Perth Saints v Paisley Saints

Theres been at least two inches of snow landed in my back garden in three hours, what are you expecting? Theres still three hours until kick off and the snows getting heavier.

Are you that thick you can’t read.

What I expect is a bit of effort to have at least the pitch cleared of snow I’ve seen pictures there was zero effort unlike Brechin fan who at least made an attempt fair play to them proper bunch of fans.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Are you that thick you can’t read.

What I expect is a bit of effort to have at least the pitch cleared of snow I’ve seen pictures there was zero effort unlike Brechin fan who at least made an attempt fair play to them proper bunch of fans.

:lol: let's see the pictures then.

:lol: let's see the pictures then.

IMG_6611.thumb.jpg.5f6fd06fa34f96c683bb2e0fffcfe2e3.jpg

IMG_6610.jpg

As I’ve said before fair enough if police call it off for safety fears outside the ground or because the pitch is flooded.

Where the covers? Effort from ground staff and fans to clear the pitch?

Nothing to do with the pitch mind you.:lol:

This afternoon's Ladbrokes Premiership fixture with St Mirren has been postponed following an 11:45AM pitch inspection.

The pitch has become unplayable due to heavy rain followed by snow which has left areas of the park waterlogged. With no improvement in the forecast for the rest of the day the referee has decided to call off the fixture.

There were also concerns regarding the safety of spectators due to snow in the car park and surrounding areas in addition to road conditions for those travelling to Perth.

Update on the rescheduling of the fixture will follow in due course.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

If we were playing a team that brings fans then we’d maybe have made an effort, but whether the bus load of St Mirren fans sit in the Main Stand today or on some midweek later this month isn’t going to have any impact on our club. 

Exactly. No-one makes an effort to get games against the wee saints on. Why should we?

(That said, I'm about to be dragged around Cameron Toll. Steve Brown really is a tight-fisted c**t)

16 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

This is Broxden Services just now-snow is lying pretty thick up here...

IMG_1552739034.428617.jpg

Drove past the ground on my way out-pitch is blanketed in snow, as are the car parks. The road in and out is thick with slush. The road round the back of the north stand and on to the A90 is 15mph tops and even then ropey.

Looks to me like the pitch hasn’t been covered but regardless, they’d have to have it uncovered by now in any event and given the current weather and forecast for the rest of the day I doubt it would have been much better by kick off.

It’s an utterly shitty day which would have likely produced an utterly shitty match in shitty conditions in front of a shitty crowd. Hopefully we can get it rearranged for this midweek...

Quite evidently a picture of a slope. Insufficient evidence. Tinpot club still stands. 

Then you've got Sean Batty a few posts up claiming there is heavy snow due until 7pm. Tinpot indeed. 

7 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

IMG_6610.jpg

As I’ve said before fair enough if police call it off for safety fears outside the ground or because the pitch is flooded.

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Nothing to do with the pitch mind you.:lol:

And all that snow has landed in 3 hours, and the snow has gotten heavier. Covers cant be laid for the final two hours before the match. Under soil heating is redundant as it just melts the snow.

We could've slogged and cleared the pitch at 12, by 2 it would be exactly the same, while the roads and motorways get worse.  

The statement from the club confirm that.

Continue bleating about it though, maybe make you feel better.

7 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

IMG_6610.jpg

It wasn't safe to clear the pitch cos of the polar bears walking about on it.

And all that snow has landed in 3 hours, and the snow has gotten heavier. Covers cant be laid for the final two hours before the match. Under soil heating is redundant as it just melts the snow.
We could've slogged and cleared the pitch at 12, by 2 it would be exactly the same, while the roads and motorways get worse.  
The statement from the club confirm that.
Continue bleating about it though, maybe make you feel better.

Why would you slog and clear the pitch for 12 then just leave it for the snow to build up to kick off [emoji23][emoji23]

Are you not allowed to brush the pitch clear of snow or have undersoil heating on after 12 [emoji23]

13 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

If we were playing a team that brings fans then we’d maybe have made an effort, but whether the bus load of St Mirren fans sit in the Main Stand today or on some midweek later this month isn’t going to have any impact on our club. 

Ah, pot and kettle. We'd probably have brought close to a thousand today, and there was a family bus coming up given St Johnstone's excellent family prices. Kids have been looking forward to it all week and I'm now sat in a soft play. FFS St Johnstone, it better not be rescheduled for a school night.

2 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Why would you slog and clear the pitch for 12 then just leave it for the snow to build up to kick off emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Are you not allowed to brush the pitch clear of snow or have undersoil heating on after 12 emoji23.png

No you're right tbf, when theres two inches of snow on the pitch we should switch the heaters on.

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Ah, pot and kettle. We'd probably have brought close to a thousand today, and there was a family bus coming up given St Johnstone's excellent family prices. Kids have been looking forward to it all week and I'm now sat in a soft play. FFS St Johnstone, it better not be rescheduled for a school night.

Well, this is a important lesson for children to learn. Not everything in life is always going to go their way. We shouldn't be pandering to these youngsters.

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

No it should have been on overnight along with covers.

I'm fairly sure you cant use both at the same time without fucking the ground.

FWIW the snow has virtually stopped :lol:

In fact its starting to rain and clear the pavements :lol:

I'm fairly sure you cant use both at the same time without fucking the ground.
FWIW the snow has virtually stopped :lol:
In fact its starting to rain and clear the pavements :lol:

Well at least 1 would have been a good start[emoji23]

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

Well, this is a important lesson for children to learn. Not everything in life is always going to go their way. We shouldn't be pandering to these youngsters.

They're St Mirren fans, they already fecking know that.

Archived