Perth Saints v Paisley Saints

8 hours ago, Munoz said:

At least 4 , probably more. Was the ref in Perth earlier in the season- gave them 2 ( missed) and turned down a couple of strong appeals from us. 

Even worse referee than his Dad was, and that takes some beating. 

You're seriously complaining about losing that game 2-0????

You were lucky it wasn't 10 it was so one-sided.

Absolutely no idea what we should do for this. Still think it wouldn't hurt to try the shape and (roughly) the personnel that had us on the good run before Christmas. Desperately hope Clark is back for this, we're missing his presence and ability badly.

Clark

Foster, Kerr, Shaughnessy, Tanser

MOH, Davidson, Craig, Wotherspoon

Kennedy, Watt

Any word on Easton's fitness? Wouldn't be disappointed if we played Alston on the right and either MOH or Swanson left. Also hope to see Hendry in the squad - no point in him banging them in for the reserves if he isn't in the manager's thoughts when we're struggling for goals.

2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Absolutely no idea what we should do for this. Still think it wouldn't hurt to try the shape and (roughly) the personnel that had us on the good run before Christmas. Desperately hope Clark is back for this, we're missing his presence and ability badly.

Clark

Foster, Kerr, Shaughnessy, Tanser

MOH, Davidson, Craig, Wotherspoon

Kennedy, Watt

Any word on Easton's fitness? Wouldn't be disappointed if we played Alston on the right and either MOH or Swanson left. Also hope to see Hendry in the squad - no point in him banging them in for the reserves if he isn't in the manager's thoughts when we're struggling for goals.

I saw Zander walking into McDairmid the other day with no trace of a limp. Means nothing though. Also saw Tommy with those tight sports leggings on walking through reception. Not a great look for a man that age but I guess he's earned it. 

Clark

Foster - Kerr - Gordon - Tanser

Alston - Callachan - Craig - MOH

Kennedy

Kane

A team with pace and chaos.  And no small amount of risk. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese
Not knowing left from right

We should sign Scobbie and play him in goals ahead of Bell. He gives the defence kittens and just doesn't seem to be very.... you know... good.

I've given up trying to guess what Wright will do to be honest. Plenty of candidates for dropping - everyone except Kerr probably - but it'll end up be one or two changes and probably not the ones who stand out as desperately needing dropped.

The  second we concede we look beat just now. If St Mirren go for the jugular early and score, they'll win the game and we'll create next to nothing in response. I don't think I've seen us as soft as we've been recently since before Coyle beyond the odd individual match. 

Team line? I have no idea what Tommy will do but I'd probably go;

Clark/Sinclair/anyone but Cammy Bell

Shaughnessy Kerr Gordon Easton 

Davidson Craig

O'Halloran Alston Swanson

Hendry

2 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I’d be quite happy with that team Kyle. Was Easton on the bench last week? I hadn’t heard of him having any ill effects from his reserve games.

So would I, especially liking the Sinclair ahead of Bell chat. It's about time Tommy grew a set.

Has Cammy Bell been that bad? He made a poor call for the equaliser last week but one fumble against Hibs apart, has there been much else? 

I accept the argument that Clark might have saved some of the goals we've conceded - and I definitely appreciate ZC more in absence - but not sure that not being as good as Clark means that Bell deserves complete flogging. 

I want Clark back in nets tomorrow but Bell isn't the end of the world.

24 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Bell isn't great at anything imo, just competent at a few things. If I were Tommy I'd be letting young Ross get a few games in, the boys got talent.

I agree.  He's an OK shot stopper but it's  frustrating that he's pretty silent, whereas Zander is more vocal. My biggest gripe is that he never sees a throw and it's noticable how much slower we are playing out from the back. Even when players are asking for the ball he'll slowly, methodically put the ball at his feet and kick. Even when we've been down and still in the game, minutes to go, Cammy takes his own sweet time. He seems to lack any sense of urgency, and can seem lost at crosses and deep corners. 

I also like Kyle's team but Kennedy (swap with Swanson) needs to play and I'd ditch Muzz for Callachan. I reckon he'd offer more energy and creativity and balance well with Craig. 

I don't like Cammy Bell to be honest. He's slow to get down, I don't trust him to deal with cross balls, his distribution is poor, he doesn't talk much and the defence look more jittery with him playing than they ever have with Clark. Wright is saying he's not sure whether to gamble on Clark's fitness because it might set him out for the rest of the season - tomorrow IS pretty much the rest of the season. If we don't win, there's basically no chance of us getting top 6 and we're not going to finish below 9th. I'd feel much more comfortable and confident of being able to get something with Clark in goals and potentially kick starting our season again.

Easton isn't fit enough to start tomorrow either, according to Wright. I appreciate he's been out for a long time but there's only 9 games left now for Easton to prove he's worth another year, having not played for the vast majority of his most recent 2 year contract. I think Tanser could do with sitting out for a couple of games too - he's played a lot of football this season and his form has started to dip since the winter break.

Probably the lowest moment in all my time supporting Saints was when Brian McGinty scored a hat-trick against us. On that basis, anything on Saturday will be positive.
I was there to witness that phenomenon. Also witnessed there worst miss I have ever seen in flesh, Paddy Connolly from half a yard out missed the target.

Seen us win 2 times in about 20 years in Perth. Although I don't think we have won much more than that?

One of our many bogey teams.

Those were the days. What a player Brian McGinty was! Absolutely hopeless.
He wasn't anywhere near the greatest to grace the stripes, but i'd rather have 11 McGinty's than some of the jokers we have signed, even as recently as last summer.

He gave everything for us, which at the time was all we asked for. Guys like Twaddle ripped the absolute piss out of us.

I was there to witness that phenomenon. Also witnessed there worst miss I have ever seen in flesh, Paddy Connolly from half a yard out missed the target.

Seen us win 2 times in about 20 years in Perth. Although I don't think we have won much more than that?

One of our many bogey teams.

My only recollection of that game was that Connolly miss. It is seared into my memory. I seem to remember him being virtually on the goalline, the square ball barely moving, and managing to chip it up to his own head height and the ball being cleared.