The League 1 Squeaky Bum Battle

Who will be automatically relegated?  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure. Resigned to bottom two after today, but we played well again and on another day would have won comfortably. We have had too many days like today. Just wasn’t to be. But if we do finish 9th we will hopefully go in to a playoff with a fighting chance.

8 hours ago, beaver1 said:

Not sure. Resigned to bottom two after today, but we played well again and on another day would have won comfortably. We have had too many days like today. Just wasn’t to be. But if we do finish 9th we will hopefully go in to a playoff with a fighting chance.

Think stats might suggest otherwise.

1 hour ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Just looking at the Brechin fixtures they have left,very hard for them to stay off bottom spot.

We are usually fine with the difficult ones , especially Raith.  It's the teams round about us we struggle with .......oh and Montrose as well .

On 13/03/2019 at 15:09, The Moonster said:

I thought about it, but I honestly think Montrose will be okay - that extra point is all the difference :P 

If anyone seriously wants to vote for them though I'll add them to the poll

Montrose have beaten city 3 x this season already and probably only the snow stopped them making it four. On that basis there's no way they will finish below us and by extension it's probably more or less mathematically impossible for them to end up in the bottom two

Tighter than a nuns chuff at the bottom now with Brechin winning at East Fife, Stranraer picking up a point against Arbroath and Dumbarton reverting to early season form and falling to a humping at Raith.

A huge week of fixtures this week - Brechin make the trip to Stranraer tomorrow night whilst Stenny travel to Dumbarton at the weekend. Two home wins in those fixtures and it looks difficult for Brechin and Stenny to claw things back, but two away wins and it's a fucking free-for-all. 

Beating Forfar on Saturday was a big result for us.  For all our form has been utterly stinking since the Celtic game, that's two wins and a defeat in the last three.   Beat Brechin on Saturday and we should be about fine.  Beat Dumbarton in the re-arranged game and we could even, incredibly, be looking at the promotion payoffs with EF in the next game... but while none of those results are wildly improbably, this team doesn't look like it's very likely to go on a run of three or four consecutive wins.  Unless...

I don't think we're in any real danger TBH. Of course it's not mathematically impossible, but it'd be an extraordinary turn of events to see four teams overtake us and send us down to the bottom tier. Even the downward playoff is pretty unlikely and if we were to take a point from Brechin and another from the away game at Dumbarton, we'd be home and hosed.

I want to see the back of Stenny. They've been a byword for shite since records began and have become a yardstick as to how bad we are as a club at the moment. That and they continually take points from us. From the remainder, I'd like to get shot of Dumbarton as there would be some hilarity involved in reading what their fans have to say, but that's not likely either. Brechin always bring the cast of cocoon to Airdrie and come to the boozer in reasonable numbers. It's nice to watch the locals ponder as to why an Urquart tour has just alighted in Airdrie, so for that reason I'd like to keep them. Stranraer is a good trip on the bus, but the town is shite.

Obviously I hope Stranraer stay up.  Of the rest, I'd like to lose a few Angus clubs from this league...too many miles on my old banger and they bring no more than a handful to us, so our attendance figures are really being clobbered compared to them, on an already impossibly low budget.  So, Peterhead to have a sudden wobble to the end of the season, tumbling into the play-off position and failing!  Edinburgh City to come up and Stenny down automatically.  Brechin to go down and Annan to come up through the play-offs.  At the other end, Arbroath and Forfar to go up and Partick and Alloa to come down. 

League One next season (in alphabetical order, lol):

Airdrie

Alloa

Annan

Dumbarton

East Fife

Edinburgh City

Montrose

Partick Thistle

Raith

Stranraer

There, that's cut a few thousand miles from next year's travelling and increased our attendance.  Thank you!

On 3/25/2019 at 13:46, The Moonster said:

Tighter than a nuns chuff at the bottom now with Brechin winning at East Fife, Stranraer picking up a point against Arbroath and Dumbarton reverting to early season form and falling to a humping at Raith.

A huge week of fixtures this week - Brechin make the trip to Stranraer tomorrow night whilst Stenny travel to Dumbarton at the weekend. Two home wins in those fixtures and it looks difficult for Brechin and Stenny to claw things back, but two away wins and it's a fucking free-for-all. 

I did worry the Airdrie postponement might f**k us a bit by knocking our momentum and putting extra pressure on us if we lost to Raith. Looking at everyone's fixtures, I'm not even sure 40 points will be enough to be safe.

Edited by FifeSons