Perth Saints v Paisley Saints

2 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

It’s pretty incredible to me that, despite St Mirren fans thinking there is very little between them and Kilmarnock, we sit 34 points above them in the league after 30 games.

I've been to the three league games v Kilmarnock and all were narrow 1 goal defeats. While we deserved to lose at RP, we were desperately unlucky to get nothing from both games at SMP.

I've been to the three league games v Kilmarnock and all were narrow 1 goal defeats. While we deserved to lose at RP, we were desperately unlucky to get nothing from both games at SMP.

IMG_1105.jpg

Happily take the win, despite us being poor in the second half. Albeit we did force the keeper into the only save of the match for either team (that penalty doesn’t count) and missed the best chance cause Davidson has a touch like a brick wall.

Thought St Mirrens youngsters looked lost out there. Particularly McPherson, who thought after 5 minutes it was a good idea to square up to Craig. Utterly pointless and I think ultimately a lack of experience might be the Buddies downfall, well that and the fact Jackson is woeful.

As for us, Callachan easily our best player tonight, great engine and unlucky a few times with passes and shots. At least he was showing fight and a desire to get up and down the pitch. Jason Kerr once again strolled it, it’s a shame his defensive colleagues often take away from how cigar smokingly good he is at times. In a better defence he’d be imperious instead of having to do it all himself. Although pass marks to Gordon, won everything that came his way.

Also anyone else think that the penalty was a farce? Lyons threw himself at the ball, missed it and cries out arms wide. Don’t think the saints player was within half a yard of him, let alone pushed him over. Either way justice done and I hope that Jackson gets slaughtered for his attempt.

Brutal 90 mins. 5-3-2 at home to bottom of the league? I know we are on a poor run but Tommy decided to shitfest that game. I think he got lucky.  Going forward we were relying on Kerr and Foster going up one side and Tanser and Joe on the other. Brutal to watch. 90% of the time we just had to go long and Davidson and Callachan can't pass a ball or dribble.

Suppose a wins a win but I'd rather have stayed home and watched crap on TV than drive for 2.5 hours for that.

Kane was good. 

Fair play to the St Mirren fans, they deserve a better team than they have.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

As were Saints games against..... Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell (twice), St Johnstone (twice), Dundee Utd (cup) & Livingston.

Do you think they were just unlucky to? 

11 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

As were Saints games against..... Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell (twice), St Johnstone (twice), Dundee Utd (cup) & Livingston.

Do you think they were just unlucky to? 

I think most times when a team loses by a single goal, it's not unusual for the losing team to think they may have got something from the game.

Certainly both games v Killie at home we could have got a point.

Tonight, in a game with zero chances for either team, we miss a penalty and gift the opposition a goal - so yeah, could argue we should have had a point.

Dundee United in cup, they were hanging on for the last 20 mins as we pummelled them; so could have quite easily for a draw.

I'd be surprised if many St Johnstone fans didn't think we were unlucky tonight.

Anyway, your a gazillion points ahead of us - why are you so bothered.

I didn't think St Mirren were unlucky. With St Johnstone playing that formation and that style and Joe having another nightmare you managed 1 shot on target...a dodgy penalty. And you missed that.

That's why you are bottom of the league.

2 piss poor results against 2 teams in poor form. Both teams better than us but we have shot ourselves in the foot.

Only positive is we have 4 games against Dundee and Accies. Dundee's defence have always got an error in them.

Start Nazon and Mullen up front on Saturday