The League 1 Squeaky Bum Battle

Who will be automatically relegated?  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dumbarton, Airdrie and Montrose are all safe. Dumbarton might have been in real trouble if we weren’t their bitches mind you.

Stenny have hit a bit of form at the right time and so long as McGuigan can stay fit they have a proven goal scorer and also have a stronger defence with Munro and Marsh.

I think it’s between Brechin and Stranraer for the bottom 2 and with the sides still to play each other twice those games will be crucial. Just glad we aren’t involved in any relegation issue.

I think Stenhousemuir will finish the season in eighth. Since the signing of Andy Munro in late January (and David Marsh, to an extent), we've lost once out of our last seven league matches and generally look like a far more solid. The addition of Greg Hurst has brought a different dimension to our forward line and has alleviated the burden on Mark McGuigan.

Stenny have to beat Stranraer on Saturday, of course, because any other result would completely negate the previous paragraph.

The Blues and Brechin City will occupy the bottom two places. I've seen us take on Stranraer once and thought we were well beaten; I've seen us play Brechin twice and thought they were dreadful. The last encounter between the sides saw Stenny reduced to 10 men after 25 minutes and then nine men with 20 to go, and they still couldn't get the better of us. Absolutely pathetic.

My totally unresearched prediction based on the remaining fixtures, looks very close and a couple of  points going either way could change the order

6 (5?) Dumbarton 34 13 47
7 Airdrieonians 34 6 40
8 Stenhousemuir 28 9 37
9 Stranraer 29 6 35
10 Brechin 28 5 33

Dumbarton - They'll be fine. Got a decent wee points cushion now and on terrific form. I think they'll end up 5th, closer to 4th than 9th in terms of points.

Montrose - Should be fine as well. Stuttering a bit recently but have the advantage of the biggest points cushion and i think they're good enough not be overtaken by four teams.

Airdrie - Honking form and in danger. They've been good against us so it's hard to see why they're in such bother. I still think they'll have enough to go on a decent enough run at some point and get themselves safe.

Stenny - Seem to have hit form at the right time. Coming very close to taking 6 points from trips to Gayfield and Bayview is excellent. Seem to have made the best squad improvements of the bottom three and I think they'll overtake both Brechin and Stranraer.

Stranraer - On the basis of their games against us, a good attacking team but soft as shite basically. Not great for a relegation run in. on their day, should be able to give anyone a game, which is why i'm putting them above Brechin.

Brechin - Solid enough but well documented problems scoring. I can see a couple of potential wins ending up draws, leaving them in the automatic relegation spot.

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:09, The Moonster said:

I thought about it, but I honestly think Montrose will be okay - that extra point is all the difference :P 

Anything can happen, mathematically I still think we're three or four points away from absolute safety (could be one of those rare seasons where 40+ might be needed), but with Brechin/Stenny/Stranraer our next three games I'm 90% sure we can get them.

I reckon those three will end up 8/9/10, but not sure which order in. 

Edited by Scorge

5 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Anything can happen, mathematically I still think we're three or four points away from absolute safety (could be one of those rare seasons where 40+ might be needed), but with Brechin/Stenny/Stranraer our next three games I'm 90% sure we can get them.

I reckon those three will end up 8/9/10, but not sure which order in. 

Normally I would argue our case but sadly I think you are right. 

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Ffs hedgy, if anyone was going to come on and show a bit of optimism for the cause, I'd have had my money on you or[mention=10146]RedintheBed[/mention]

Things must be bad.

Aye. Things don't look good. We were 2-0 up last week and as soon as Farfar scored it was backs to the wall.  

We got away with that down at Airdrie but that seems to be the tactic now.   Confidence is  low it seems. 

3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

If I didn't know better, if guess you'd appointed #StevieAitkenTacticalGenuis as manager. Sounds so familiar.

Seems to be the general run of the mill tactical system that most managers adopt these days Free flowing attacking football ??  f**k no , lets drive the fans away with negative pish.