Perth Saints v Paisley Saints

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McAllister and Nazon should be back in time and ready to go for this. 

That Magennis and Mcginn aren't yet ready is not the fault of the SPFL or anyone else. Head down and get on with it. 

If we can pull a rabbit out the hat it's a massive boost for Saturday. 

Not sure you'll be needing any rabbits to be honest. We've been almost universally poor since returning from the winter break. An early goal and a competent defensive showing and you'll win the game.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf to him we all have big teams, I like St Mirren.

Thought as much. 

As for game, would probably take a draw but the 3pts would give us a bit of cushion going into Saturday's game. 

2-1  to the original Saints. 

So it appears we have Clark back available in goal but that we're missing Alston, Keown, Hendry and Wotherspoon is a doubt. 

Suspect the team will look something like

Clark

Foster Kerr Shaughnessy Tanser

Kennedy Davidson Craig Swanson

Kane Watt

I'd personally have O'Halloran in ahead of Kane and go for a 4-2-3-1 with Watt up top on his own, but Kane seems to be a manager's favourite just now and I think Wright will feel he has to start 2 up top against St Mirren.

I'll be coming through from Glasgow but the last few months - and last season - have somewhat numbed my enthusiasm, paritcularly for midweek games. Top 6 is gone so a baws oot attacking performance with us playing at pace would be lovely.

Reality dictates it'll probably end up 1-0 either way or 0-0 though.

27 minutes ago, Kyle said:

So it appears we have Clark back available in goal but that we're missing Alston, Keown, Hendry and Wotherspoon is a doubt. 

Suspect the team will look something like

Clark

Foster Kerr Shaughnessy Tanser

Kennedy Davidson Craig Swanson

Kane Watt

I'd personally have O'Halloran in ahead of Kane and go for a 4-2-3-1 with Watt up top on his own, but Kane seems to be a manager's favourite just now and I think Wright will feel he has to start 2 up top against St Mirren.

I'll be coming through from Glasgow but the last few months - and last season - have somewhat numbed my enthusiasm, paritcularly for midweek games. Top 6 is gone so a baws oot attacking performance with us playing at pace would be lovely.

Reality dictates it'll probably end up 1-0 either way or 0-0 though.

Yeah I'm trying to muster up the will to drive up after work as well, totally understand the numbed enthusiasm.  Although everything to do with Scottish football is toxic as f**k just now so that probably doesn't help!

22 hours ago, kevthedee said:

Alright lads did someone mention Dundee fans.

Anyway if Perth saints could pump these fuds and maybe injury a few of them as well that would be greatly appreciated.

More like:

Could Perth Saints pump Midden and both teams injure each other a lot and maybe St Mirren could field a couple of ineligible players, that'd be grand.

I thought the game at Livi was depressing, then I watched the abysmal Scotland games with little enthusiasm and realised even the worst saints game is far better than international football. So yeah I’m actually looking forward to it and even if it’s crap at least it will provoke some emotion.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Great news all round, apart from Hendry who deserves a chance.

50 minutes ago, saint sid said:

meanwhile in paisley 

He's a Celtic fan. The clue is "wanting Brendan Rodgers back". Not sure, therefore, why you thought it was relevant to St Mirren? 

6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

He's a Celtic fan. The clue is "wanting Brendan Rodgers back". Not sure, therefore, why you thought it was relevant to St Mirren? 

dumb zebra had a pop at perth punters and i was just pointing out what your average punter in paisley is like, regardless of what team he supports  :angel

16 minutes ago, saint sid said:

dumb zebra had a pop at perth punters and i was just pointing out what your average punter in paisley is like, regardless of what team he supports  :angel

Stand by what I wrote some weird unusual guy's come from Perth. You are a wee diddy club like most small provincial clubs though a well run club I admit. To think you are something special is laughable always a half empty stadium with very few trophies to show off. The Scotsman printed a league table from January  St Johnstone are bottom of the league . Does that mean anything going into the game ? No it does not. I won't abuse you like you do me I'm above the school play ground of plastic Perth Tory-land of Scotland. 

31 minutes ago, saint sid said:

I would say he has more integrity than most football fans in the country.

The OF fans living nowhere near Glasgow are an absolute embarrassment. This guy lives close enough to justify being one of those fans but instead chose to follow St Mirren. 

The Paisley saints and even Partick fans are a-okay in my book.

That being said we need them to get convincingly pumped so.... Please?

5 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Stand by what I wrote some weird unusual guy's come from Perth. You are a wee diddy club like most small provincial clubs though a well run club I admit. To think you are something special is laughable always a half empty stadium with very few trophies to show off. The Scotsman printed a league table from January  St Johnstone are bottom of the league . Does that mean anything going into the game ? No it does not. I won't abuse you like you do me I'm above the school play ground of plastic Perth Tory-land of Scotland. 

yip paisley punters are not weird or unusual, here's another two "normal" paisley punters 

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

I would say he has more integrity than most football fans in the country.

The OF fans living nowhere near Glasgow are an absolute embarrassment. This guy lives close enough to justify being one of those fans but instead chose to follow St Mirren. 

The Paisley saints and even Partick fans are a-okay in my book.

That being said we need them to get convincingly pumped so.... Please?

na, i'm gonna put a bet on st johnstone to win, so trhats you fecked 

Archived