• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Saint Mirren win.  A carnival of sexy football will result in the Fermers getting blown away.

Ducky and Jackson to get two each.  

Still can't bring myself to support one of the 'erse cheeks even against Dungdee.  

1 hour ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Still can't bring myself to support one of the 'erse cheeks even against Dungdee.  

Admirable but ridiculous logic. I’d be blaring the Rebs if the situation was reversed. 

St Johnstone will roll over to help relegate us.
Hope so

Elvis predicting a St Mirren loss , feck me that's a surprise.  

It’s not exactly a bold prediction.

f**k St Mirren

c***s.

That was an absolute shocker

Andrew Dallas is the ref for Saturday.  Fecking brilliant, our favourite ref.

4298440-6169581-image-a-75_1536956924740.jpg

4 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Time to send these Weegies back down to their level. 4-0 Perthshire. 

Away win for the real Saints against the coagies.

9 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Andrew Dallas is everyone's favourite ref. All hail Andrew Dallas.

We hate him more than most for obvious reasons. The blatant cheating game at Ibrox being the number 1 reason. I'm slightly surprised we have got him again this season,  but with the SFA nothing surprises me. He shouldn't be refereeing full stop. 

0_JS174117776.jpg

With everyone fit and on top form, I don't think the team you'd select would bare that much resemblance to that we'll see on Saturday but that's the situation we are in at the moment. 

My team:

Clark

Foster - Kerr - Shaughnessy - Tanser

Wotherspoon - Callachan - Craig - Swanson

Kane - Hendry

Other option is Shaughnessy moves to right back with Gordon central. I'd then play O'Halloran ahead of JS, with either Wotherspoon or Swanson on left, probably the former as he's more disciplined. 

But I don't think Hendry will even make the eighteen. 

11 hours ago, Munoz said:

Andrew Dallas is the ref for Saturday.  Fecking brilliant, our favourite ref.

4298440-6169581-image-a-75_1536956924740.jpg

He owes us a penalty or four doesn't he.

8 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

He owes us a penalty or four doesn't he.

At least 4 , probably more. Was the ref in Perth earlier in the season- gave them 2 ( missed) and turned down a couple of strong appeals from us. 

Even worse referee than his Dad was, and that takes some beating. 

How is this clown allowed to referee any of our games again this season after that fiasco at Ibrox.  Total disgrace

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

At least 4 , probably more. Was the ref in Perth earlier in the season- gave them 2 ( missed) and turned down a couple of strong appeals from us. 

5c8a29f842855_imageproxy(2).gif.b158029437bfdfd311fc98c4e8150543.gif

2 hours ago, Munoz said:

We hate him more than most for obvious reasons. The blatant cheating game at Ibrox being the number 1 reason. I'm slightly surprised we have got him again this season,  but with the SFA nothing surprises me. He shouldn't be refereeing full stop. 

0_JS174117776.jpg

Can just see the reception he will receive.  The first mistake he makes the bull will be out the ring.  

4 hours ago, Munoz said:

Even worse referee than his Dad was, and that takes some beating. 

So in just two games this season, he has given 6 (SIX) penalties against us.

Edited by Bobby_F

With everyone fit and on top form, I don't think the team you'd select would bare that much resemblance to that we'll see on Saturday but that's the situation we are in at the moment. 
My team:
Clark
Foster - Kerr - Shaughnessy - Tanser
Wotherspoon - Callachan - Craig - Swanson
Kane - Hendry
Other option is Shaughnessy moves to right back with Gordon central. I'd then play O'Halloran ahead of JS, with either Wotherspoon or Swanson on left, probably the former as he's more disciplined. 
But I don't think Hendry will even make the eighteen. 

I’m having great difficulty understanding why Wotherspoon should be persisted with. He isn’t alone in performing poorly but I do think he is more consistently poor than the others, particularly in giving (as opposed to losing) possession. As ever, you have a rationale for what you say. I am simply irrational and frustrated by attending and seeing such poor play when I know we’re capable of more.
My one criticism of Tommy is that of being too loyal to certain players. Although I’m utterly baffled by the switch from Craig to Goss. However, most of what we say is because we see through lenses tinted by a long period of success.
The shots on goal for the last 8 league matches have been:
0-7 Hearts
0-9 Celtic
2-7 Celtic
3-6 Hamilton
2-1 Rangers
1-2 Aberdeen
1-4 Hibs
2-4 Livingston
That is poor. Relegation form.

I'm not that keen on Alston out wide and just feel if you go with O'Halloran, Swanson, or even Kennedy, on one side, you need the balance that Wotherspoon brings on the other. I'll concede he's not playing well but then if we limited ourselves to those that were, we'd be playing five-a-side!

Going back to even the time of Derek McInnes, I remember arguing with @andrewh when we were on poor runs. Usually I could always see merit in our performances but this is the worst run since we were promoted, with very little to be positive about and I agree, our performances - not just the results - since the trip to Tynecastle have been of the variety that bring about relegation.

We are fortunate though to have a manager we know can turn these slumps around. It might not be on Saturday though because it's sometimes when we least expect it.