Perth Saints v Paisley Saints

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor game with not a lot of quality on show tonight. Nothing between the teams & St. Johnstone must feel fortunate to get all three points.

Jackson should be fined a weeks wage for that penalty, pathetic attempt considering its importance.

McAllister & Lyons were very poor tonight they just didn’t look interested.

Massive game on Saturday need to show a lot more desire.

Game of two halves. Game of two chances.

Perth Saints better team first half, Paisley Saints better team second.

Paisley Saints miss penalty, Perth Saints score after Paisley Saints defensive error.

A bit like our last game v Killie, very close, draw probably fair result, but we lose.

Happened to us a lot this season, which is always the tail of the relegated team.

Having said that; we're not down yet. The team and management haven't given up and the fans hopefully haven't either.

Disappointing, but roll on Saturday.

Is Oran '14.29% win rate' Kearney still the great black and white hope for the St Murn boays then?  titter.png.754b229e80a0225d496af1f52f30f214.png

Traded in a Scottish Cup winning/full-time Hunskelping managerial extraordinaire for him, too.  fuckme.png.c227faba6d95ab5ea1830d07b3f63939.png

9 minutes ago, Girth said:

Big thanks to our tractor fancying friends and Agent Jackson for that holocaust of a penalty. Cheque in the post amigo.

Thank you.

Not just yet, we still need them to bend the knee come next week.

8 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I wasn’t there tonight, midweek games mean not getting home until midnight for me, but taking the ball to the corner is obviously the professional thing to do in those circumstances, i’d be raging if we were whipping balls in to the box and conceding on the break in the last minute. 

Agreed, but when youve spent the last half hour watching St fucking Mirren dominating your team, while your team responds by just blootering balls away to nobody, it gets a bit frustrating when Watt breaks free of his defender in the corner and has either a free run at goal, or a situation where two defenders are marking two Saints players, and he decides to run back towards the corner instead. I'm sure he had that situation twice, and looked like Craig had a chance to get a cross in too.

As it was, we wasted those opportunities, St Mirren eventually got the ball, and by the sounds of the crowd almost fashioned a chance.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Not just yet, we still need them to bend the knee come next week.

Youve every chance of beating us. Our arse completely collapsed when St Mirren went two up top and we turned to shite, same issue we've had this entire winless run. 

Only reason we won is because St Mirren are absolutely woeful.

Decent first half without being great.  Tried to play a bit and had one or two decent moves in the first 25 minutes or so.

I thought second was fairly shite from us. The last 20 minutes was crying out for O'Hallorans pace on the break as he would have had half a pitch to run into.  Instead it was get everyone behind the ball and hope st Mirren aren't good enough to create anything.

That time wasting in the corner with 5 to go against a ten man team who are bottom of the league when you're safely mid table with little at stake can get to f**k.  Chance to put the ball across the goal and we turn back a couple of times.

I would have laughed if st Mirren grabbed a late winner after that.  

Great st Mirren support, numbers and noise.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

f**k up Random ya dick, we did what we had to, to win. After the run we've been on I'm happy to stop the rot. Let's save running rings round folk for Dundee. 

Its pish Tam.  Score a second and kill the game off. Different if we were fighting relegation or it was last minute of a cup quarter-final.

f**k up Random ya dick, we did what we had to, to win. After the run we've been on I'm happy to stop the rot. Let's save running rings round folk for Dundee. 

We’ll skud you and you’ll fucking accept it.

1 minute ago, Silvio said:

Our performance was as bad as this thread.

What a horror of a season, and unbelievably we could still stay up 

Great support, in terms of numbers and noise. The team don't deserve it. 

That's the spirit.

St Mirren’s support much better than the game deserved. We obviously scored but it was our only real chance and it was created by thon music diddy in St Mirren’s defence. 

Happy to take any win we can get after the run we’ve been on though. Kane, Kennedy, Kerr and Kallachan our best players, Kane and Kerr in particular. Shaughnessy looked like he’d never seen a football before. 

Archived