Clyde Vs Stirling Albion

Looking forward to this one. The visitors were unlucky to only leave Broadwood with a single point last time out. 

Clyde lost their unbeaten run up at Elgin. I believe Tom Lang is suspended still? He will be a miss but Cogill should be a decent replacement.

The visitors have started to stutter a little and it looks like the playoffs maybe too far for them now.

Prediction Clyde 2-1 Stirling Albion 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stirling did okay in the game at Broadwood, but they were lucky to get '0' in the two games at Forthbank.

Anyone in for Love, and hopefully a fit Cogill. The inclusion of McNiff at left-back continues to baffle; he's more of an attacking threat arriving in the box but nowhere near as good on the ball, which is our gameplan. Would be nice to get an injury update on Cuddihy as although Duffie has done okay, that position is weaker without him.

100% agree that McNiff at LB is a baffling, again  not a criticism of Niff as such, he has been generally excellent since Lennon came in (As central defender!). However as a full back he just cannot defend in the same way. He misses runners too often getting caught out particularly when / if the opposition attack in numbers around the box , agreed he does pose a threat in the box but not really his job.

Duffie also, has done ok, but nowhere near as effective as Cuddihy in that position, back 4 is much more comfortable with him and Stewart as full back / wing back whatever they like to be called end of.  In central defence we are very fortunate at this level as there is an argument for any pairing of Lang, McNiff, Rumsby and Cogill, I certainly don't worry whatever Lennon picks in there (I have my preference but not too fussed).

Just hope for a decent performance from us at Broadwood on Saturday after losing to Albion Rovers at Forthbank.  Expect Clyde to win this one by the odd goal. Meaningless game for us no chance of getting that playoff spot, rebuilding for next season starts now

Might be forced to miss this one due to work, which is a shame because I'd just finished polishing off my double barrell shotgun. Oh well.

Meaningless game for both teams, with Clydes play off place secured and our season all but over.

8-7 to the Albion, Peaso with all the goals.

£14 to watch League 2 football, wow!

Anyway, bit of a meaningless game but an opportunity for KR to try and bag 5th spot and make it look like a semi respectable season, although by and large it’s been pretty poor, with the exception of a good run in the middle of it. It’s also a good opportunity for KR to make final decisions on some of the players, if he has not already done so.

Trips to Clyde are never easy, infact I’m struggling to remember any victories in Cumbernauld and I’m not predicting one on Saturday. The team have been playing poorly for about a month now as old habits seem to be creeping back in, I suppose the only good thing is that Darren Smith should be back and we always have a chance when he’s in the team.

17 hours ago, DeanMck said:

Is Lang deffo still suspended? 

Yes, Lang is still suspended but so is Darren Smith for Stirling, and he's probably a far bigger loss for them than Lang is for us.

Home to Stirling then Elgin on Tuesday with both very winnable games. Even if the title chase is over I'd want 6 points (minimum 4) to lift everyone again before a slump in form becomes a concern.

Trips to Clyde are never easy, infact I’m struggling to remember any victories in Cumbernauld and I’m not predicting one on Saturday.

Pretty sure our last win in Cumbernauld was around this time 2 years ago, can remember it being a roasting March day.

It's not my function in life to educate certain fans, but here goes. Pro means paid employment. If manager tells team to perform in a particular fashion, they follow instructions.  

Why would a manager instruct a team to risk injury/suspension when points aren't necessary. Meaningless game, not pointless....that would be boring.

Archived