Perth Saints v Paisley Saints

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Don't get the complaints from fellow buds here.

It now gives us a full 2 weeks to get McGinn and Magennis back to fitness before the Dundee game. We should absolutely reject any notion of playing this fixture next Saturday though as we could potentially have Nazon, McAllister, McGinn and Magennis all available for selection by time this is rightfully rearranged on a weekday night in April, none of whom would be available to play next week.

All in all, it's not really a bad outcome for us.

I'm delighted it's off. Our midfield was down to the bare bones v Killie and a wee break before the 3 games then the split might be just what is needed.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a good day for either team. Hibs winning ends our top six hopes, while Hamilton going seven clear is a blow for bottom placed side St Mirren. 

39 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Not only is he more reactionary than you, he’s also a fucking Tory, why on earth would I follow him? 

I don't have Twitter, but my searching for delicious, nourishing St Mirren tears on the official tweet about the game being cancelled, let me down that dreary road.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Does he still post on here?

Only if you say (type) his name three times in a row.

5 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Absolute nonsense. Our midfield under Jack Ross was far better than any of the current possible combinations.

Specsavers can help you mate. McGinn , McGinnis Tans the enforcer is what we have missed since Goodwin.  Phisical teams run all over us under Ross. 

6 hours ago, ali_91 said:

I blame you for feeding my morbid curiosity. What a state to get yourself in. 

EAEEE030-90DA-42FE-9D7A-62D789D8F8EA.jpeg

DE9BD99E-6FB6-4CB0-BAE9-74F3BA05307C.jpeg

I say fair play to him for caring that much about a nothing Saints v buddies late season game.  Top 6 is gone, and who really gives a f**k whether st Mirren go down or not?

If they do, they'll likely come back up sometime over the next few seasons, if they don't then likewise they'll get relegated sometime over the next few seasons anyway.

Could just call it a 1-1 draw and save everyone the bother 

Ah, pot and kettle. We'd probably have brought close to a thousand today, and there was a family bus coming up given St Johnstone's excellent family prices. Kids have been looking forward to it all week and I'm now sat in a soft play. FFS St Johnstone, it better not be rescheduled for a school night.
Bus needed for your family eh?

Paisley benefits scrounger found.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Certainly is

SAINTS-CELTIC.jpg.eb389e1ae90a96ae146feb60fcc7fbe8.jpg

The old board were responsible for that sell out. Not relevant to not being able to get a game of football played though , is it ? 

Really not happy.

Wanted a longer delay so we could get McGinn and Magennis back.  And not have this fixture just before Dundee. Worst possible timing; Dundee rested, and us with a tough midweek fixture.

And even worse if McAllister is going to be missing.

Why on earth did we agree to this.

3 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Really not happy.

Wanted a longer delay so we could get McGinn and Magennis back.  And not have this fixture just before Dundee. Worst possible timing; Dundee rested, and us with a tough midweek fixture.

And even worse if McAllister is going to be missing.

Why on earth did we agree to this.

Oran did not want it the club should be fighting this. The Duck is not back till Wednesday and from a different time zone. 

7 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Oran did not want it the club should be fighting this. The Duck is not back till Wednesday and from a different time zone. 

TBH, if we are going to be without two really important players because of international duties, we’d have been as well playing it this weekend so we at least had a full week’s rest.

As it is we’ll have St J away, then Dundee and Celtic all within 7 days.

I presume any chance of fighting this has gone now though?

21 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Ffs more fucking crying by these c***s. Have some  fucking self respect.

Leaving the hilarious banter aside, I think fans of any club in our position would be right to be annoyed about this.

Timing really could not be any worse.

Leaves us without four first team players that we potentially might otherwise have had, and also playing a game three days before we play the biggest game of our season - against a rested rival.

Archived