• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
TheBigGuy

Clyde Vs Stirling Albion

Looking forward to this one. The visitors were unlucky to only leave Broadwood with a single point last time out. 

Clyde lost their unbeaten run up at Elgin. I believe Tom Lang is suspended still? He will be a miss but Cogill should be a decent replacement.

The visitors have started to stutter a little and it looks like the playoffs maybe too far for them now.

Prediction Clyde 2-1 Stirling Albion 

Cogill was a bit rusty at Elgin but is our best left sided CB and if JS is in for MMcN we should be ok at the back. I'd like to see Cuddihy back and would prefer KS to play upfront rather than AL.

Stirling did okay in the game at Broadwood, but they were lucky to get '0' in the two games at Forthbank.

Anyone in for Love, and hopefully a fit Cogill. The inclusion of McNiff at left-back continues to baffle; he's more of an attacking threat arriving in the box but nowhere near as good on the ball, which is our gameplan. Would be nice to get an injury update on Cuddihy as although Duffie has done okay, that position is weaker without him.

100% agree that McNiff at LB is a baffling, again  not a criticism of Niff as such, he has been generally excellent since Lennon came in (As central defender!). However as a full back he just cannot defend in the same way. He misses runners too often getting caught out particularly when / if the opposition attack in numbers around the box , agreed he does pose a threat in the box but not really his job.

Duffie also, has done ok, but nowhere near as effective as Cuddihy in that position, back 4 is much more comfortable with him and Stewart as full back / wing back whatever they like to be called end of.  In central defence we are very fortunate at this level as there is an argument for any pairing of Lang, McNiff, Rumsby and Cogill, I certainly don't worry whatever Lennon picks in there (I have my preference but not too fussed).

Meaningless game for both teams. Nil,nil.

clyde to win on yellow cards 5-1.  4 for time wasting.

Just hope for a decent performance from us at Broadwood on Saturday after losing to Albion Rovers at Forthbank.  Expect Clyde to win this one by the odd goal. Meaningless game for us no chance of getting that playoff spot, rebuilding for next season starts now

Is Lang deffo still suspended? 
I'd hope the club double/triple/quadruple check before he's selected to play.

Need a big turnout at Broadwood getting right behind the team just like the Edinburgh game. Let's roar them on to a win. 

Might be forced to miss this one due to work, which is a shame because I'd just finished polishing off my double barrell shotgun. Oh well.

Meaningless game for both teams, with Clydes play off place secured and our season all but over.

8-7 to the Albion, Peaso with all the goals.

No such thing as a meaningless game as any pro footballer will confirm. There's win bonuses, contracts for next season, points mean money for the club, league positions, etc., oh yes and Clyde to win.

Can play Fitzpatrick at the back if he's still suspended.

Can play Fitzpatrick at the back if he's still suspended.

Best make sure he's registered as well.

£14 to watch League 2 football, wow!

Anyway, bit of a meaningless game but an opportunity for KR to try and bag 5th spot and make it look like a semi respectable season, although by and large it’s been pretty poor, with the exception of a good run in the middle of it. It’s also a good opportunity for KR to make final decisions on some of the players, if he has not already done so.

Trips to Clyde are never easy, infact I’m struggling to remember any victories in Cumbernauld and I’m not predicting one on Saturday. The team have been playing poorly for about a month now as old habits seem to be creeping back in, I suppose the only good thing is that Darren Smith should be back and we always have a chance when he’s in the team.

17 hours ago, DeanMck said:

Yes, Lang is still suspended but so is Darren Smith for Stirling, and he's probably a far bigger loss for them than Lang is for us.

Home to Stirling then Elgin on Tuesday with both very winnable games. Even if the title chase is over I'd want 6 points (minimum 4) to lift everyone again before a slump in form becomes a concern.

Yes, Lang is still suspended but so is Darren Smith for Stirling, and he's probably a far bigger loss for them than Lang is for us.

Smith out for 2 games, there you go, things just get worse!

Trips to Clyde are never easy, infact I’m struggling to remember any victories in Cumbernauld and I’m not predicting one on Saturday.

Pretty sure our last win in Cumbernauld was around this time 2 years ago, can remember it being a roasting March day.

It's not my function in life to educate certain fans, but here goes. Pro means paid employment. If manager tells team to perform in a particular fashion, they follow instructions.  

Why would a manager instruct a team to risk injury/suspension when points aren't necessary. Meaningless game, not pointless....that would be boring.