The League 1 Squeaky Bum Battle

Who will be automatically relegated?  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Car54wherareyou said:

What a fantastic end to the season at both ends.Apart from Arbroath who will surely win it at some point every side has something to play for.At the top end from what I've seen,if the Championship side can't win the play offs then they don't deserve to be in it,and if a League 1 side does manage it they will need some injection of cash as I Just don't see any of them being good enough.Maybe not another Brechin but my god there supporters better be ready for a few defeats,I think even Arbroath will struggle big time.As for the bottom,anyone of 4,my own team have got the ability to win 2 or 3 but it's going to be some month.Thankfully Max Currie is back this Saturday and although you couldn't blame the reserve kid for any defeat,the defence might be more confident.

There's no doubt the Championship is a big step up but I don't think Arbroath have anything to fear.  If your team is well organised, like Arbroath, and hard working, like Arbroath, then by adding a player or two with quality you can make a good fist of staying in that league.  Arbroath probably have one of the most settled teams in the lower leagues, I think that will see them do quite well if they keep that bunch together. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/03/2019 at 09:32, The Moonster said:

Chance missed for Stranraer last night, looking at their form (only 1 win in last 10 league games) it's going to be difficult for them to pick themselves up after that. Brechin now on a good run and will be looking for momentum to take them through.  Huge weekend ahead of us.

If last nights performance is anything to go by, I can't see Brechin picking up any more points. They looked like a team who are doomed. No leadership, no passion, no fight.

Having played the other teams in the mix up recently, they all look better than Brechin.

I really hope Brechin stay up for an easy away day and 12 easy points but , sorry lads, just can't see it  

31 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There's no doubt the Championship is a big step up but I don't think Arbroath have anything to fear.  If your team is well organised, like Arbroath, and hard working, like Arbroath, then by adding a player or two with quality you can make a good fist of staying in that league.  Arbroath probably have one of the most settled teams in the lower leagues, I think that will see them do quite well if they keep that bunch together. 

I think the age factor for Arbroath might be an issue Moonster,quite an ageing squad,but sources tell me that Arbroath have one or two behind the scenes who might be prepared to inject some cash,lucky b#### we have no such sugar daddy's.

39 minutes ago, Car54wherareyou said:

I think the age factor for Arbroath might be an issue Moonster,quite an ageing squad,but sources tell me that Arbroath have one or two behind the scenes who might be prepared to inject some cash,lucky b#### we have no such sugar daddy's.

It's a fair point, you need experience going up there though, the likes of Bobby Linn, Jason Thomson and Thomas O'Brien will be invaluable to them up there. If they can add some younger guys perhaps dropping out of full-time football with a point to prove then you never know. 

I don't think I've ever had a red neck for someone else in my life.This is a first, embarrassed for someone else on a football forum [emoji85][emoji85]

"First"???
Frank has been posting for quite a while now!!!

Swankie and Linn are our only 2 'old' players at 35 and 33, Thomson/McCord are 30/31 but everyone else is under 30 aside from Kader and Hill, who will most definitely get punted.

I fear for us too, however I have hope in the back of my mind that DC will want us competing next season and will pull off a few gems. Our most played starting line up and there ages

Jamieson 28

Thomson 31

Little 29

ToB 28

Hamilton 26

Gold 26

Whatley 28

Swankie 35

Linn 33

McKenna 28

Wallace 28

No really sure that's ageing, most in their primes...

Hopefully we add some pace and quality in forward areas. What we lack Linn aside. IF we go up. Could be some amount of wonga in it for us If both Dundee clubs are in the league. 2-3k away fans for 4 games. Fwiw if we do win the league in the next couple of games anyone playing us in the last 3 has a great chance, incredible how much our foots come off the gas since beating Raith away. Night and day.

39 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fwiw if we do win the league in the next couple of games anyone playing us in the last 3 has a great chance, incredible how much our foots come off the gas since beating Raith away. Night and day.

Your form had dipped before that game at Starks already, you were 2 wins in 6 before that game.  Your form hasn’t really been the same since our game at Gayfield in December. 11 wins in 13 before that game 5 wins in 13 since. 

Only natural for the intensity to drop when you build up such a lead. That run in the second quarter of the season won the league for Arbroath. I don’t think there’s much between any of the teams in this league on their day which has been shown the second half of the season.

That period of consistency for Arbroath has proved impossible for anyone to match, even themselves. 

Arbroath’s current side would clearly struggle in the Championship but it always amuses me when other fans try to shoot down another teams chance in the league above in April as if they can’t improve the team. The current Arbroath team will not be the one which starts the first game of next season. 

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Swankie and Linn are our only 2 'old' players at 35 and 33, Thomson/McCord are 30/31 but everyone else is under 30 aside from Kader and Hill, who will most definitely get punted.

I fear for us too, however I have hope in the back of my mind that DC will want us competing next season and will pull off a few gems. Our most played starting line up and there ages

Jamieson 28

Thomson 31

Little 29

ToB 28

Hamilton 26

Gold 26

Whatley 28

Swankie 35

Linn 33

McKenna 28

Wallace 28

No really sure that's ageing, most in their primes...

Hopefully we add some pace and quality in forward areas. What we lack Linn aside. IF we go up. Could be some amount of wonga in it for us If both Dundee clubs are in the league. 2-3k away fans for 4 games. Fwiw if we do win the league in the next couple of games anyone playing us in the last 3 has a great chance, incredible how much our foots come off the gas since beating Raith away. Night and day.

Excuse me, this is the squeaky bum thread, not the how will Arbroath do in the Championship thread :P

On 4/3/2019 at 10:13, Christophe said:

Dumbarton I can see pulling away, compared to the other’s fixtures they have no Raith and no Arbroath until the league will be decided.

Therefore I can see the other 3 all sitting on 35 points going into the final day....

5ca8cdb0524f5_2019-04-0616_56_32.thumb.png.b5c565339968a3bc7205ed8e961b9972.png

Excuse me, this is the squeaky bum thread, not the how will Arbroath do in the Championship thread [emoji14]

Only interjected because of car54 to be fair

We will beat Brechin for you then take our foot off the gas [emoji12]

Archived