Perth Saints v Paisley Saints

I’m in the Mcdiarmid area right now and quite frankly even if the pitch is/was ok there’s no way this should go ahead. Constant snow for the last five hours. All the roads-from the motorway between Craigend and Broxden to the approach roads near the ground are in a hellish state. The M90 was bordering on undriveable when I came this direction 20 minutes ago.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It'll be off, with any luck they'll organise it for next Saturday, but that would make too much sense.

No chance.

We'd be without McAllister and Duckens Nazon. 

and we never saw cammy bell play for st johnstone ever again

And the real reason for the postponement comes out!

I retract my previous statements - tinpot etc...

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you a fucking moron? Or are you expecting Saints to hire an army to clear the streets around the ground? Decision will have nothing to do with the pitch.

Really?:lol:

Capture.PNG

Are you a fucking moron? Or are you expecting Saints to hire an army to clear the streets around the ground? Decision will have nothing to do with the pitch.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/game-heavy-snow-not-halt-st-mirren-v-dundee-united-clash/

A bit of effort is what I expect fair enough if police call the game off for safety or pitch is flooded but I’ve seen pictures of the pitch and looks like zero effort was made to at least clear the pitch or cover it

IMG_6609.thumb.jpg.a8f27677fb0977d0cf775dfb7d9e21bf.jpg

Fair play to Brechin fans making an effort unlike the fake saints surely your chairman with his deep pockets could have dug abit deeper today

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It'll be off, with any luck they'll organise it for next Saturday, but that would make too much sense.

Cup semi-final weekend could work but it would depend how the top 6 race is looking.

At least this means we can’t be bottom this weekend. 

Edited by The Master

13 minutes ago, Gert.T.Fock said:

Well I’m in Perth city centre and I can assure you there’s no snow lying.

I posted a photo from literally two minutes walk from McDiarmid, where theres clearly snow lying.

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Really?:lol:

Capture.PNG

4 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/game-heavy-snow-not-halt-st-mirren-v-dundee-united-clash/

A bit of effort is what I expect fair enough if police call the game off for safety or pitch is flooded but I’ve seen pictures of the pictures and looks like zero effort was made to at least clear the pitch or cover it

Theres been at least two inches of snow landed in my back garden in three hours, what are you expecting? Theres still three hours until kick off and the snows getting heavier.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Well I’m in Perth city centre and I can assure you there’s no snow lying.

This is Broxden Services just now-snow is lying pretty thick up here...

IMG_1552739034.428617.jpg

Drove past the ground on my way out-pitch is blanketed in snow, as are the car parks. The road in and out is thick with slush. The road round the back of the north stand and on to the A90 is 15mph tops and even then ropey.

Looks to me like the pitch hasn’t been covered but regardless, they’d have to have it uncovered by now in any event and given the current weather and forecast for the rest of the day I doubt it would have been much better by kick off.

It’s an utterly shitty day which would have likely produced an utterly shitty match in shitty conditions in front of a shitty crowd. Hopefully we can get it rearranged for this midweek...

5 minutes ago, Radford said:

You need three players absent for a postponement. It'll be next Saturday. 

That’s for a postponement of a scheduled game that you wouldn’t ordinarily expect to have international players (so lower league games, mostly). 

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

It looks like the waterlogged pitch has been caused by the salty tears of St. Mirren supporters everywhere. Delicious.

Its bizarre. They seem to not realise it wa lashing down last night, and theres been fairly heavy snow since 9, which wont stop until after 7.

We should definitely have had covers over, as plastic sheets would solve that issue, despite the fact you have to take covers off two hours before kick off, while the snows still heavy, and the ground is still wet.

They'd have cried even worse if it had been called off at 2.

Edited by RandomGuy.

A bit of effort is what I expect fair enough if police call the game off for safety or pitch is flooded but I’ve seen pictures of the pictures and looks like zero effort was made to at least clear the pitch or cover it

IMG_6609.thumb.jpg.a8f27677fb0977d0cf775dfb7d9e21bf.jpg

Fair play to Brechin fans making an effort unlike the fake saints surely your chairman with his deep pockets could have dug abit deeper today
Pictures of the pictures you say.

I just phoned the pictures and they are open as usual.