Celtic v Aberdeen, Scottish Cup Semi Final

Flybhoy

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

It's all tied on 9 all. 

Who can break the deadlock? 

... Hang on, what's aitchison? Is this made up? And 2 Hendersons eh? Maybe I've not been following the mutants closely enough or maybe this is a stretch. 

Aitchson scored against motherwell the youngest ever Celtic player,Liam and Ewan Henderson both young talented midfielders..

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Ralston,Johnston,two Henderson bothers,Tierney,Forrest,McGregor,Aitchison and Miller off the top of my head.

:lol: Tierney, Forrest and McGregor ill give you, absolutely zero chance you can claim you've "brought" the rest into the first team, you'll be lucky if they've ten league appearances for Celtic combined.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

:lol: Tierney, Forrest and McGregor ill give you, absolutely zero chance you can claim you've "brought" the rest into the first team, you'll be lucky if they've ten league appearances for Celtic combined.

:lol:How many on your list have made the grade at Celtic picking the bones out of it.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The 3 you mention are the only 3 that have been stick on starters for more than a couple of seasons.

I thought it was the normal game plan from Aberdeen with our recent wins in Glasgow try keep it tight and sneak a goal. Felt apart from the first 10 minutes where Celtic could have scored a few the game was dreadful until the wonder goal from Forrest.  I felt the sending off was correct Ball for two yellow cards and Ferguson was a shocker which sadly keeps him out for our massive game with Killie . 

I suppose when we have half our first team missing through injury and suspension we was  always going to be up against it so for that I was never that confident compared to a few other dons fans.  

33 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

:lol:How many on your list have made the grade at Celtic picking the bones out of it.

Well exactly.

Players on my list have more appearances than six of yours, which blows this "Celtic would rather promote youth than sign no hopers from other Scottish clubs" shtick into the Irish sea.

But that pretty much proves our point doesn’t it? They’d made the grade at Aberdeen/Utd/Dundee/etc. They were signed not only to strengthen Celtic but to weaken the opposition. Loaning these players back plays into Celtic’s hands even further because it gives the other teams a better chance of taking points off Rangers while meaning they’re weaker when playing Celtic, forcing them to make changes to their usual starting XI. While Christie was terrific in his first half season at he Dons, being forced to play without him in the most important game of the season (Scottish Cup Final) threw us off our stride. If we’d brought in a similar quality player from elsewhere he’d have been able to play. He was shite last year though.

You can add Mulumbu to the list by the way.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

And only 3 from random's list, this myth Celtic pilferage clubs in Scotland for their players isn't very successful.

Aye, apologies, I phrased that poorly.

My point was Tierney, Forrest and McGregor the only 3 from both lists that held down a place for more than 2 seasons, all 3 came through our own ranks.

8 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

But that pretty much proves our point doesn’t it? They’d made the grade at Aberdeen/Utd/Dundee/etc. They were signed not only to strengthen Celtic but to weaken the opposition. Loaning these players back plays into Celtic’s hands even further because it gives the other teams a better chance of taking points off Rangers while meaning they’re weaker when playing Celtic, forcing them to make changes to their usual starting XI. While Christie was terrific in his first half season at he Dons, being forced to play without him in the most important game of the season (Scottish Cup Final) threw us off our stride. If we’d brought in a similar quality player from elsewhere he’d have been able to play. He was shite last year though.

10-9

Diddies take the lead. 

36 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

For me Aberdeen got the best deal they got over a million for Hayes plus got Christie for a season it works both ways.
Mulumbu was a free,GMS never quite made the grade at Celtic but still a good player.
The million for Hayes should help Aberdeen improve plus I agree that any player on loan should be allowed to play against their parent club. 
Was Madison not that player with better quality?

A delightful drink, as you get older you develop a taste for less jakeball forms of drink.
I rarely drink beer now but when I do I prefer a foreign one like Super Bock or the Brazilian beer, Brama, available in Tesco's mainly although I've seen it in Asda too. Fantastic stuff as is, the aforementioned Southern Comfort and Lemonade, quite sublime as is a nice glass of Rose wine.
My only weakness for traditional stereotypes of scummy drink is a few cans of Strongbow Dark Fruits on the bus going to the game. 8)

I parked near kings park station yesterday for the game so walked through the Celtic fans to the ground.

Having seen the absolute poison being consumed and discarded on the street I am starting to see now why you regard yourself as sophisticated.

Unless you were the guy flying the giant tricolour with the pope on it.

Never understood the outcry regarding Celtic buying the best players of other Scottish clubs. It happens in every country with the richest clubs and, as has been pointed out, happens with clubs like Aberdeen buying the best players of small clubs who wouldn't get a game for Celtic. I think Dundee United received a decent amount of cash wgen Armstrong went to Southampton and we grossly overpaid for Ciftci. Aberdeen received £1m for an aging Jonny Hayes and got Christie on loan also. I don't think other clubs do too badly from Celtic's domestic transfer business.

Archived