The League 1 Squeaky Bum Battle

Who will be automatically relegated?  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We're now at 8 games to go for everyone except for Brechin and Stranraer who are still to play their match. Incredible really that any 2 from 5 could go down here with 6 points separating them. The run in for each team looks like this:

STENHOUSEMUIR
H - Stranraer
A - Montrose
A - Dumbarton
H - Raith
A - Airdrie
H - Forfar
H - East Fife
A - Brechin

STRANRAER
A - Stenhousemuir
H - Arbroath
A - Montrose
H - Forfar
A - Raith
H - Brechin
A - Dumbarton
H - Airdrie

BRECHIN
H - Montrose
A - East Fife
H - Airdrie
A - Dumbarton
H - Arbroath
A - Stranraer
A - Raith
H - Stenhousemuir

AIRDRIE
A - Dumbarton
H - Forfar
A - Brechin
H - East Fife
H - Stenhousemuir
A - Montrose
H - Arbroath
A - Stranraer

DUMBARTON
H - Airdrie
A - Raith
H - Stenhousemuir
H - Brechin
A - Forfar
H - East Fife
H - Stranraer
A - Arbroath

I've sat here for 10 or 15 minutes now trying to work out who's got the best of it but genuinely anything could fucking happen here. Frightening. If your arse isn't twitching you're a liar.

Cast your votes!

Ooh an early surge of voting for Airdrie to wind up in the Playoff place. :o

Every team can beat each other in League 1, I think Stenny have something about them, Stranraer & Brechin especially, look precarious.

We need to keep our good recent form going.

I genuinely think we might have to win our four league games with Airdrie, Brechin, Stenny and Stranraer to stay up. My head is saying that we've got a decent amount of quality, a good manager and look to have finally hit a bit of form. My heart is saying that we're going down because I'm a miserable person.

I have to say that Brechin and Stranraer look pretty poor both on paper, and in real life. Then again both have beaten us twice...So what's to  stop them doing the same to the teams around them? Brechin are totally uninspiring and, Jackson aside, seem to have very little going forward. Stranraer have such a young team that, under pressure, they'll either thrive or make silly mistakes and fall away.

Stenny have an excellent goalkeeper, an excellent centre-forward and seem to have sorted their defensive wobbles. I had thought that they might be goosed a few months ago, but now I kind of fancy them to survive. Smith and McGuigan can be the difference between one and three points. Both would get in most sides in this division.

That leaves Airdrie. I'll report back after Saturday, but maybe they could take everyone (their fans aside) by surprise and sleepwalk into the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

We're now at 8 games to go for everyone except for Brechin and Stranraer who are still to play their match. Incredible really that any 2 from 5 could go down here with 6 points separating them. The run in for each team looks like this:

STENHOUSEMUIR
H - Stranraer
A - Montrose
A - Dumbarton
H - Raith
A - Airdrie
H - Forfar
H - East Fife
A - Brechin

STRANRAER
A - Stenhousemuir
H - Arbroath
A - Montrose
H - Forfar
A - Raith
H - Brechin
A - Dumbarton
H - Airdrie

BRECHIN
H - Montrose
A - East Fife
H - Airdrie
A - Dumbarton
H - Arbroath
A - Stranraer
A - Raith
H - Stenhousemuir

AIRDRIE
A - Dumbarton
H - Forfar
A - Brechin
H - East Fife
H - Stenhousemuir
A - Montrose
H - Arbroath
A - Stranraer

DUMBARTON
H - Airdrie
A - Raith
H - Stenhousemuir
H - Brechin
A - Forfar
H - East Fife
H - Stranraer
A - Arbroath

I've sat here for 10 or 15 minutes now trying to work out who's got the best of it but genuinely anything could fucking happen here. Frightening. If your arse isn't twitching you're a liar.

Cast your votes!

Should Montrose maybe included as well? They are only a point better off than ourself and Airdrieonians?

Dumbarton will finish above Montrose in 5th pretty comfortably not sure why they have been included and Montrose haven't. Dumbarton have a good squad of players and won't even be in the discussion. Some of their fans making out as though they are in the mix is cute.

Dom Thomas makes the cliche 'one man doesn't make a team' look silly.Reminds me of the boy May on loan at Alloa several years ago and almost single handedly took them into the Championship.Dumbarton will be nowhere near Relegation,the other 5 will be close,although the worst 2 we have played are Brechin and Stenny so on that basis these are my selections

Dom Thomas makes the cliche 'one man doesn't make a team' look silly.Reminds me of the boy May on loan at Alloa several years ago and almost single handedly took them into the Championship.Dumbarton will be nowhere near Relegation,the other 5 will be close,although the worst 2 we have played are Brechin and Stenny so on that basis these are my selections

Dom Thomas gets the headlines and has been unplayable in recent weeks but he isn't the only one who has been performing well. Craig Barr, Stuart Carswell, Cammy Ballantyne, David Ferguson and Bobby Barr have all been superb. You also have Ross Forbes and Calum Gallagher consistently playing well and chipping in with goals.

We had Dom Thomas running the show pre Christmas and we were utterly attrocious as a team 90% of the time.

Edited to add - that's fairly impressive feat from Stevie May considering he was only with Alloa for 1 season in the old 3rd Division.

1 hour ago, lionel wickson said:

Should Montrose maybe included as well? They are only a point better off than ourself and Airdrieonians?

I thought about it, but I honestly think Montrose will be okay - that extra point is all the difference :P 

If anyone seriously wants to vote for them though I'll add them to the poll.

40 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Dumbarton will finish above Montrose in 5th pretty comfortably not sure why they have been included and Montrose haven't. Dumbarton have a good squad of players and won't even be in the discussion. Some of their fans making out as though they are in the mix is cute.

I included Dumbarton because we're on the same points (and goal difference) as Airdrie who I'm sure are still considered "in the mix" by just about everyone.  We lose to Airdrie on Saturday and we're very much in the mix.

Stranraer and Brechin have both been far far tougher opponents than Dumbarton this season.

Montrose though are a class above again.

Dumbarton and Stenhousemuir are probably the same

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

STENHOUSEMUIR
H - Stranraer
A - Montrose
A - Dumbarton
H - Raith
A - Airdrie
H - Forfar
H - East Fife
A - Brechin

STRANRAER
A - Stenhousemuir
H - Arbroath
A - Montrose
H - Forfar
A - Raith
H - Brechin
A - Dumbarton
H - Airdrie

BRECHIN
H - Montrose
A - East Fife
H - Airdrie
A - Dumbarton
H - Arbroath
A - Stranraer
A - Raith
H - Stenhousemuir

AIRDRIE
A - Dumbarton
H - Forfar
A - Brechin
H - East Fife
H - Stenhousemuir
A - Montrose
H - Arbroath
A - Stranraer

DUMBARTON
H - Airdrie
A - Raith
H - Stenhousemuir
H - Brechin
A - Forfar
H - East Fife
H - Stranraer
A - Arbroath

Cast your votes!

Absolutely delighted to see that Montrose are not included in the poll but don't count us out yet.

If we get 0 points from our next 2 games we are well and truly in the mix.

5 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Stranraer and Airdrie are bottom over the last 6 games and Stranraer have only 1 win in the last 10.

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=12&season=16

It is nit picking but Airdrieonians are not in that fishy table. I only hope they can update the data base. As far as relegation goes I am really worried about our recent slide. We have also lost twice to Brechin and Stenny, but seem able to beat Stranraer and Montrose. My guess is we will sneak through but it could be close. I got my L1 predictions way wrong at start of season but I will go for Stenhousemuir in 10th/ Brechin in 9th.