Is Civil War a Possibility?

The Brexit War will be something akin to the recent Morton Falkirk shindig. 
Traffic cones will be the weapon of choice and the Daily Record will wheel out the old "Armageddon" headline
Gives me something to look forward to...
Daily Record would be first place to go up in flames and all their staff placed against the wall.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/03/2019 at 08:50, th1stleandr0se said:

Watching interviews on TV around Brexit it's obvious that there's a massive number of a certain type of person who wants Brexit to happen.  I don't think it takes much imagination to link their views to the rabble-rousing Mail and Express headlines around the matter.  I don't want to start another Brexit thread but I wondered how they would respond to a scenario where there is a second referendum and the country votes to Remain (and I don't want this to be a discussion of how likely that is, just a "what if").

Do you think there is the possibility of massive public unrest, fuelled by the "newspapers" above, turning into something much more serious with fighting in the street and other acts of violence and spinning out of control or are is the country as a whole capable of dealing with it in a civilised manner?  It didn't happen with the result of the original referendum but I'm not so sure that we're dealing with the same type of person here.

Think you need several factors for a civil war, none of which i see in any serious fashion in the UK, the Jo Cox murder aside.

Since the Brexiters have been unable to put together a reasonable sized demonstration\march let alone the kind of angry ones like the student protests in 2011 or the poll tax ones that ended with actual riots, I strongly suspect the threats of civil disorder are fat old fuckers fantasizing about someone else doing the disorder for them.

23 hours ago, dorlomin said:

Since the Brexiters have been unable to put together a reasonable sized demonstration\march let alone the kind of angry ones like the student protests in 2011 or the poll tax ones that ended with actual riots, I strongly suspect the threats of civil disorder are fat old fuckers fantasizing about someone else doing the disorder for them.

Here's the Leave Means Leave Big Brexit March heading south from Sunderland.

D1x3nTIX0AAwBQo.jpg

Archived