Perth Saints v Paisley Saints

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Andrew Dallas is everyone's favourite ref. All hail Andrew Dallas.

We hate him more than most for obvious reasons. The blatant cheating game at Ibrox being the number 1 reason. I'm slightly surprised we have got him again this season,  but with the SFA nothing surprises me. He shouldn't be refereeing full stop. 

0_JS174117776.jpg

With everyone fit and on top form, I don't think the team you'd select would bare that much resemblance to that we'll see on Saturday but that's the situation we are in at the moment. 

My team:

Clark

Foster - Kerr - Shaughnessy - Tanser

Wotherspoon - Callachan - Craig - Swanson

Kane - Hendry

Other option is Shaughnessy moves to right back with Gordon central. I'd then play O'Halloran ahead of JS, with either Wotherspoon or Swanson on left, probably the former as he's more disciplined. 

But I don't think Hendry will even make the eighteen. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

He owes us a penalty or four doesn't he.

At least 4 , probably more. Was the ref in Perth earlier in the season- gave them 2 ( missed) and turned down a couple of strong appeals from us. 

Even worse referee than his Dad was, and that takes some beating. 

2 hours ago, Munoz said:

We hate him more than most for obvious reasons. The blatant cheating game at Ibrox being the number 1 reason. I'm slightly surprised we have got him again this season,  but with the SFA nothing surprises me. He shouldn't be refereeing full stop. 

0_JS174117776.jpg

Can just see the reception he will receive.  The first mistake he makes the bull will be out the ring.  

4 hours ago, Munoz said:

At least 4 , probably more. Was the ref in Perth earlier in the season- gave them 2 ( missed) and turned down a couple of strong appeals from us. 

Even worse referee than his Dad was, and that takes some beating. 

So in just two games this season, he has given 6 (SIX) penalties against us.

With everyone fit and on top form, I don't think the team you'd select would bare that much resemblance to that we'll see on Saturday but that's the situation we are in at the moment. 
My team:
Clark
Foster - Kerr - Shaughnessy - Tanser
Wotherspoon - Callachan - Craig - Swanson
Kane - Hendry
Other option is Shaughnessy moves to right back with Gordon central. I'd then play O'Halloran ahead of JS, with either Wotherspoon or Swanson on left, probably the former as he's more disciplined. 
But I don't think Hendry will even make the eighteen. 

I’m having great difficulty understanding why Wotherspoon should be persisted with. He isn’t alone in performing poorly but I do think he is more consistently poor than the others, particularly in giving (as opposed to losing) possession. As ever, you have a rationale for what you say. I am simply irrational and frustrated by attending and seeing such poor play when I know we’re capable of more.
My one criticism of Tommy is that of being too loyal to certain players. Although I’m utterly baffled by the switch from Craig to Goss. However, most of what we say is because we see through lenses tinted by a long period of success.
The shots on goal for the last 8 league matches have been:
0-7 Hearts
0-9 Celtic
2-7 Celtic
3-6 Hamilton
2-1 Rangers
1-2 Aberdeen
1-4 Hibs
2-4 Livingston
That is poor. Relegation form.

I'm not that keen on Alston out wide and just feel if you go with O'Halloran, Swanson, or even Kennedy, on one side, you need the balance that Wotherspoon brings on the other. I'll concede he's not playing well but then if we limited ourselves to those that were, we'd be playing five-a-side!

Going back to even the time of Derek McInnes, I remember arguing with @andrewh when we were on poor runs. Usually I could always see merit in our performances but this is the worst run since we were promoted, with very little to be positive about and I agree, our performances - not just the results - since the trip to Tynecastle have been of the variety that bring about relegation.

We are fortunate though to have a manager we know can turn these slumps around. It might not be on Saturday though because it's sometimes when we least expect it.

I'm not that keen on Alston out wide and just feel if you go with O'Halloran, Swanson, or even Kennedy, on one side, you need the balance that Wotherspoon brings on the other. I'll concede he's not playing well but then if we limited ourselves to those that were, we'd be playing five-a-side!
Going back to even the time of Derek McInnes, I remember arguing with [mention=13468]andrewh[/mention] when we were on poor runs. Usually I could always see merit in our performances but this is the worst run since we were promoted, with very little to be positive about and I agree, our performances - not just the results - since the trip to Tynecastle have been of the variety that bring about relegation.
We are fortunate though to have a manager we know can turn these slumps around. It might not be on Saturday though because it's sometimes when we least expect it.

lol I remember the dark days of scoring 23 league goals in a season. I think we had scored many and conceded many so the next season we went too far the other way. I recall my dislike of Jody Morris as I found our style lacked entertainment. He was a very competent player, but I didn’t like what I saw. Midge was like that too, for me, but his importance wasn’t lost on me, and I think he improved greatly over time.
The start of this season saw a change in style that resulted in both performances AND results - what I’ve hoped for forlornly for years. Once Drey got injured it all seemed to stop and we have reverted to the kind of lacklustre dross we have sadly become accustomed to, especially at home, these last few seasons, albeit we have had success that way too.
At least if we did argue it never ended up in us trading personal insults :)

53 minutes ago, andrewh said:

At least if we did argue it never ended up in us trading personal insults :)

Shitebags.

Archived