Perth Saints v Paisley Saints

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

"Matching" us last night probably just enforces the fact St Mirren are doomed, that's the worst home performance I can remember for years, and probably worse than we played in our recent loss against Livingston. 

Cant see how you can find any positives in your performance at all.

Image result for yawn gif

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you weren't really unlucky though which is the point. We took the one chance we had(we didn't even create it) and you didn't, you had 77 minutes to get back into the game and put us in no real danger. That was was with us playing a centre back who looked like he'd never seen a football before and showing zero ambition for much of the second half.

14 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I've been to the three league games v Kilmarnock and all were narrow 1 goal defeats. While we deserved to lose at RP, we were desperately unlucky to get nothing from both games at SMP.

Yet you lost all three games.

Difference between a good team and a relegated team.  I'd like St Mirren to stay up as it's piss easy to get to and usually 3 points but you are soft as shite and I think you'll go down without a whimper. 

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Same as the Kilmarnock game, we were pretty toothless when we got to the final third.

McAllister is off the boil, Lyons hasn't offered much.

With Erhahon suspended maybe is the time to go old fashioned 4-4-2

the only time in the last game against us you threatened when you went two up front in last 15 mins. Cant understand why you would have started with 1 up last night when really needing a win

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Same as the Kilmarnock game, we were pretty toothless when we got to the final third.

McAllister is off the boil, Lyons hasn't offered much.

With Erhahon suspended maybe is the time to go old fashioned 4-4-2

Let's hope we play with 2 up top. I'm really not sure why we're persisting with the current formation. 

*insert Garry O'Connor GIF*

That was a tough watch. Thought Saints were rubbish throughout and not many would get pass marks. 

St Mirren need(ed) to win games like that when they are down the bottom of the league but didn't really come close. 

I really don't like when we play a back three and don't enjoy watching us in that shape at all. 

If you're winning games then you can talk about how good you are. But if you're continually not picking up wins, that means you're simply not good enough to do so. It goes beyond luck when it's happening so often.

People were saying the same about Brechin at times last season, mostly in the first quarter and a bit of the season. Looking competitive. They were absolutely fucking shite though and didn't win a single game. They weren't unlucky in that early going. They were just shite.

the only time in the last game against us you threatened when you went two up front in last 15 mins. Cant understand why you would have started with 1 up last night when really needing a win
Especially as the games against Killie and last night were effectively 'free hits'.

We have ended up with 0 points and now don't really have the right to start with a 5-4-1 at home against our relegation rivals.

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

*insert Garry O'Connor GIF*

That was a tough watch. Thought Saints were rubbish throughout and not many would get pass marks. 

St Mirren need(ed) to win games like that when they are down the bottom of the league but didn't really come close. 

I really don't like when we play a back three and don't enjoy watching us in that shape at all. 

This. Playing that shape means our forward momentum on the wings had to be carried by Foster and Tanser. We actually looked more dangerous when Kerr ended up pushing forward... That formation means we end up with three battlers in the centre of midfield, especially if Wotherspoon and Alston are missing. Our only real ball player in the attacking sense last night was Kennedy, who I felt was somewhat below par.

That said, if TW's intention was to set us up not to shit the bed that certainly worked, and we can only hope the fact of winning gives the team a boost. We'll need to improve markedly if we're to get anything at Motherwell.

4 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Why are people calling that a Panenka? He doesn't even remotely go under the ball for a chip.

Just a shite PK.

See you next season skunks.

Are we getting relegated 2 divisions for being especially shite this season? 

Ballsy posting here from fans of a team sitting five points clear of a relegation playoff spot in the Championship. Us being utterly fucking abject in the top flight is the best thing to happen to Morton in about 35 years.

On the game: just saw the penalty award - that was soft as shite anyway and I'd be raging if that was given against us.

3 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

I'm talking to the moron who thinks who someone supports has any bearing on whether they should comment on another team.

:lol: It wasn't clear because you called me deluded for thinking we were unlucky, but I'd never claimed that. I also haven't said you can't comment: just called you all ballsy for doing so when your own team is fucking dire.

It's been a while - couple of years, in fact - since our matchday threads were crawling with Ton fans. Can't imagine what's changed :(

Of course you're welcome to comment; just as I'm welcome to point out how shite Morton (still) are when you do. 

How a team is doing also has no bearing on whether fans should comment. Because it is completely irrelevant. Infact, I'd argue that supporting a shite team puts me in a fairly good position to talk about other shite teams.

Just now, Principal Flutie said:

How a team is doing also has no bearing on whether fans should comment.

Cool story mate. Just show me where I said you shouldn't comment, and show me where I said Saints were unlucky, and we can all move on with our day.

I can save you some time, if you want: neither has happened.

Archived