with human beings too much

A 4-team battle royale now for survival, Airdrieonians look to be in the clear for sure. Was good to see a bit more fight from us last night compared to Saturday at any rate.

From a Sons perspective, last night's Montrose win at Brechin was a real bonus.

3 of the bottom 4 are at home this weekend.

Sons v Brechin

Stenhousemuir v Raith

Stranraer v Forfar

Saturday is absolutely massive for us. It was always going to be, but the fact we haven't been able to pull away in two winnable home games so far makes it huge. 

An overdue victory coupled with results going for us elsewhere could put us five points (plus a considerably better goal difference that almost makes it six) clear of Stranraer in ninth with four games left. It might not be safety, but it would certainly let me sleep a little easier.

No doubt if we win then Stranraer and Stenny will both pick up three points too though, that seems to be how it's working this season!

9 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

No doubt if we win then Stranraer and Stenny will both pick up three points too though, that seems to be how it's working this season!

Stranraer will win on Saturday, Forfar have a horrific record at Stair Park.

20 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Stranraer will win on Saturday, Forfar have a horrific record at Stair Park.

You guys haven't been very helpful to us this year, especially given how nice I've been about McCallum and Reilly (:wub:) and the fact we gave you Brad Spencer.

Do us a favour on Saturday and we'll no doubt roll over and have our tummy tickled at Station Park again the following week.

3 of our final 5 games are at home. 2 of those home matches are against teams beneath us in the league.  If we can't comfortably prevail against that backdrop then we'll have fully deserved our hounding into League 2 - regardless of what happens elsewhere.

Now that the games in hand are caught up  is it worth projecting how the final 5 games will play out?....

Stenhousemuir

H to Raith - Lose (0 points)

A to Airdrie - Draw (1 point)

H to Forfar - Lose (0 points)

H to East Fife - Win (3 points)

A to Brechin - Lose (0 points)

Stranraer

A to Raith - Lose (0 points)

H to Brechin - Draw (1 point)

A to Dumbarton - Draw (1 point)

H to Airdrie - Lose (0 points)

Brechin

A to Dumbarton - Lose (0 points)

H to Arbroath - Lose (0 points)

A to Stranraer - Draw (1 point)

H to Stenhousemuir - Win (3 points)

Dumbarton

H to Brechin - Win (3 points)

A to Forfar - Lose (0 points)

H to Stranraer - Draw (1 point)

A to Arbroath - Win (3 points)

Final standings:

Dumbarton 45 points

Brechin 38 points

Stranraer 35 points

Stenhousemuir 35 points

Dumbarton I can see pulling away, compared to the other’s fixtures they have no Raith and no Arbroath until the league will be decided.

Therefore I can see the other 3 all sitting on 35 points going into the final day....

Can see us being relegated due to our horrendous negative goal difference racked up earlier in the season. Reckon it comes down to being away on the last day, reverse that fixture and there’s a chance we stay up but having Brechin have that last day shootout momentum/potential big crowd etc. at home could swing it.

Stranraer I see picking up the least points in the run-in but hanging on for the play-off spot due to something having to give in Brechin vs Warriors final day. 

Brechin I don’t see doing well points wise at all until that crucial last day. Just think the home advantage in the “shoot-out” final day be massive for them. 

Hope i’m wrong! Game on!....

6 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Now that the games in hand are caught up  is it worth projecting how the final 5 games will play out?....

Stenhousemuir

H to Raith - Lose (0 points)

A to Airdrie - Draw (1 point)

A to Brechin - Lose (0 points)

Stranraer

H to Brechin - Draw (1 point)

A to Dumbarton - Draw (1 point)

H to Airdrie - Lose (0 points)

Brechin

A to Dumbarton - Lose (0 points)

H to Arbroath - Lose (0 points)

A to Stranraer - Draw (1 point)

H to Stenhousemuir - Win (3 points)

Dumbarton

H to Brechin - Win (3 points)

A to Forfar - Lose (0 points)

H to Stranraer - Draw (1 point)

A to Arbroath - Win (3 points)

Final standings:

Dumbarton 45 points

Brechin 38 points

Stranraer 35 points

Stenhousemuir 35 points

Dumbarton I can see pulling away, compared to the other’s fixtures they have no Raith and no Arbroath until the league will be decided.

Therefore I can see the other 3 all sitting on 35 points going into the final day....

Can see us being relegated due to our horrendous negative goal difference racked up earlier in the season. Reckon it comes down to being away on the last day, reverse that fixture and there’s a chance we stay up but having Brechin have that last day shootout momentum/potential big crowd etc. at home could swing it.

Stranraer I see picking up the least points in the run-in but hanging on for the play-off spot due to something having to give in Brechin vs Warriors final day. 

Brechin I don’t see doing well points wise at all until that crucial last day. Just think the home advantage in the “shoot-out” final day be massive for them. 

Hope i’m wrong! Game on!....

If Brechin end up as you think it may pan out that will be a miracle we are absolute pish. Based on last night cannot see us getting anymore points it was truly dreadful,  nothing I witnessed   gave me any hope. I hope to be proved wrong but fear not. 

2 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

You guys haven't been very helpful to us this year, especially given how nice I've been about McCallum and Reilly (:wub:) and the fact we gave you Brad Spencer.

Do us a favour on Saturday and we'll no doubt roll over and have our tummy tickled at Station Park again the following week.

I’d definitely settle for Stenny and Stranraer getting a point each at the weekend. As long as they don’t win and we do I’ll be feeling a lot more relaxed.

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

If Brechin end up as you think it may pan out that will be a miracle we are absolute pish. Based on last night cannot see us getting anymore points it was truly dreadful,  nothing I witnessed   gave me any hope. I hope to be proved wrong but fear not. 

Despite our excellent play-off record I just don’t see us not shitting the bed if we have to go to Angus needing a result on the last day, so you might not even need to pick up any points before that to survive! 

What a fantastic end to the season at both ends.Apart from Arbroath who will surely win it at some point every side has something to play for.At the top end from what I've seen,if the Championship side can't win the play offs then they don't deserve to be in it,and if a League 1 side does manage it they will need some injection of cash as I Just don't see any of them being good enough.Maybe not another Brechin but my god there supporters better be ready for a few defeats,I think even Arbroath will struggle big time.As for the bottom,anyone of 4,my own team have got the ability to win 2 or 3 but it's going to be some month.Thankfully Max Currie is back this Saturday and although you couldn't blame the reserve kid for any defeat,the defence might be more confident.