Aberdeen v Livingston

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a 1-0 eyebleeder every day of the week. Hopefully he keeps the defensive unit together as i always feel that’s key for stability. Cosgrove in for Campbell (or Ferguson) and maybe swap out one of the wingers depending on who’s fit. Stevie May and Cosgrove back together again.

Last time we were at Pittodrie, we were completely dominated in the second half and were lucky to hang in for as long as we did. Even though there was a foul in the buildup to the winner, we still deserved to lose that one.

Normally I'd be happy with a point in this one, but we need a win if we have any hopes of reaching the top 6. 

2-1 Livi. Two super Stevie Lawson thunderfucks into the top corner from 25 yards.

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

Last time we were at Pittodrie, we were completely dominated in the second half and were lucky to hang in for as long as we did. Even though there was a foul in the buildup to the winner, we still deserved to lose that one.

Normally I'd be happy with a point in this one, but we need a win if we have any hopes of reaching the top 6. 

2-1 Livi. Two super Stevie Lawson thunderfucks into the top corner from 25 yards.

The corner for the winning goal came off an Aberdeen player too, should've been a 2-2 draw.

Anyhoo, unless our shite away form has a dramatic change I can't see us winning this one, might manage to scrape a draw though.

49 minutes ago, orco said:

Aberdeen are the only team we haven't taken points off this season. With our away form I can't see that changing on Saturday TBH. ^_^

You have seen our home form? I'd say you have as good a chance as you'll ever have.

Just now, thruthenight said:

What madness is this? Bryne/Lawson as wing backs? Dropping Halkett & Gallagher?

Byrne/Lawson as DMs as we've been playing in the last few games

De Vita and Sibbald filling in the usual wing back roles

Gallagher and Halkett are off, no point in even playing them

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Byrne/Lawson as DMs as we've been playing in the last few games

De Vita and Sibbald filling in the usual wing back roles

Gallagher and Halkett are off, no point in even playing them

So is Brown. I'd play them simply for the 240k prize money difference between 6th and 9th. If we had their direct replacements in the club waiting on the bench, it would be worth it but not just to give Brown more game time. 

Can’t believe anyone would even consider dropping Halks and Gallagher because they are leaving in the summer...that’s football, especially at a small club. 

The prize money alone is a reason to keep playing them, difference between finishing 9th and 7th is a few Ks more, but they have been great for us, don’t deserve not to play because they have sorted themselves out for next season, not like they’ve been poor and their attitudes have changed either, they have been giving 100%. 

Tough game this, Aberdeen have deservedly beaten us twice this season already, 

Be nice to take something from this to improve on our away form, I’d drop Keags and being Byrne back into the side, think Keags has been sloppy the last couple of games. 

I reckon we’ll stick with the 4,2,3,1 and keep Robbo up top. 

41 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Can’t believe anyone would even consider dropping Halks and Gallagher because they are leaving in the summer...that’s football, especially at a small club. 

The prize money alone is a reason to keep playing them, difference between finishing 9th and 7th is a few Ks more, but they have been great for us, don’t deserve not to play because they have sorted themselves out for next season, not like they’ve been poor and their attitudes have changed either, they have been giving 100%. 

Tough game this, Aberdeen have deservedly beaten us twice this season already, 

Be nice to take something from this to improve on our away form, I’d drop Keags and being Byrne back into the side, think Keags has been sloppy the last couple of games. 

I reckon we’ll stick with the 4,2,3,1 and keep Robbo up top. 

If we're dropping anyone surely it's Sibbald? Thought Keaghan has been great the last few games tbh.

It's about putting the club first, even give Clark a game at the back alongside Lithgow and Odoffin. If they don't want to be here that's fine but we need to try prepare for next season now and that doesn't include Halkett and Gallagher. No way we're making top 6 so let's be smart and organise a bit better.

12 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

If we're dropping anyone surely it's Sibbald? Thought Keaghan has been great the last few games tbh.

It's about putting the club first, even give Clark a game at the back alongside Lithgow and Odoffin. If they don't want to be here that's fine but we need to try prepare for next season now and that doesn't include Halkett and Gallagher. No way we're making top 6 so let's be smart and organise a bit better.

Disagree, think Sibbald has been better than Keags in the last two games, Keags has been very sloppy for me. 

I know what you’re saying but there is still a lot of money to play for in terms of 7th, 8th, 9th, talking a few thousand K’s which helps prepare for next season better. 

Halkett and Gallagher will play and rightly so. 

Replacements will likely be brought in for Halkett and Gallagher next season so until then the two of them deserve to play. Both stuck with us through some barren times. They move on to a likely  better wage with my goodwill.

Brown has not impressed me so far. He cannae head a ball and doesn't read the game well enough. I'm not fussed about who else plays in midfield as long as Pittman is there. I'd have any two of Robinson, Hardie and Erskine up front.

This might be the game Raffa finally makes his first appearance in, all his goals were away from home last season too and it would be great if he got another one that helped get us something. Halkett and Gallagher will be playing, i'd be shocked if they weren't. If Byrne is starting and we're needing to drop someone in midfield then Keags may be the best bet, he's been giving the ball away a lot the last few games, maybe needs a wee rest.

22 hours ago, orco said:

Aberdeen are the only team we haven't taken points off this season. With our away form I can't see that changing on Saturday TBH. ^_^

Bought my nephew a season ticket for Christmas. The only home game he has missed is the QOTS game.

You won't lose. He's shite luck.

Archived