Perth Saints v Paisley Saints

I didn’t think St Mirren were unlucky either. They created nothing. They had plenty of the ball in the second half but it wasn’t productive possession.

Saints were nowhere near good enough going forward but given the players on the park it’s hardly surprising we weren’t playing sexy football. Looking at it optimistically, it stops the rot and hopefully instils a bit of confidence back in the side going into the next couple of games pre split.

As far as taking it to the corner at the end I guess that all goes into the same category. Imagine how raging we’d be if we’d conceded in injury time? We’ve conceded several late goals this season pressing for something at the end of games so I can absolutely understand why we did it, even if I’m the situation it looked awful.

6 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

I'd be surprised if many St Johnstone fans didn't think we were unlucky tonight.

Not a chance, you had a 10 minute spell at the end of that game dominating the ball, with an overload on one side, with one of our centre halves having completely lost the plot, and you couldn't even force the keeper into a save.

That's not luck, it's just not being good enough. Losing games like that is why you'll be relegated.

10 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I didn’t think St Mirren were unlucky either. They created nothing. They had plenty of the ball in the second half but it wasn’t productive possession.

Saints were nowhere near good enough going forward but given the players on the park it’s hardly surprising we weren’t playing sexy football. Looking at it optimistically, it stops the rot and hopefully instils a bit of confidence back in the side going into the next couple of games pre split.

As far as taking it to the corner at the end I guess that all goes into the same category. Imagine how raging we’d be if we’d conceded in injury time? We’ve conceded several late goals this season pressing for something at the end of games so I can absolutely understand why we did it, even if I’m the situation it looked awful.

Agree. We've been so long without a win losing again after being a goal up would have been ridiculous. The bigger problem is that against the bottom team at home we should be 2 or 3 up after going ahead relatively early. Hilariously, for the last couple of corners Kane was the only man in the box. We were lucky St Mirren were poor going forward last night as we were again defending too deep after we scored and that's cost us in games we've been ahead. 

Penalty looked a clear dive from where I was, very minimal if any contact. Justice was served. 

Even more convinced now that Joe needs hooked asap. Gordon is simply a better option, a back four with him and Kerr in the middle is surely perferable. Ditto Murray Davidson, he's done now, fluffed the easiest chance of the game. Callaghan and Craig  (both decent last night) in the middle would, I think, let us go back to 4-4-2 which I think is out most comfortable shape. Gives us options with MOH and Alston and Kennedy can be flexible. 

5 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Even more convinced now that Joe needs hooked asap.

He needs to clarify his future, one way or another. Kerr let a ball over his head and almost let a striker in, and it got ignored, Shaughnessy does the same second half and got pelters for it, he then lost his head and had a spell of shutting out of tackles then over committing to others. It clearly affected him. The longer it goes on, the worse itll get, so just come out and say you're leaving and let fans accept that.

I once missed a penalty that would have won my amateur team the league in a league decider, I've been told by quite a few people that it was the worst penalty they've ever seen ( we went on to win the league anyway). Last night I sent them all the video of Jackson pen so they could all see that he has stolen my thunder. I paid a 5er for a game then, this c***s earned thousands over the years and that's the best he could muster. 

If I was OK last night I've have subbed him straight after and told him to f**k off up to Broxden services to hitch a lift a home. 

Being honest we go into each game with minimal chance of winning,  playing one man up front in these games and hoping we've still got something to play for in the last 20 before bringing on a second striker is a shambles. The fact that we also choose to play high balls upto a wee guy upfront just makes it even worse. 

I'll not say we're doomed yet because I don't think Dundee are much better but regardless of who finishes in the bottom spot and who ends up in the play offs we'll both most likely go down anyway,  

We've made a total arse of this season. 

10 minutes ago, Gbud84 said:

We've made a total arse of this season. 

Neat summary of the past ten months there. Fucking shite all round. Ah well. 

Things is, that penalty won't send us down. Four penalties at Rangers won't send us down. Various shite refereeing decisions won't send us down. Even the bad luck with injuries to Magennis and McGinn isn't sending us down. What's sending us down is a complete failure to head into the season with any sort of sound strategy, and the club having no continuity when Jack Ross left.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Neat summary of the past ten months there. Fucking shite all round. Ah well. 

Things is, that penalty won't send us down. Four penalties at Rangers won't send us down. Various shite refereeing decisions won't send us down. Even the bad luck with injuries to Magennis and McGinn isn't sending us down. What's sending us down is a complete failure to head into the season with any sort of sound strategy, and the club having no continuity when Jack Ross left.

We're not the first club to make a disastrous managerial appointment in Stubbs,  and we wont be the last. If we go down , this is the reason.

7 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

I think most times when a team loses by a single goal, it's not unusual for the losing team to think they may have got something from the game.

Certainly both games v Killie at home we could have got a point.

Tonight, in a game with zero chances for either team, we miss a penalty and gift the opposition a goal - so yeah, could argue we should have had a point.

Dundee United in cup, they were hanging on for the last 20 mins as we pummelled them; so could have quite easily for a draw.

I'd be surprised if many St Johnstone fans didn't think we were unlucky tonight.

Anyway, your a gazillion points ahead of us - why are you so bothered.

My oh my, I know you’ve had a hard season but if your final twenty minutes against us is your idea of pummelling then I’ve underestimated how hard it’s beem for you. 

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Jackson getting it tight for no reason. He tried to score and missed talk about a scapegoat. Ross and Stubbs and the saints board to blame.

Predominantly Stubbs and you could say the board for giving him the job. Cant really blame Ross for leaving.

9 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

I think most times when a team loses by a single goal, it's not unusual for the losing team to think they may have got something from the game.

Certainly both games v Killie at home we could have got a point.

Tonight, in a game with zero chances for either team, we miss a penalty and gift the opposition a goal - so yeah, could argue we should have had a point.

Dundee United in cup, they were hanging on for the last 20 mins as we pummelled them; so could have quite easily for a draw.

Anyway, your a gazillion points ahead of us - why are you so bothered.

Not really - you gifted us a goal, shanked a soft penalty and created no chances of note in the game after we scored. You'll have to play much better than you did last night to stay up, which you probably know anyway.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Not really - you gifted us a goal, shanked a soft penalty and created no chances of note in the game after we scored. You'll have to play much better than you did last night to stay up, which you probably know anyway.

That's pretty much what I'm saying.

Neither team created much. We got a penalty which we missed, we then gifted you a goal.

I don't remember either keeper having much to do, with St J having most of the possession in the first half, St M most of the possession in the second.

9/10 those games end in a draw, or one team nicks it if there's a bit of luck for them or a moment of quality from them.

Our last 5 games have been away draws to Aberdeen and Hearts, a home win v Livvy, and two narrow 1-0 defeats to top 6 teams.

We are not a good football team, but surprisingly over those last 5 games we seem to have been able to almost match teams who are all way ahead of us in the league.

We're not down yet.

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

We are not a good football team, but surprisingly over those last 5 games we seem to have been able to almost match teams who are all way ahead of us in the league.

"Matching" us last night probably just enforces the fact St Mirren are doomed, that's the worst home performance I can remember for years, and probably worse than we played in our recent loss against Livingston. 

Cant see how you can find any positives in your performance at all.